Re: visa and exit

Hi! I'm Anne, I am working in Sur, Oman as a party organizer with 2years contract, On October 2014,my labor id will expire but our company got bankrupt, my boss will allow me to stay here for two months starting on April 30th, I am planning to look for a new job but what will happen, do I have to go back to the Philippines to have my current working visa cancelled And get a new working visa?Or I can exit to Dubai which I need to obtain a tourist visa? I will appreciate advises.thank you!

Hi Anne,

If you company agrees to give you a ‘Release Letter' then you do not have to exit the country, provided you get yourself another job and your new sponsor is ready to provide you with an employment visa (subject to his company's labour clearance availability, etc).

Your staying back in the Sultanate would depend entirely on how successful you are in finding yourself another job, before the end of the deadline that you have been granted.

All the best.

Thank you Mr.Sumitran. I think my current employer is so much willing to help. But if he will provide a release letter, is he going to pay an amount to any organization?Because I think he doesn't want to pay any amount because he chose to allow me to stay and look for another  job than pay for my remaining months until I finish my contract then go back to my country. Here's the thing, worst case scenario, what if he wont give me a release?For example, I was able to look for a job, Is it possible for me to go to Dubai to have my visa cancelled then go back here in Oman with my new visa?. Because my Mom is here and I want to be here as well.

Hi again Anne,

For issuing a ‘Release Letter' no money is involved. Only your new employer must give it in writing officially to your current employer that they are willing to hire you and so to issue them with a formal release letter stating that they are willing to ‘release' you from their employment. That's all.

Exiting the country, carrying with you only the assurances of your new employer would be too risky a thing to do. Especially given the current circumstances where employment visa for women (except beauticians) have been temporarily put on hold, with no foreseeable lifting of that ban despite the ban being mentioned as for only a 6-month period (starting January 2014).

How long your new employment visa would take to be processed is anybody's guess. If you go to Dubai and if for some reason your employment visa gets delayed indefinitely (which is very likely) then how long would you wait in Dubai ? Often it could even take months on end. It is a very risky move, in my opinion.

Your best option would be to find a job first, then get a release letter from your current employer and then get your employment visa transferred to the new employer and continue on with your life here in Oman.

Good luck !

Thank you Sir! GOD BLESS YOU! One more quick question, Is it possible to obtain another visa while I still have a current working visa ( old and new one ). Because am thinking, what if I exit to Dubai, carrying my new visa from my new employer, because If I will go to dubai, automatically, my previous visa will be cancelled right?

Hi there,

No, unfortunately you cannot have employment visas for 2 countries, or for the same country at the same time.

You can however have 1 employment visa and get another visit visa, like for instance, if you are going to Dubai from Oman, you would have to take an entry / visit visa to enter and exit UAE, while your Oman employment visa would be required for your return back to the Sultanate.

Best wishes.

Sir,
can I change my wife visiting visa to family joining visa  directly before visit visa expires?

Hi Sumitran, hope you're well.

Is there a ban on employment visas for women?

Thank you

xandersam wrote:

Hi Sumitran, hope you're well.

Is there a ban on employment visas for women?

Thank you

Hello xandersam,

Yes there is.

In fact, I have copied a newspaper news item which was published early last week, here in the forum quite a few times ... will do so yet again for your benefit. Check it out :

http://www.muscatdaily.com/Archive/Oman … power-33pj

Also, I was informed that barring female beauticians all other expat (women) opportunities have been put on hold indefinitely.

Good luck.

jinishpm wrote:

Sir,
can I change my wife visiting visa to family joining visa  directly before visit visa expires?

Hello jinishpm,

Unfortunately no.

You wife has to necessarily exit the country and re enter on the family joining visa, as per the current immigration laws.

Best of luck.

Thank you sir

hi good day!I just want to clarify regarding processing of my husband's family visa.....before he will exit oman is it ok to do medical in one of the private clinic accredited by moh? some of my friends told me that after getting medical cleared in private clinic accredited by moh they will do again medical in moh polyclinic..is it true? thank you so much..
hoping for your prompt reply regarding this matter...more power....

Hi pamehmdon ,

Yes, your husband can do his medicals before exiting Oman. And upon his return, he would have to do another medical test at the Ministry of Health clinic in Darsait. The form which he will be carrying has to be stamped by that clinic for him to be able to apply for his Resident Card.

Good luck.

Hi,

Can somebody help me on this matter. My husband is currently working in Oman and has a 2 year contract working with Oxy petroleum, it's his 1 year now and his employer which is a contractor of Oxy, ended their contract. He is planning on looking for a job there, but he is wondering if his visa will be cancelled, it is valid until 2015 i think. He was also advised that if he exits Oman, he wont be allowed to return after 2 years. Help me please on what to do, he really wants to work in Oman.

Hi.

I am from Malaysia and married to Omani man as his second wife. I am now in Oman on Visit Visa and valids only for 1 month. I can only renew in Oman for 1 time for one month validity and was advised to travel out of Oman for my next renewal. My husband plans to take me to Dubai. I just want information how many times i can do this - means traveling to any GCC countries to renew my visa without having to go back to Malaysia? Can someone pls advise me. Many thanks.

Hello Mr. Sumitran. I just would like to ask you again but this time, it is about 2 employment visas with different countries.

I'm currently working here in KSA and eventually found a job in Oman. They are now processing my visa since last week. I am very hopeful for a positive outcome with this.

Please kindly give me some infos, about what you are seeing on these process and what should I be expecting.

I am trusting that I will receive the Oman employment visa this week. Thank you for your future advise.

jokoairis wrote:

Hello Mr. Sumitran. I just would like to ask you again but this time, it is about 2 employment visas with different countries.

I'm currently working here in KSA and eventually found a job in Oman. They are now processing my visa since last week. I am very hopeful for a positive outcome with this.

Please kindly give me some infos, about what you are seeing on these process and what should I be expecting.

I am trusting that I will receive the Oman employment visa this week. Thank you for your future advise.

Hi jokoairis,

What are you asking ?

Read the posts in the forum for details.

Good luck.

Hi,
I am an Indian, i was working for an Egyptian company in Muscat.
I joined that company on January 2014. Salary payment issues made me leave the company without cancelling my visa.
My visa is valid for 2 years. I worked for the company for 6 months. On June 26th, I came back to India on an emergency leave and never went back. I sent my resignation after reaching India. Now its 4 monts after I exit. Now I got a job in Dubai. What are the possible issues that i am going to face on my visa? Please suggest me what to do if i face any issues.

Thank You

Nikhil_123 wrote:

Hi,
I am an Indian, i was working for an Egyptian company in Muscat.
I joined that company on January 2014. Salary payment issues made me leave the company without cancelling my visa.
My visa is valid for 2 years. I worked for the company for 6 months. On June 26th, I came back to India on an emergency leave and never went back. I sent my resignation after reaching India. Now its 4 monts after I exit. Now I got a job in Dubai. What are the possible issues that i am going to face on my visa? Please suggest me what to do if i face any issues.

Thank You

Hi Nikhil_123,

By now your former employer would have got your visa cancelled. If they want to, then they can create problems for you. Do you know if any 'Absconding' notice was published on your name in the local dailies ?!? If yes, then you will already be in the radar of the authorities.

If your former employer wants to play dirty, they can. So it all depend on how your equation was with them prior to your leaving. Your entry to other GCC countries can be monitored as long as you carry the same passport.

Good luck.

Rochelle Rivera wrote:

Hi,

Can somebody help me on this matter. My husband is currently working in Oman and has a 2 year contract working with Oxy petroleum, it's his 1 year now and his employer which is a contractor of Oxy, ended their contract. He is planning on looking for a job there, but he is wondering if his visa will be cancelled, it is valid until 2015 i think. He was also advised that if he exits Oman, he wont be allowed to return after 2 years. Help me please on what to do, he really wants to work in Oman.

Hi Rochelle Rivera,

If the employer doesn't have works and the employees are adviced to cancel their visa, the employer should have given NOC for the employees. I hope there will not be any issues to get NOC for your husband. I suggest cancel the visa with NOC and try a better job in Oman.

Good luck..
Regards,
Anoop.

Hi there
Me and my kids really on my husband's visa...he got job in dubai.......but my kids needs to complete their school sessions.... If my husband exit from here...can I stay with my kids till the end of the session.....
Thanks

harry12345 wrote:

Hi there
Me and my kids really on my husband's visa...he got job in dubai.......but my kids needs to complete their school sessions.... If my husband exit from here...can I stay with my kids till the end of the session.....
Thanks

Hi harry12345,

The decision of whether or not you and your kids continue to stay in Oman until the end of their academic year (March-April 2015) lies entirely in the hands of your husband's employer.

Good luck.

Hi....his employer is ready for this thing that we can stay here till the end of the session... Just we have to pay the rent...is it okay with the rules and regulations.....?

harry12345 wrote:

Hi....his employer is ready for this thing that we can stay here till the end of the session... Just we have to pay the rent...is it okay with the rules and regulations.....?

Hi harry12345,

If your husband's employer has no issues then there is absolutely no problem and no one else can raise any objections to your staying back.

Thanks so much....:)
M relaxed now..
Thanks

Sir one more question... When we leave from here at the end of the session...... And we need to cancel our visa....will there be any problem bcoz we are dependents and main visa holder is not here....?he has already cancel the visa and exit...

harry12345 wrote:

Sir one more question... When we leave from here at the end of the session...... And we need to cancel our visa....will there be any problem bcoz we are dependents and main visa holder is not here....?he has already cancel the visa and exit...

Hi harry12345,

Just make sure your husband's company PRO is there when you are leaving Oman for good. He has to be there necessarily to get all your exit papers signed and sealed at the airport just prior to your entering the immigration section. You would also have to surrender your resident card there.

Keep in touch with your husband's company management / PRO so that in case any help or assistance during the period of your stay alone with your kids, they are available and are kept in the loop.

Good luck.

Thanks so much sir...one more question... Sorry I am disturbing again and again....when we will exit...can we directly go to dubai if our visas are ready or first will have to go india....?

harry12345 wrote:

Thanks so much sir...one more question... Sorry I am disturbing again and again....when we will exit...can we directly go to dubai if our visas are ready or first will have to go india....?

Hi harry12345,

The immigration systems works differently in the UAE. The level of restrictions are minimal there as opposed to what it is here in Oman. So I don't foresee any issues for you to join your husband there. You don't have to go to India before entering the UAE.

Good luck.

Thanks sir......
My husband's visa is expired in first week of jan nd he will be exiting next week..... Is there any penalty he will have to pay at the airport?

harry12345 wrote:

Thanks sir......
My husband's visa is expired in first week of jan nd he will be exiting next week..... Is there any penalty he will have to pay at the airport?

Hi harry12345,

Your husband's visa expired in the first week of January 2014 ?!?

I do hope you know that we are now a few days away from the end of 2014.

All this while your husband has been staying in Oman - without a valid visa ? And you are asking if there will be any penalty when he exits ?!?! I am really surprised at your ignorance.

Of course yes ! Your husband would have a hefty fine to pay.

Like I keep mentioning in this forum (whenever an opportunity arises), whenever anyone break the rules there is a price to be paid. Sometimes it is small. Sometimes it is big. But there is always something to be paid for the misdemeanour. No one breaks a law and gets away scot free. At least not here.

I wish your husband and you a lot of luck !

Sorry sir...his visa is expired in December first week...... 2014, and his last day in office was 25th December.... Now what can be the penalty...

harry12345 wrote:

Sorry sir...his visa is expired in December first week...... 2014, and his last day in office was 25th December.... Now what can be the penalty...

Hi harry12345,

I think it's something like a penalty of R.O. 10/- per day of overstaying.

But if your husband's last day at work was December 25th, then how come his visa expired in the first week of December ? So does it mean that your husband was working without holding a valid employment visa ?

Any way, good luck to you and your husband.

Actually he resigned on 24 Nov...And his visa was expiring on 12 the december...so employer didn't renew it.....they stopped it.

harry12345 wrote:

Actually he resigned on 24 Nov...And his visa was expiring on 12 the december...so employer didn't renew it.....they stopped it.

Make sure its just ur husband's visa that has expired. The validity of yours and your children visas should be valid till the school session ends. Else, you might fall into a serious trouble.

Hi Sumitran,

I am a project manager in a S/W co in India. My husband is moving to Oman this month, I chanced to look at your response in April 2014. Wanted to know if the ban on allowing work permits for women expatriates still exist? Please let me know.

Thanks,

Hi Rafimu,

Unfortunately the situation stays status quo.

Not only that, there have been a few more additional barriers and chicanes that have been placed in the path of the wannabe expatriates, in a concerted move by the local authorities to significantly reduce the number of expatriates - both male and female - coming in to the Sultanate.

If you read the various discussion topics in the forum on the same subject you will get all the latest updates.

Good luck.

Thank you, Sumitran.

Hi! Mr. Sumitran,

my husband is currently working in Oman, and he tender a resignation already effective September 2015. As i have heard his visa will be cancelled. Now he wants to exit Dubai for tourist visa and there he will find a new job. If he's planning to get tourist visa in Dubai, as i have heard also, he needs to buy a return flight ticket. What if he cannot find job in Dubai? will he can be exit from Dubai going back to Philippines? bec. if he use the return flight ticket to oman he might not get to enter the country bec.of the visa cancelled and 2 year ban. Please sir, i really need your advice..thank you

eejyl

Hi eejyl,

Like you have rightly said, once your husband exits on cancelling his employment visa he cannot come back to the Sultanate for a minimum period of 2 years from the date of his exit – unless he has his last employer's NOC.

He cannot also enter Dubai, if his employment visa is cancelled prior to his departure. The ‘visa-on-arrival' facility is extended only if the passport holder carries a valid employment visa of any GCC country, plus a valid return ticket. The destination of departure is not important, as long as there is a ticket for the person to exit Dubai.

So it would be advisable for your husband to book a return ticket to the Philippines and enter Dubai. If he secures a job in Dubai, he can always cancel that return ticket.