About to shift oman

Hi All Expat Members,

I'm new to this forum, coz i got an offer in oman,i have bundle of clarification, most of it were solved due to the earlier post here only.. thanks for that, especially to Mr. Sumitran.
I need some more clarification,
(1) i got an offer all inclusive 1500 OMR(i'm 7.5yrs exp process engineer), Is it is competitive package?
(2) I planned to shift my family(wife and kid) to oman,my new company HR is saying it will be done once you join,but how long???, i read in some post here, it can be intiated after 6 months employement only,what is the recent resident visa regulation in this aspect. please share your views and experience.

Kindly let me know

Yes it is a decent package.  I know some of my colleagues with family and earn around that amount and they don't seem to complain

eshanchar wrote:

Hi All Expat Members,

I'm new to this forum, coz i got an offer in oman,i have bundle of clarification, most of it were solved due to the earlier post here only.. thanks for that, especially to Mr. Sumitran.
I need some more clarification,
(1) i got an offer all inclusive 1500 OMR(i'm 7.5yrs exp process engineer), Is it is competitive package?
That's a good package
(2) I planned to shift my family(wife and kid) to oman,my new company HR is saying it will be done once you join,but how long???, i read in some post here, it can be intiated after 6 months employement only,what is the recent resident visa regulation in this aspect. please share your views and experience.
This is what I've heard, only after 6 months your family can join you
Kindly let me know

Hi eshanchar,

The package offered seems reasonable. But can't classify it as excellent.

Make sure you are fully aware of the company you intend to join. Because after joining, you cannot shift jobs internally within Oman, nor can you choose to go back. Well you can. But if you do, you cannot re-enter for a period of 2 years from the time of your exit.

So as far as accepting the job is concerned, you are left with no option but to continue with your employer - irrespective of whether you like it or not.

Your wife and child can join you only after you complete 6 months of continuous employment here. Not earlier.

Good luck.

Hi Sumitran, Hexebella, Nabors11 and others,

Thank you all for your prompt reply.
May God bless you all.
just an update on my scenario, I negotiated with hr and end up with additional 100 OMR and regarding the dependent visa, I got a reply from HR stating " there is no written rule in dependent visa stating 6 months completion of employment, but sometimes ROP rejects,even in this case our company PRO convince and get the visa"
since my prospective employer is oman based, hoping positively.
Please share your views.
Looking forward your reply to take final decision.

Sumitran wrote:

Hi eshanchar,

The package offered seems reasonable. But can't classify it as excellent.

Make sure you are fully aware of the company you intend to join. Because after joining, you cannot shift jobs internally within Oman, nor can you choose to go back. Well you can. But if you do, you cannot re-enter for a period of 2 years from the time of your exit.

So as far as accepting the job is concerned, you are left with no option but to continue with your employer - irrespective of whether you like it or not.

Your wife and child can join you only after you complete 6 months of continuous employment here. Not earlier.

Good luck.

Hi Sumitran sir,

I need your assitance once again.

Now i have done with medical and the orginal has reached my prospective employer, i was told by HR, they will get me a visa in available job clearance, upon arrival they will change it to the post which is offered in my offer.At that time i have to be with attested certifcates. now i have some questions.
Is it okay to go with??,
Will it any means affect getting my family visa in downcome?
How long it would take for visa processing,if clearance was already made?
What kind of visa(employment,express,visit visa,...) i will be getting from the company, since i have given orginal medical report,copy of degree certificate & passport and photos.

Please also read my earlier post(update on salary package & family status) on the same topic which is one scroll above.

Kindly share your view and it would be great beneficial to me..

Hi eshanchar,

Find my comments against your queries :

Now i have done with medical and the orginal has reached my prospective employer, i was told by HR, they will get me a visa in available job clearance, upon arrival they will change it to the post which is offered in my offer.At that time i have to be with attested certifcates. now i have some questions.
Is it okay to go with??,  - It is very dicey. More often than not, the job clearance would be for a lesser designation. If that is the case then you might face issues if you are planning to visit Dubai / cross the border to the UAE, etc. So ask your employer if the designation mentioned in the official documents would be on par with yours. I know of cases where the resident card would mention ones designation as a carpenter or an electrician, while the person would actually be a mid-level manager ! The employer's promise of changing it later cannot be taken seriously.
Will it any means affect getting my family visa in downcome? - It will for sure, if your resident card and other official documents carry a lower designation which does not entitle the holder to many perks like family joining and such.
How long it would take for visa processing,if clearance was already made? - Just a matter of a few days. Maximum a week's time.
What kind of visa(employment,express,visit visa,...) i will be getting from the company, since i have given orginal medical report,copy of degree certificate & passport and photos. - It would most probably be a proper employment visa, since the company has certain clearance available. Usng that they will get you onboard.

Please also read my earlier post(update on salary package & family status) on the same topic which is one scroll above. - Like I mentioned earlier, the package offered is reasonable, given your family's size.

Kindly share your view and it would be great beneficial to me.

Good luck !

Hi, I have also seen all of the clear comments about having to way six months for family to join.  However, my company expects me to move to Oman with my family at the same time.  If they do not come with me, they must come within first three months.  This seems to contradict the six month wait, unless I am missing something (very likely).

Thanks,

yes
that pakage ok nice only you can join
family visa after you join then they can apply
if you are Engineer u can get sooner family visa
after you join here after your resident card make then they can apply direct for your family visa
if you and BE Engineer its easy to get
ok
thanks

eshanchar wrote:

Hi Sumitran, Hexebella, Nabors11 and others,

Thank you all for your prompt reply.
May God bless you all.
just an update on my scenario, I negotiated with hr and end up with additional 100 OMR and regarding the dependent visa, I got a reply from HR stating " there is no written rule in dependent visa stating 6 months completion of employment, but sometimes ROP rejects,even in this case our company PRO convince and get the visa"
since my prospective employer is oman based, hoping positively.
Please share your views.
Looking forward your reply to take final decision.

Dear Eshanchar,
I must intervein in here as I really missed this threat. Please note that if you are being hired in any contracting / consulting company, that is directly linked with PDO/Oxy or BP, the offered salary is less. Please note that a package of OMR 2.4K (Plus the benefits) generally gets approved from the "Companies" to hire people at consultant side. It also depends upon the organization for which you've been offered a job. Nevertheless, indeed there are contractors / consultants who pay lesser (Or much lesser) than what they actually suppose to offer. Anyway, this information is just for your reference. However, in general, the offered amount suffice the needs to lead a good life at Oman.

Secondly, in general, a person can't bring the family before the 6 months of tenure, however, acceptional cases are indeed around and i know people who brought their families within a month's time.

Best of luck and revert incase of any query.

Hi Eschancar,

Schaz is right, there are exceptional cases in Oman,  I myself experienced it recently when I moved to another employer,  it depends on how the PRO presents the scenario in the ROP.  So take the offer and aim for your goal aggressively.

Hi All Expat Members,

Thank you all for your guidance through reply  to my post.

I have  accepted the offer and Looking forward.

Will revert for sure if any guidance is required.

:)

Hi I got a job offer from Oman with salary of 750 R.O (without accommodation) + 155 R.O for Vehicle transportation allowance upon obtaining a valid Oman driving licence & procuring a vehicle) it is sufficient? I have a family of 04 ( myself, wife, my mother & 05 years old daughter)

My all documents including medical report reach in Oman so from now how much time it will require to get employment visa?

Hi,
Regarding your Salary it is Ok for your experience.
Regarding Shifting of family, if you are in Engineer Visa, i dont think so it will take 6 months to bring the Family, but it depends upon your PRO and your follow up.
Oman is a good place to be with your family.

Cheers,
Radjesh

Hi all Expat members,

i need your guidance again.

I'm about to get visa for the job offered.

Now i have one question, through reference my resume is selected for another job opening (better than the current offer, i can say in terms of carrier growth,company and package) which i applied few months back and the interview will be scheduled soon, though professional ethics i should not opt for this.

Just i want to know, as my visa is being ready in one company with available labour clerance job post not for the actual, shall i apply/accept another offer..some of my friends are saying, if you get multiple visa at the same time,as per law, your passport number will be blocked and entering into the oman is prohibited, is it like that?? Kindly advice.

Looking forward the reply from Sumitran/schaz/hexebella/omanreal/radjeshbabu and others too to decide upon.

If the first company has already applied for your employment visa the second company can't get you tge visa anymore but if not, the second company can get your employment visa. Just ensure that the first company has not yet forwarded your papers to the ROP/immigration.

I agree with Hexebella, if your first company is processing your Visa and your originals are with them, if your visa is stamped then there is no chance of going to another company. There is ban for 2 years. Even if your visa is also not stamped your first Company will not just leave you to go for another Visa.
But if you want you can make a try with first company, but dont spoil your name before joining the company.

Hi hexebella/radjeshbabu,
thanks for your immediate response,
For better clarity,my scenario is I didnt send any originals including passport, engg certificates..for employment visa, even my prospective employer have applied only visa in lower designation, I was told, upon arrival they will change to engineer visa..
please advise, in this case also its not possible to go with second option.even the visa is not gonna stamped till arrival.

Pls advice, looking forward.

eshanchar wrote:

Hi hexebella/radjeshbabu,
thanks for your immediate response,
For better clarity,my scenario is I didnt send any originals including passport, engg certificates..for employment visa, even my prospective employer have applied only visa in lower designation, I was told, upon arrival they will change to engineer visa..
please advise, in this case also its not possible to go with second option.even the visa is not gonna stamped till arrival.

Pls advice, looking forward.

They don't need the original passport to apply your visa and it doesn't need to be stamped on your passport, once it's entered in the system it's done....best thing for you if you get the job from the second company, tell them your situation and let their PRO check in the ROP if there is anything applied in your name. But in that case, you need to hold on to the first company until it is 100% sure that nothing was applied under your name.