Moving to Beijing soon

Hey guys,

Im Joe, i'm moving to Beijing soon. My better half found a job at an international school and i'm packing my things and coming with.

I do have a few questions and if anyone out there has an answer I would greatly appreciate it.

How do I obtain a work visa? I would like to get one before I get there and I thought it would make things easier if I had one ahead of time.

Anyone know some good job sites? preferably for the creative industry? Im currently in 3D Visualization/Animation.

Thanks for your help, guys and girls!

Joe

Hi Joe,

regarding your visa, have you already contacted your embassy ? They are the only ones to perfectly know the procedures

Hi Joe:
I would be glad to share my experience about work permit working visa in shenzhen city of china ,i think that in beijing will be the similar process way:
1.Get the Empolyment License
2.Get the Z visa invitation letter, Get the Z visa for one month in your own country or finished it in hk.
3.Forigner work permit
40.Forigner residence permit .
For working visa ,have the requirement about your company qualification,and also have some requriement about yourself .Hope that this will be helpful for you.thanks

Julien wrote:

Hi Joe,

regarding your visa, have you already contacted your embassy ? They are the only ones to perfectly know the procedures

Joe hi. sorry but Julien is not correct. Your embassy will not be much help with a question like this. A better answer would have been "contact the Chinese Embassy in your home country" but even that is not normally very helpful.

You cannot get a working visa unless you have a job.

I hope you are legally married to your better half. If yes you can come to China as her dependant (not permitted to work). Look for a job and then apply for your own work visa.

One you find a job and start the visa process you will need original versions of your Uni degree and any other qualifications you may have plus a non-criminal record check.

So bring your degrees with you.

Might be good idea to do the criminal check now but I am not sure how ling it is valid for.