Three items!

If you went back home for a few weeks and were on your way back to Kuwait, what "three" items would you want to make sure you brought with you on your return?  (legal...lol, that could be brought back in a suitcase)  Things that you may not be able to easily get in Kuwait (or too pricy)... that you missed while you were there!   :D

(I'm coming back from the US... ...I'm bringing back bacon fat to use in my cooking ... I "might" get it through the airport!  lol)

Well depends on your lifestyle.  For instance, I like natural toothpaste.  But u can't being that in your carry on.  I also like organic chicken & beef.  We freeze the heck out of if & wrapt in tinfoil & plastic.  And of course we like wine but that's not gonna happen....:(

I love German gingerbreads, need to remember to get them back next time. They're almost impossible to find here. I've seen a Czech or Slovak variety in Yarmouk once but they're not there any more. It was my only craving when pregnant. Othewise, what I'd like to bring is not on the 'legal' list.  :nothappy:

Speaking of bacon, has anyone had the "turkey slices" or similar? I saw them today in Lulu Hyper but hesitated. There was also "veal breakfast slice" but I wasn't sure about it either. What do they taste like???  :blink:

@annap: the turkey and beef slices taste like... nothing lol probably doesn't help that it's been frozen. Not worth it IMO.

@Enigmausly: any organic goods since they tend to be triple the price, supplements and vitamins, everyday products that you can't find in Kuwait for me it's shampoo, beauty products, face wash, etc. because i'm picky, real Sriracha and other random grocery products that I can't buy here. Good luck smuggling in the bacon fat  :D

The veal slices are okay..It is made to taste like bacon.

The turkey slices we get in the U.K. They are not so good as the veal but edible.

Lulus is okay but more expensive than The City Center

The Sultan Center does the best meat. Well I think it does.

Hope this helps.

@tinataitlyn and @Tootsie57, thanks to you both. That's valuable information.  :D

Handcrafted soap. Theres a local spot back in Virginia that has some awesome soap that keeps my skin decent out here. Never had skins issues until my second time out here. Kuwaiti crud, bleh. Anyways, my skin started flaking and the soap keeps me moisturized? I don't know, it works, I use it, no issues.

@midnightparley: it may not be handcrafted but the hand soap that William Sonoma sells is amazing! It's expensive but smells good (not too artificial) and will keep your hands moisturized!

@tinataitlyn Thanks for the heads up! I wonder if they have a goats milk bar...

@midnightparley: Goat milk eh? Maybe you'll want to skip William Sonoma and head to L'occitane instead. They don't have goat milk but they do have soap made of milk and their stuff is also heavenly. Good luck!

Lol. Williams Sonoma was pretty much at the top of my "I can't believe I'm spending this much on soap" budget. The other place sounds even more expensive. I might just need to find a goat...

BTW, have you guys heard about a farm near the Saudi border owned by the TSC sultan? Its supposed to be a really great experience.

lol. I am glad I like Dove, they're every where and I don't even have to check their price!

@MidnightParly:  I've heard about TSC's farm I believe it's in Wafra (Southern Boarder with KSA) although I am not sure if it's open for public visits or not. Some of my colleagues had a business related tour there at least a year ago, will try to dig out some more info about and let you know.

@ahmad I use Old Spice when I'm lazy.

I found it! Its Yasmin Farms. If anyone wants to make a Friday trip let me know. Looks really interesting if youre into that sort of thing or tired of going to the mall every weekend.