Cost of living in dammam

hi all,
i am shekhar from india.i got an offer for 5500 sar+1350 hra+travelling allowance+insurance.is this offer ok?i am considering of bringing my family consisting of wife and kid of 3 yrs old to dammam after some time.we believe in saving and believe in simple living and not lavish lifestyle.please advise.i appreciate your feedback in this regard.
thanks and regards

Go through the forum, Millions of topics have been discussed on this subject. Good Luck !!

what is you Job??
How old are you??
How many years of experience you have???

Anopes79 Yesterday 23:10:55
what is you Job??
How old are you??
How many years of experience you have???

I have got an offer of sales Engineer , I am 32 yrs old and have 5 yrs of experience in sales and marketing.Please advice

Its a reasonable salary package in Saudi Arabia. As you said you would prefer simple living with Family (Wife & 3yr old child) which will cost you around 3000 to 4000 SR based on standard living conditions. You will be having a tight situation if you are thinking to save half of your salary.

thanx syed for the feedback...... :thanks: 

My wife is professional teacher.Can she teach in any of the Indian School so that she can also contribute ?.

Also aren't there any increments annually , so that after some time at least we can save something.

i will appreciate your help in this regard.

Your Welcome!

Its a good thing that your wife is also willing to contribute, there are many Indian schools in Dammam, But opportunity for women are limited here but still she can give a try.

Yeah! there is increment annually, But it depends on Company like MNC / International or Local Company with good reputation in some cases its also depends on Employer/Company's management(Arab/American/European).

According to my experience, 5% to 10% of your Basic salary may increase. In some company they also offer annual Bonus,

Note:
By the way there are some companies, neither any increment nor bonus. Even salary is delayed.