How to approach an unknown student?

Hi every one

I am very new to Dubai, and new to this forum

there is an issue that annoy me, since I join the college in dubai

almost all of the students in our college is Indians..I am so intrested to have different freinds, from many countries and nationalities...so I am very disppointed to find that our college here in dubai does not offer that

any way, I will go with my issue here..there is one guy who is not indian, I was thinking before he is filipino

I accidently almost every day saw him since one month(and not sure if he realize me), and before two week, I discover that he stay outside the university hostel, as I saw him waiting the bus, I decide to try to talk to him, I ask him where is the currency exchange office? he just moved his head quickly (seems unfriendly) to mean he don't know, and from his way, he seems to me to be Chinese, any way, later I discover there is no exchange office

I want to know, what is the best way to getting to know him, or having small conversation?

usually, I saw him in either ground floor, or outside university building(because he study in a different floor of mine)

is it asking about direction, or asking directly about him, for example, like what is his major, is better? I am not sure, and some time I said just forget about it...but feel hard that all my friend and aquintances will be indians all the time!!!!

what is your suggestions?

Thanks...sorry for going long

jst ddon't be nervous,but don't be so pushy,in his space,see if you have any common ground,same interests etc,if he brushes you off again don't keep insisting,move on he's definitely not worth your time.

obrigado

might as well befriend with the indians,.. who knows.. you may get lucky that he is friends with them =p
like kb55 says.. don't be so pushy.. coz if you do.. he might think you are stalking him.

kb55 wrote:

jst ddon't be nervous,but don't be so pushy,in his space,see if you have any common ground,same interests etc,if he brushes you off again don't keep insisting,move on he's definitely not worth your time.

obrigado

Thanks for your advice

I know that finding common interests is important...but I need first, a good conversation to begin with, and then I will know what is his interests

drizarra wrote:

might as well befriend with the indians,.. who knows.. you may get lucky that he is friends with them =p
like kb55 says.. don't be so pushy.. coz if you do.. he might think you are stalking him.

its of course he befriend indians..thats not the case....since all of the college is

Anymore suggestion?

Some people are just like that. You may find it tough to initiate a conversation with them. But, once he/she starts talking, you may see that he would have a lot of things to share.
He may be just shy or an avid thinker, as people who think deeply don't like to be disturbed when they are deeply immersed in thoughts.
Just try to know if you have got something in common with him. Observe him and his actions closely. Sure enough, you will get something to start a conversation with him.
Pass him a sincere smile whenever he sees you. It may appear as weird and rude to you when he doesn't smile back. Smile is something one will find tough to respond to. When you do smile at him regularly, and if he's worth talking to, he will have no other option than to smile back at you.
If he does smile back, wish him a "good morning". if you're standing somewhere close to him.
But as kb55 said, don't just get so pushy.

nabbu27 wrote:

Some people are just like that. You may find it tough to initiate a conversation with them. But, once he/she starts talking, you may see that he would have a lot of things to share.
He may be just shy or an avid thinker, as people who think deeply don't like to be disturbed when they are deeply immersed in thoughts.
Just try to know if you have got something in common with him. Observe him and his actions closely. Sure enough, you will get something to start a conversation with him.
Pass him a sincere smile whenever he sees you. It may appear as weird and rude to you when he doesn't smile back. Smile is something one will find tough to respond to. When you do smile at him regularly, and if he's worth talking to, he will have no other option than to smile back at you.
If he does smile back, wish him a "good morning". if you're standing somewhere close to him.
But as kb55 said, don't just get so pushy.

Thanks for your suggestion

I will try smile..though it seems weird as you said..but its good way to test the water..if he worth talking to, he will smile back at least..if not...then just move on

leave him and find other friends even online you can find.here is my [email protected]

Hello,

To make enough friends you need to do something which can compel others students to come to you not you go to them.

Do something different to attract others.

I will suggest you to register  yourself at soupforbrain.com make a small group of friends and go for training mentioned on that site. This way you will be center of attraction and will have lots of friends.

Thanks