Having a career in malta?

do people leave malta in general to pursue their careers? is it seen as a place where its hard to move forward in ones career? what backgrounds are most in demand there?

anyone :)

I only point out the obvious:

Malta is a small place and therefore its market is small. By inference the opportunities open are limited.
I would say most people come to live in Malta to enjoy the weather and a more relaxed lifestyle. They leave Malta for variety of reasons including career advancement.

If I was for instance a stone mason, a boat dealer, an online gambler or worked in online gaming industry, I would say coming to Malta is a career advancement move.

yes,many igaming companies in Malta.

How about i.t ?

maxhasmillions wrote:

hmmmm.... interfering is the right word wanting a career move from the channel isles and i thought women were professional here as the maltese women who was dealing with me... and only to realise they keep everything old ways here.. if she is as business as she thinks she is well i am being owed money for all the interference she caused during my husbands absence of the islands... as i need work these days nothing has got better..  only a lot of women shouting their heads off for no aparent reason... hmmmm very false advertisements............

Does anyone know what this person is on about?

Terry

No !

Maybe something starting with a T .....? Or on the wrong forum ?

Cheers
Ricky

useful advice there!!

I was asking myself the same question and decided

1. They had something to take off their chest, perhaps sending a message to someone close

2. They lost their way; ended up here by fate, negligence or ignorance

tearnet wrote:
maxhasmillions wrote:

hmmmm.... interfering is the right word wanting a career move from the channel isles and i thought women were professional here as the maltese women who was dealing with me... and only to realise they keep everything old ways here.. if she is as business as she thinks she is well i am being owed money for all the interference she caused during my husbands absence of the islands... as i need work these days nothing has got better..  only a lot of women shouting their heads off for no aparent reason... hmmmm very false advertisements............

Does anyone know what this person is on about?

Terry

No and I guess we never will. More to the point does she.... :unsure

dingdangdoo wrote:

do people leave malta in general to pursue their careers? is it seen as a place where its hard to move forward in ones career? what backgrounds are most in demand there?

Adding to my earlier assertion:

I don't think pursuing their career is a major reason for people leaving Malta: the person coming to live in Malta in the first place is not likely to be career minded other than those I mentioned above and one or two more that I didn't.
The main reasons in my opinion: not finding work and running out of funds, health deterioration, change in family circumstances here or back home

Yes, I think advancing career is not at all easy here. you will always be in direct competition with the local workforce who has all the family support, connections, contacts and the local lingo amongst other advantages.

As i thought, thanks :-)