There is always humor in the day here...you just have to look for it!

Living in the Costambar Puerto Plata area for the last 4 years I became involved with a group of people who are very involved with the animal population in our community.  Our group is called CAL (Costambar Animal Lovers).  It seems since we formed we get calls from all over the area.  Of course we are not vets or vet techs.  But we make an attempt to at least give our limited opinions and we do what we can at that moment.  Our intension is to generate enough donations to get some of these dogs and cats medical help and spayed and neutered.  Since we have been in existence approximately 4 months we have managed to have a successful fund raiser that we called "A Dog for a Dog'  You guessed it a hot dog and a beer for 100 pesos and we also had a bake sale, karaoke, and several raffles including entry into Ocean World swim with the Dolphins..We had craft exhibits and a 50/50 cash drawing.  It was a great event and we were able to buy 2 complete first aid kits and so far have taken care of so many dogs I lost count.  These are some of our basics. 
While I was have some food and conversation at a members restaurant we got an emergency call that one of the big dogs "Chico" was bleeding from the mouth and we needed a vet fast.  My friend and I jumped in the car and went to take a look after calling a vet who didn't have his vehicle on hand but would get there.  He wanted us to pick up the dog and bring him to his place.   Well this dog is at least 60 lbs and probably was never in a car only chasing after them.  No can do.. And Darlene who was trying to keep this dog around was not to successful...he didn't like her rubber gloves.  So he wanders off and here comes the Vet on a motor bike with the driver.  He's got on gloves as well.. This is not going to be easy.  Well, here we all go looking for this injured dog who has wandered onto a golf course.. The procession begins with the Vet in the lead, the Motor bike driver, Darlene who is now gotten some "pate" to entice the dog to come to her (but she's not able to do much walking) me and my friend Judith and we start to circle the front building and walk onto the golf course...Well, this is not going to happen none of us is agile enough to take on this huge dog and continue the procession.  Judith goes and buys her Halloween candy for the Trick or Treaters she's expecting tonight and proceeds to walk home.  Darlene and I are to pooped to pop so we get into my car and see if we can head the Vet off and help out.. God only knows where he went to, that golf course is pretty big.. Finally he emerges back where we started from.. But no dog in hand,  he was able to get nearer to him but couldn't inspect him...The gloves proved to be a problem.. Well we knew that from the beginning...The dog's wound from what he could see would clot and he'd be ok in a day or 2.  So this fun day cost the group a donation to the Vet of 500 pesos of which he paid the motor bike driver 200..Not a bad price for a few laughs and a little piece of mind for the dog.. That was my day!

Love this!!!!!  Thanks for posting this!!!

You have to find the humor here or go nuts!!!!

that's the truth...Still didn't tell the world about your new position...keep everyone on the edge of there seats...guessing...is she going to be a "pole climber" that kind of thing...hahaha

Hahaha I am just not at liberty to say publicly yet..... but soon.