MOVING TO ISLAMABAD

Hi guys, My name is Maureen, Kenyan living in Canada. I'm moving to Islamabad to join my husband who has been there for 2 months now. Any lady foreigners here who can share tips on dress code, things to do or anything I need to know before I move? Looking to make friends living around F7 :))

Habari Maureen,mimi pia ni mkenya,na niko Islamabad! Hope you understand swahili lol, no strict dresscode around just anything decent works.

Welcome to Islamabad. And you can wear almost anything you like in islamabad. Their are no restrictions. Its a peaceful city. let us know if you need any information or help. will be glad to help you out. :)

hello

how are you ?

i am zeeshan from islamabad , lived in f-8..

you need any information , i am available to give all guideness to you.. i am happy to entertain you..

Hi Maureen! I`m Tania. I lived in Islamabad for a few time but again will move there for the same reason as you are. People are going in national clothes there are mostly, but there is no problem to use your usual clothes. Just cover your hands and not open skin of legs. I used there my jeans and skirts and felt comfortable. And will use them all again. Buying goods from here as there are two shops with European clothes and less choice. I will be so happy to be friends with you here and in life :) If there are any questions, ask. Because as I see, here are boys are mostly answering and want friendship, as they didn`t see you are married girl ;) So nice to know one expat + is there :)

Maureeninislamabad wrote:

Hi guys, My name is Maureen, Kenyan living in Canada. I'm moving to Islamabad to join my husband who has been there for 2 months now. Any lady foreigners here who can share tips on dress code, things to do or anything I need to know before I move? Looking to make friends living around F7 :))

all man are free to be friends with any girl women in pakistan dont you worry about that

Wallnut wrote:

Hi Maureen! I`m Tania. I lived in Islamabad for a few time but again will move there for the same reason as you are. People are going in national clothes there are mostly, but there is no problem to use your usual clothes. Just cover your hands and not open skin of legs. I used there my jeans and skirts and felt comfortable. And will use them all again. Buying goods from here as there are two shops with European clothes and less choice. I will be so happy to be friends with you here and in life :) If there are any questions, ask. Because as I see, here are boys are mostly answering and want friendship, as they didn`t see you are married girl ;) So nice to know one expat + is there :)

i think you put your self in a big problem

[moderated: no ads on the forum please]