Socializing in Ahmedabad

Hi everyone, my fiancé and I have been living in AMD for a while now and are planning to stay for another few years. We would both like to meet other expats and locals that are interested in sharing advice on shopping, social events, and general entertainment tips.

We live a little outside of city centre (near Shilaj) but are willing to travel to meet new friends. We are both very social people, and really miss interacting with others on a regular basis. I'm Canadian and he's Norwegian by the way. I'm really looking forward to some response via this forum.

Hi im filipina from rajkot

Hey, I live I'm the UK but come there quite often. There are some great places to eat, especially ones that won't give you an upset tummy ;) we love Yanki Sizzler, have you tried it? Another few great places to eat are Mirch Masala, Honest, Sankalp( South Indian), the spring roles at Yanki Sizzler are awesome and the biscuit Pizza at Honest is delish! Not sure if you've been to Mac D's? Well it's with an Indian twist, the spicy egg Mc Muffin and Paneer wrap taste awesome. I've heard that there are some cool hang outs near the IIT University, I'd look those up as you may meet more like minded people. Anyway if I'm over I'll send you a message, maybe we can meet for coffee? Hope it all goes well. x Kirtika.

welcome to Ahmedabad,

I am local here, interested in discussions regarding cultures, philosophy, fond of travelling, reading, movies, music.
let me know if you want to catch up.

Hi there.

Let me know more in particular what u would like to explore in ahmedabad.

____

Kay

Any filipinos and filipinas in ahmedabad and rajkot??? Thanks:))))

I have a philipina friend who would be moving to ahmedabad soon...by end of september...I'll let her know that there are more people from phillipines in ahmedabad.

I have a philipina friend who would be moving to ahmedabad soon...by end of september...I'll let her know that there are more people from phillipines in ahmedabad.

Hi!!! I'm Judit from Barcelona, Spain. I have just arrived to Ahmedabad and I would love to visit the city and meet new people. Is somebody else in the same situation as me?

Bests,

Judit

Hi Panos!!

I'm teaching as well, but at Riverside School. :)

Maths!

Yes!! :)

Hi Everyone,
I am now living in Ahmedabad. I lived for a very long time in USA.
I would love to meet and connect with others. I almost feel like I am a local here now.

Feel free to connect with me.

Regards,
Kumar

Guys, How about a meetup if you all are interested?

hello

We are also from Leicester and planning to move the AMD December this year. Seen that you have been a number of times and wanted first hand advice as we have three small children.!
any advice and tips would be great

aman

Hi there we are from the UK and moving to AMD, any advise would be good

its nice that you know these many places in AMD... try other places like Gujarat University area and IIM ROAD... you will get many options for food.. hygienic and delicious

if u need any help please feel free to text

Judit.llavina wrote:

Hi!!! I'm Judit from Barcelona, Spain. I have just arrived to Ahmedabad and I would love to visit the city and meet new people. Is somebody else in the same situation as me?

Bests,

Judit

its a nice city
im sure you would enjoy here

Amankaur wrote:

hello

We are also from Leicester and planning to move the AMD December this year. Seen that you have been a number of times and wanted first hand advice as we have three small children.!
any advice and tips would be great

aman

i dont think u will find any pinoy here
atleast not in Gujarat Region.... magsaya dito

karling wrote:

Any filipinos and filipinas in ahmedabad and rajkot??? Thanks:))))

HI,

Nice to know that you will be staying for few more years. ;-) Enjoy it

I am a filipina from Gujarat, Ahmedabad

(Moderated: no free ads on the forum pls + register in the business directory)

Hi everybody!
I'm Marc from Barcelona. I'm going to stay in AMD a few months for work and i don't know anybody in town. Anybody can show me the city and join for a beer or whatever? Just landed today and looking after doing something by the weekend.
Thank you!!

Hi Marc,
I will be happy to join you and anyone else who might be interested.
My number is 97234 63400. Feel free to call or share your number in here.

Looking forward to meeting you guys.

~Kumar

Hello Marcse & Lhexie I'm from Ahmedabad.
Would love to meet you guyzz..

Hi everyone. I am from London, England and have recently arrived in Ahmedabad. It would be great to be able to connect with fellow Europeans and expats to hang out and share stories and experiences.

Hello Everyone,
There will be a kite flying festival in Ahmedabad on 11-12th Jan and there will be many foreigners over ther so would like to meet if anyone is interested for the festival..

Develop a network of friends and talk to your neighbor to ensure that you do not live a secluded life. Go for regular walks in groups and socialize.

Hi
I m tejas from Ahmedabad. I m HR executive in zyus Cadila pharmaceutical I would like to meet new people for my city. That's reason to I would like to meet u. So u can contact me or mail me.

[Moderated by EB Team: For security reasons please do not give over personal contact infos on the forum ]

I m waiting for your prospective reply.

One of my expat friend is planning to Visit AMD next month, from USA, If you are still in here, can contact. We are planning expat meet if possible.

I m also live in in Ahmedabad

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not share Phone numbers on the public forum

Hi I am Kash from Ottawa

I am contemplating moving to Ahmedabad. I am expecting to get a job with an Indian subsidiary of Canadian consulting engineering firm. The job is in Ahmedabad. I am familiar with Ahmedabad and if all goes well may likely be there in the next few months

Can you give your experience about what type of cost of living do we incur in Ahmedabad. I have a 8 year old child and I would like her schooling in a IB school

Other information I am looking at is what type of general benefits are offered to expats. Like total leaves, holidays, medical benefits etc

I will appreciate any information you can share.   

Also please let me know some background about you and I may be able to introduce you to some folks in Ahmedabad.

I believe there is a Canadian business office in Ahmedabad

regards

Kash

Hello All,

I am Ahmadabad origin IT professional moving back to Ahmadabad after my long stay in Germany, Happy to help all expat and share information about my city, ping me for any help or info.

Thanks!
Prem

Hi Gullyjumper,

I am Australian, an English and Literature teacher, living in a little place near Shilaj. We are probably neighbors. My interests are literature, art, history, politics, cinema, music and travel. I am a very social person, enjoy a good conversation, over a coffee or a fine meal. Please feel free to get in touch.

Regards,

George

Hi George,

Are you still in Ahmedabad?

I am into management committee of Ahmedabad Book Club, I believe you would like to join us for our monthly sessions.

Please share your thoughts!

Pushpak

Hi Pushpak,

Thank you for the invitation. I would be delighted to meet other literary minded folks in Ahmedabad. Please contact me on *** and we can discuss further. I am in Brazil at the moment, doing some volunteer teaching with the U.N., and will be back in Ahmedabad in June.

Regards,

George

Moderated by Christine 5 years ago
Reason : please share your contact via your private message system. Thank you.

hi

Am an local from Ahmedabad travelled to many countries you can contact me for any kind of help if you may require. too many known people in london and UK. am an gujju too

welcome to ahmedabad

just drop a msg if you need any help in anything

nitesh

Hi,
I am a French girl, in Ahmedabad since 1 week.
Contact me i am available! :)