Experience letter attestation by foreign affairs

Dear All,

I am a Pakistani and I am offered teaching job here in Oman. My potential employer said me to get my educational and experience certificates attested from Pakistan Ministry of foreign affairs for employment visa. When I go for attestation here in Pak, they attested my educational certificates but they said we did not attest private companies experience letters and they rejected my experience certificates attestation on this basis.
Now my question is for getting employment   visa, is it mandatory that experience certificate need attestation by foreign office ad Oman embassy in respective country.
Please share your experience.

Regards

Hello m07118 and welcome to Expat.com :)

Hope that some members will be able to help you soon.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Hey m07118,

I think the Ministry wouldn't attest a private companies certificate with their seal. Ministry seals are valuable and they authenticate a document and unless it comes from a state / national body, I don't see them authenticating that.

Did you try getting your certificate authenticated from an association of industries or something, maybe your potential employer in Oman could take that for authenticity sake. You could explain to your employer on the situation and direct them to the Industry Association website for clarity.

Cheers,

Rammy

Hello

Well i am working in the university as well and my enployer never ask for such attestion of exp letters.

Firstly your emp not suppose to ask you for that but if they insisting put it on official stamp paper the exact contents of exp letter an send them that letter thats best you can do as no other as per my knowledge