Organize an Expat blog meet-up!

Hi all,

Should you want to organize a gathering with the other members, in your town, we would be pleased to help :).

It is indeed a great way to meet new people, isn't it?

If you would like to plan a get-together, do not hesitate to contact me, or post a message on this thread: we will do our best to inform the other members in your town and to make your meet-up a success!

Have a nice day,

Julien

Hi we did it two years ago but as always happens people then meet up of forum.

There are two major expat meetups in kl and about three events a week now. Via the other sites that cannot be named here. from booze ups to dinners, trips to sites, activities like hiking/making chocolate and sports. Why yet another event?

Hi Nemodot,

And why not?
We are trying to do our part ;)

Regards
Armand
Expat.com Team

Sounds interesting !

[Moderated: Off topic]

That sounds like a great idea!

Good idea :)

Hi everybody,

This is nice to see that most of you agree with the idea of organizing a meet-up ! :D

Maybe you can start by giving some suggestions about the date, time and location in order to make this event happen.  What do you think? :idontagree:
Who will start first?

Thank you all

Priscilla  :cheers:

That's a great idea! How about this week Saturday afternoon at bangsar village?

Hi Caleybdb that sounds good please let us know the location and time

We had a short coffee meet up today(Monday) with Caley and Parisa at Starbucks, Bangsar Village. It turns out well and maybe we should have another coffee meet up again sometime next week? :)

I do find expatblog useful and met some friends in Bangkok through the platform... and im willing to return the favour for the community by taking part or at least turning up in such meets!

Lemme know if anything comes up .. currently im in Kuala Lumpur.. cheers!!

Regs
Jake

sounds great! Love to be a part of it.

Patricia

Sounds great too, will love to join all you guys !!!!

[Moderated: post an advert in the Personal and household services jobs in Malaysia section pls]

nic3....

Interested to join!

any news about this idea

Hi Guys,

Members of Expat.com are always excited about meet ups but the only problem is there is a lack of some one who can take the initiative to arrange the meet up. When ever we have a expat meet up in Mauritius we have more than 100 expats and locals who enjoy the meet.

I suggest that someone take the initiative to arrange the meet. I will be in Kuala Lumpur from 6-8 Sep on business and would love to join you guys if there is a meet up during those days.

Cheers
Terence

Hi all
I really love to meet people here. I am working in KL since 2 yrs back and I have no single friend. Anyone near klcc area is interested ?

Thanks

I joined another expat board in KL in 2004 and that time there were tons of expats who regularly had large meetups. I never went to any myself but they were very popular. In time the herds grew thinner as expats didnt come much to Malaysia to work anymore and now its harder to organize and do them. That time, there was at least one highly motivated extrovert to organize meets and thats what it takes. If you are such a person, just make a plan and announce it and the herd, if any, will follow.

Hi Guys,
I will be in KUL from 6-8 Sep to attend the MATTA travel exibition. I can attend any Expat gathering during those days. I heard that hard rock cafe is a good place to hang out. I am open to any other place as long as it is in the city area.

Cheers

Hi..

Sorry.I am new user.

Where you from? Are you from Travel agency ? Which one and where? Lets see ..maybe we can work together.

Thank you
S.Ireinjoynaa

Hi
You can contact me on 0146724681
Terence

TX sir

Any news and/or updates about this great plan on Expat.com meet-up? Looking forward to it...

Until now I fining job...nothing was reaply....

My name is Mark and I am looking for friends in Seremban, Please get back to me . Thank you !

Hi Julien,

Came across of your expat profile and i recently moved to Seremban. basically looking for friends to talk and learn. please get back to me. Thank you !

Any gathering ? :D

Hi, i,m from philippines i so happy for bieng a member of Expat.com f there is some member can visit bicol philippines, contact me theres a lot of beutiful places here to be visited  thank you sir julien for creating this very nice site ide really love, i gain more friends . ..

Julien wrote:

Hi all,

Should you want to organize a gathering with the other members, in your town, we would be pleased to help :).

It is indeed a great way to meet new people, isn't it?

If you would like to plan a get-together, do not hesitate to contact me, or post a message on this thread: we will do our best to inform the other members in your town and to make your meet-up a success!

Have a nice day,

Julien

Thanks

sure,it is so wonderful idea.thank you very much .

Any get together parties on this New Year s Eve?? :)

It must be great!

wheres the meet up??? Happy new year to all.. cheers to 2015...

Happy New Year!  :)

[moderated: no free ads please]

Will be arriving the country in a month time and would love to meet some expats!