How to overcome many mental obstacles in communication?

I used to be an active girl with many friends and many activities that I felt interested to do. I then changed my job, it made me change my attitude, maybe it is a negative attitude. I don't like this job much but I have to work to earn for my life. Now, I am afraid of making friend with strangers, scaring new challenge. How to overcome it, plz share anything with me, I don't know how to solve it!!!
Be my friend to help me, is anyone ready to support me?

Listen to your soul first, I think. Why have you to change your attitude negatively due to changing your job? If this job put you into the pressure,troubles.. because you feel tired of changing yourself to adapt to surroundings, it will never stay with you in long time. So, it needs a trade-off in any cases, however, you can self-create cheers and happiness if you have always positive thinking about your life. Why don't you share your feelings with your boy-friends, or colleagues in your com. Everything  has the answers to some extent.. will be fine! :)

http://lowres.cartoonstock.com/medical-therapy-denial-mental_illness-psychologists-psychiatrist-mban593_low.jpg Oh No, not another pycho thread, just as well Foreigners are all " experts ".

tks rabbit, I'm trying to take an opportunity, wanna teach English or join dance club to make my life better. I haven't had bf yet, so I 'm finding a person who is suitable to me

I read somewhere, if you want to overcome a sadness, you must face up to it! If you are afraid to make friends with strangers, just make friends as much as you can :D. Many guys here will help you.

BTW, I saw your picture, I think you are my friend ;)!

Your post title: "How to overcome many mental obstacles in communication" is revealing yet you barely describe the challenges in the post.

Part of today's business life is achieving balance. Before the InterNet, if you remember it, work stayed at work and pleasure stayed at home.

With the ubiquitous smart handset, work intrudes every waking, and sometimes sleeping, moment of the day. You can't get away from 'it'. Learn not to answer work related messages or calls outside work hours.

Having a job you don't enjoy is a big downer, too. I have been lucky in getting jobs I enjoyed, makes the day go faster.

Another thing - what is your body language saying about you? On the dating web sites I moderate you see women radiating unhappiness, or signalling 'stay away'. Crossed arms is a 'keep away' sign in all cultures, a look of unhappiness is not a welcoming sign, either.

Often a simple Hi! with a smile is a way to break the ice. People are always interested in talking about themselves and all it takes is a simple question from yourself. Pets are also conversation openers.

' a look of unhappiness is not a welcoming sign,'

Always made me wonder why VN's and Chinese are not allowed to smile on their ID, and Passport photo's.?, Now I know why.

Jaitch wrote:

Learn not to answer work related messages or calls outside work hours.

This is the first my rule for my students. I always said to them: if you need any help, pls ask your friends (in FB's group) first, and if everything can't solve, then send email to me. Don't try to contact me by moblie/text/FB's messeage, I won't reply. But if you feel sad about your study/love/life, you can contact me by whatever you want, I will reply immediately! Because I have more than 400 students/semester, if 1 student has 1 question, how can I spend time for myselft  :o? I don't mind to help, but if it's worth. And they know this rule clearly. They rarely disturb me. That's why I have much time to come here to relax :D.

The first time I saw OP, she wasn't open, didn't smile, a little strict to others :D. But I talked to her much, and she is more friendly ;)

Girl, you are pretty, and have nice smile. Try to smile whenever you can ;)! There are many guys around us, they are very friendly, willing to help, but if you are always not friendly, they don't dare talk to you. After I attended the English class in this year, I knew many people. Once I had a problem with my motorbike, I was trying to overcome the problem, but I couldn't. Suddenly a guy passed over me, and he said: oh Nga, wait, wait, let me help you!

I've just meet this guy some months ago, he and I drank beer with my English teacher. At that time, he said to me: I really want to see you, because many people talk about you, you are the only person who can invite our English teacher drink beer ;)! Just some kind words, but I felt happy haha :P...

bluenz wrote:

Always made me wonder why VN's and Chinese are not allowed to smile on their ID, and Passport photo's.?, Now I know why.

LOL, like your sense of humor though it's slightly ironic :-p

Dear Op,

I think you cant find the answer here cos you really have a clear plan which was mentioned above. The question must be " how can i change my mind to do my plan?".

How do you feel when you meet strangers? Shy? Unconfident about your job? Or worried about how pp judge you?

Scarletvn wrote:
bluenz wrote:

Yes I agree. I tried to smile but cameraman said " pls dont smile". Wonder if there is any rule about it.

This is orchid from my papa's garden. Hope you always "tươi như hoa" :D, don't know how to translate this to English :P.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/91485187/Expat%20Blog%2019-10/11.jpg

Dejavu.dot wrote:
Scarletvn wrote:
bluenz wrote:

Yes I agree. I tried to smile but cameraman said " pls dont smile". Wonder if there is any rule about it.

Govt. is afraid that they won't recognize people's faces since it differs each time you change your face. What if the first time you smile and next time you laugh then next you frown? :-p

Kidding! But it's true that they don't wanna see to many differences of 1 face.:)

Scarletvn wrote:
Dejavu.dot wrote:
Scarletvn wrote:

Govt. is afraid that they won't recognize people's faces since it differs each time you change your face. What if the first time you smile and next time you laugh then next you frown? :-p

Kidding! But it's true that they don't wanna see to many differences of 1 face.:)

That's where Muslims save a lot of money on photo's.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/08/22/article-1208380-061DF627000005DC-178_468x286.jpg

[img align=c]http://bizarrocomics.com/files/2014/01/bz-Burqa-Photo-Op-WEB.jpg  .[/img]

Even a better one

Ha ha ha!!! Sorry OP for this nonsense reply. :)))
I think you only need to make friend with this guy. Reading his replies & giggling helps a lot!

To pretty OP:
If you wanna get out of somewhere and there's a door but you don't use it, ask yourself if you really wanna get out or you're enjoying sitting there. I can see many doors opened to you, just relax, loosen your brain, don't care about anybody, only you, and smile. :) Me? I'm digging a way out my own even there's no door.

Btw, I'm curious why you're afraid of making friend with strangers then you come to a forum full of strangers asking them to be your friend. Hell noooo! Stay out of these ironic smart cold blood men here!!!  :-p (<--- this is a joke for respected men here)

I've encouraged her come here to make friends, online first, offline later (no need if she doesn't want) :D. And because she also wants to teach English, maybe she cand learn something from many English teachers here.

Read this book: "Never eat alone".

"Relationships are all there is. Everything in the universe only exists because it is in relationship to everything else. Nothing exists in isolation. We have to stop pretending we are individuals that can go it alone." –Margaret Wheatley

http://www.amazon.com/Never-Eat-Alone-E … 0385346654

You can find Vietnamese version on Internet :D.

Well, are you leading a balanced life? Laughter, enough sleep, good nutrition? Or have you been running on empty?

http://jamesclear.com/cumulative-stress

Do it playfully, lightheartedly. Some students couldn't speak during a competition in Thailand. It was a terrible experience for them and I wish there had been an opportunity to put them at ease... JUST TALK, stop worrying.

All the best,
Chris

Skype: hs0zfe if any of this isn't clear? (It's 4:55 am and I'm still half asleep)

ngattt wrote:

I read somewhere, if you want to overcome a sadness, you must face up to it! If you are afraid to make friends with strangers, just make friends as much as you can :D. Many guys here will help you.

BTW, I saw your picture, I think you are my friend ;)!

Yeah!!! U r right, I'm the person YOu talked to when we were taking a task like a police last sunday :)) That day made me interested, btw, knowing you is a chance to make my life funnier :)

Jaitch wrote:

Your post title: "How to overcome many mental obstacles in communication" is revealing yet you barely describe the challenges in the post.

Part of today's business life is achieving balance. Before the InterNet, if you remember it, work stayed at work and pleasure stayed at home.

With the ubiquitous smart handset, work intrudes every waking, and sometimes sleeping, moment of the day. You can't get away from 'it'. Learn not to answer work related messages or calls outside work hours.

Having a job you don't enjoy is a big downer, too. I have been lucky in getting jobs I enjoyed, makes the day go faster.

Another thing - what is your body language saying about you? On the dating web sites I moderate you see women radiating unhappiness, or signalling 'stay away'. Crossed arms is a 'keep away' sign in all cultures, a look of unhappiness is not a welcoming sign, either.

Often a simple Hi! with a smile is a way to break the ice. People are always interested in talking about themselves and all it takes is a simple question from yourself. Pets are also conversation openers.

Hi :) tks for ur advice :)

ngattt wrote:

The first time I saw OP, she wasn't open, didn't smile, a little strict to others :D. But I talked to her much, and she is more friendly ;)

Girl, you are pretty, and have nice smile. Try to smile whenever you can ;)! There are many guys around us, they are very friendly, willing to help, but if you are always not friendly, they don't dare talk to you. After I attended the English class in this year, I knew many people. Once I had a problem with my motorbike, I was trying to overcome the problem, but I couldn't. Suddenly a guy passed over me, and he said: oh Nga, wait, wait, let me help you!

I've just meet this guy some months ago, he and I drank beer with my English teacher. At that time, he said to me: I really want to see you, because many people talk about you, you are the only person who can invite our English teacher drink beer ;)! Just some kind words, but I felt happy haha :P...

Oh, your English teacher may be the same person who taught me, his name is Danny, right? He teachs very well, however, I don't get in touch with him :) I learnt in B2 class. it ended, and I couldn't practise speaking anymore

ngattt wrote:

Read this book: "Never eat alone".

"Relationships are all there is. Everything in the universe only exists because it is in relationship to everything else. Nothing exists in isolation. We have to stop pretending we are individuals that can go it alone." –Margaret Wheatley

http://www.amazon.com/Never-Eat-Alone-E … 0385346654

You can find Vietnamese version on Internet :D.

I have already got it with Vietnamese version. It is very necessary for s.o to look for a relationship, specially in doing business. However, I wanna practise more, not reading any more :)

ngattt wrote:

This is orchid from my papa's garden. Hope you always "tươi như hoa" :D, don't know how to translate this to English :P.

[img align=C]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/91485187/Expat%20Blog%2019-10/11.jpg[/url]

I love all kinds of orchids, specially orchids are from the forest. Tks for ur advice

Fairie wrote:

Oh, your English teacher may be the same person who taught me, his name is D, right? He teachs very well, however, I don't get in touch with him :) I learnt in B2 class. it ended, and I couldn't practise speaking anymore

No, not only him. But don't public his name here  :lol:. I don't want he knows that we pay compliment for him, ha ha :D (the another teacher gave me a link to this forum, so I thought they would come here sometimes :D). I  was a "individual" student, because I only "decry" them (not only him), want to make them angry always  :cool:
I still keep in touch, because when someone needs translate something, he needs my help :D.

ngattt wrote:
Fairie wrote:

Oh, your English teacher may be the same person who taught me, his name is D, right? He teachs very well, however, I don't get in touch with him :) I learnt in B2 class. it ended, and I couldn't practise speaking anymore

No, not only him. But don't public his name here  :lol:. I don't want he knows that we pay compliment for him, ha ha :D (the another teacher gave me a link to this forum, so I thought they would come here sometimes :D). I  was a "individual" student, because I only "decry" them (not only him), want to make them angry always  :cool:
I still keep in touch, because when someone needs translate something, he needs my help :D.

The Love boat
welcome to the love boat.
''Ze plane. Ze plane''
''ok Tattoo,I can see it''

@Fairie

Well these are the obstacles which brings best out of you. I go through same phase like you do now. I am gonna posting a link of a website for your inner peace calming your mind and get to concentrate on your life read some topics over there from real people who share their stories how they feel when they face probs. and what they become after facing them. Hope you will be fine and got peace inner side you. Here is the website :  tinybuddha.com

Your well wisher

I think you are brave to leave this job
during the preparation of this you should  save money, look for a new job that suits you more
will be difficult at first, but it will be fine

read this it could be helpful for you:
expatriateconnection.com/expats-loneliness-can-make-sick/       

Good luck

Ranger6 wrote:

read this it could be helpful for you:
expatriateconnection.com/expats-loneliness-can-make-sick/       

Good luck

Thanks for your advice :)

Australian  cannot smile for passport pics either. Why pick on Chinese and Vietnamese..

witty12 wrote:

Australian  cannot smile for passport pics either. Why pick on Chinese and Vietnamese..

I'm thinking the 'passport' comment was intended as 'tongue in cheek' ....

Nobody in any country is allowed to smile in passport photos - or mug shots.

can your job, there are plenty of job available. But it's depend on how your mind think. Your mind is doing something extra now I guess.

One of the main reason for the obstacle in communication, is wavering mind while communicating. This is either due to financial burden or a loss of habit in any form you loved the most. Remember all day work and no play makes jack a dull boy! For three days do not communicate through electronic media especially Face book and Twitter. The mental agony is far more unexplained than any thing else. Seek time for yourself and analyze the problem on a threadbare analysis.

Change in place is one of the best option as well. True to the sayings in the forum, you do have quite a few friends just communicate with us and have a hearty laugh at the end of the day...

Warm Regards
Prof Anoop