Seeking quiet life in. viet Nam

I heard people prefer Da Nang City or Nha Trang, if you like the beach.

However, you can also think about Da Lat City if you love moutains.

Hàm Tiến,Mũi Né,Phan Thiết.
blue sea, white sand, yellow sun and your love :)

good government, honest lawyer, and quiet life in Vietnam are all good oxymorons

Dalat is nice, but for anyone who's looking for an expat community, Dalat can be boring. (I don't play golf) It is a pretty town, and the people are friendly. And if you like walking, there are some interesting places to see.

Jaitch mentions Pleiku as being beastly and I have to concur. The food was below average, yet we found a very interesting Chinese-themed tea house that was worth a one night visit. The friendliest place in town was a small restaurant and beer hall that was part of a tennis club. I understand they do allow visits out to local Jarai villages now, providing you are with a tour guide. It's largely a government town and very little remains of the Pleiku that existed in the French era. Ban Me Thuot and Kon Tum are definitely more interesting.

Hi
Have just found u
I am retiring with my Vietnamese wife early next year
Any idea about rental houses in your area
Need garden for dogs
Can you help
Roy & Nau

Hi
I am retired from UK living with my Vietnamese wife in Thailand.
We are moving to Vietnam early January.
Can any body recommend a good place to live.
Need to rent a house with a garden for the dogs and ducks
I love boating and fishing so would prefer some where near water,
Can any body help
Roy & Nau

Best thing to do Ray is come here and have a look at a few places,do you want a small coastal town or a bigger place. Try Nha Trang,Vung Tau,Quy Nhon,Phan Thiet, Cam Ranh.

@Mood: Mekong delta should be ok, water, peaceful,

Many thanks
The trouble is we are coming with our dogs
So we need to find a place before we arrive
Would like small coastal area
They say Nha Trang is to touristy
Whats Hoi an like?
Roy

Hoi An is also very touristy,but you can live on the edge of both Nha Trang and Hoi An and not worry about tourists. Maybe try Vung Tau only 2.5 hours from Saigon on the coast, nice small city with a better climate and air quality.

Many thanks
Will check the internet see what I can find
Roy

Moondancer wrote:

I am retiring with my Vietnamese wife early next year; Any idea about rental houses in your area;
Need garden for dogs; Roy & Nau

A retirement search. IMO, needs a few more considerations.

Health: Is your health good or do you need to be near a hospital;
Facilities: Do your retirement activities need supplies, equipment, etc.;
Travel: Will you flying/travelling out of country much;

Of course your biggest benefit is your VietNam-born wife (if she still has citizenship) as she has all the rights to User Certificates, banking, etc.

I live in Buon Ma Thuot - moderate temperatures, pristine air, fresh vegetables, quiet, very 'Vietnamese' (lack of foreign influence), HCM ~ 8 hours;
KonTom: - moderate temperatures, pristine air, fresh vegetables, quiet, very 'Vietnamese' (lack of foreign influence), reminds me of Austria;
Da Lat - tourist, expensive, many hills (and valleys), convenient to Nha Trang (HCM ~ 6 hours), good medical close by, moderate temperatures;
Mekong: - Hot, humid, mosquitoes, good food, up to 6 hours from HCM;
Ha Tien: - Great fishing, lots of land (for houses), fresh sea air, beaches, great food market, about 40,000 people, up to 8 hours from HCM.

Ha Tien is a good choice,but I think your gf will have an influence as to where you live as most like to be near family.

Many thanks
Roy & Nau

Vote for Da Nang. This is a developing city where you can find a peaceful and convenient place to live. It's easy to travel too.