Animal and human rights Vietnam

Does anyone know of any animal rights program or organization. We have met a vietnamese man who we thought was a nice guy with a loving dog. But it has turned out he is a complete tyrant and inhuman person. We have dealt with him for some weeks now, and we try to take his dog to dog sit while he works, because dog is being beatin almost every day by him. Whether its his hand. A plastic bottle, broom stick, an aresol can. We had picked her up one night and her nose was completely swollen, her head was swollen, she peed blood! Just rediculous and disturbing, I know in vietnam dogs are not looked upon as worth anything. As a foreigner I do not know if anything of this sort exist, I have pictures, audio, and videos of him doing the act, maybe him harming the dog won't get him in trouble but he also beats his girlfriend we have photos of her bruises we have whitnessed  him hitting her. He is also a user of Meth amphetmine and or smokes ice. he is very moody and we dont know what will set him off and basiclly take it out on the dog and his girlfriend. We are just stuck on what to do, we cannot take it anymore if anyone has any ideas or knows of such organization it would be appreciated thank you.

There doesn't appear to be an organisation for cruelty to children, let alone animals, in VN.

I should get a VNese friend to take you to visit with the Cong An (not the local store front operation) and explain the situation.

If nothing else, they will be interested in the drug aspect of the matter and if they deal with that, possibly they will solve the assaults on the GF as well as the dog.

You could always simply 'kidnap' (adopt) the dog and say he gave it to you when he was in a drug-induced state.

" I know in vietnam dogs are not looked upon as worth anything "

Oh yes, they are, up to 100VND a kg,  please take this dog , next thing he will do is to sell it to support his habit.

bluenz wrote:

" I know in vietnam dogs are not looked upon as worth anything

;

Very true!
There's a eat meat shop just beside my place..

I agree. Take the dog from this deadbeat pathetic loser. The poor dog deserves a better owner.

Seath,

There are a few great organizations out of Saigon that help abused and abandoned animals. I'm not sure that they would just show up at this guy's house and take his dog, but at the very least you could send them a message to see what they can do. It doesn't hurt to try and I'm sure they have dealt with or handled a situation similar to yours millions of times.

Here are the links:

http://www.arcpets.com/http://www.vietnamanimalscruelty.com/

Hope that helps

JVo18 wrote:

Seath,

There are a few great organizations out of Saigon that help abused and abandoned animals. I'm not sure that they would just show up at this guy's house and take his dog, but at the very least you could send them a message to see what they can do. It doesn't hurt to try and I'm sure they have dealt with or handled a situation similar to yours millions of times.

Here are the links:

http://www.arcpets.com/http://www.vietnamanimalscruelty.com/

Hope that helps

I think the wife is the one who really needs the help???? The dog could run away, but I doubt if the wife would get far, this type of scum is a controller, probably controls her family as well.

Thank you for the responses and the links you gave me. I will do what I can to rescue this dog but it is not easy. We have her today, picked her up last night, she is limping her left arm and paw are swollen.

It's incredibly sad because we cannot do anything, at least when we take her for a couple days she can get sleep, and heal.
The father bitched at us yesterday and told us whenever we take the dog, we feed her rich food and she go home and not eat, and when she with you she come home and look like she want to go out, but she just want to play and bother me when I sleep. This guy is fucking annoying.

Oh and let me add, he got another dog maybe 5-6 days ago, 6 months old, the dog died yesterday. He told us the dog was stolen from him but his girlfriend told us, literally beat the dog till death.

Seath forder wrote:

Thank you for the responses and the links you gave me. I will do what I can to rescue this dog but it is not easy. We have her today, picked her up last night, she is limping her left arm and paw are swollen.

It's incredibly sad because we cannot do anything, at least when we take her for a couple days she can get sleep, and heal.
The father bitched at us yesterday and told us whenever we take the dog, we feed her rich food and she go home and not eat, and when she with you she come home and look like she want to go out, but she just want to play and bother me when I sleep. This guy is fucking annoying.

Oh and let me add, he got another dog maybe 5-6 days ago, 6 months old, the dog died yesterday. He told us the dog was stolen from him but his girlfriend told us, literally beat the dog till death.

I'd really like to see this prick locked up in a cage with 20 starving, rabid dogs. Gutless barstard who can only pick on woman and defenceless pups, I'll bet if you fronted him, he would cower away, they usually do, ( I know what I would have done by now, but I would have to revert to cowardly tactic's like his, to get away with it ).