Doing business in Lithuania

http://www.lithuaniatribune.com/70206/i … 201470206/
Up until now, Lithuania has been considered one of the most attractive European countries for potential small business immigrants, because here, unlike in most other member states, foreigners needed to make comparatively minor investment in their own business  i.e., it was enough to set up a private limited company and ensure that the firms nominal value of the authorised capital is no less than LTL 50,000 (EUR 14,500). However, in a case when the foreigner declares himself the companys head, it was enough to have minimum sum of statuary capital  LTL 10,000 (EUR 2,900), says Aurelija Rutkauskaitė, associate partner of law firm Triniti.

The new amendment, which is set to come into effect on 1 October, doubles the minimal authorised capital and makes it no less than LTL 100,000, half of which needs to be funded by the owner personally. There is also a new requirement that a foreigners firm must conduct business for at least six months prior to the owners application for temporary residency permit. The business also has to have at least three Lithuanian employees working full time.

YOUR OPINION On above changes! Still there is a chance or now should prepare for new rule!

Dear arvind need your input on the above mentioned news. Regards

Adnan Its True, That there are so Many Changes are due to Happen before The Country Join Euro Officially from 2015.But still its in Process so we have to wait and watch.

Good post Kaiser. What you say is true, I have recently been through the process and have just managed to obtain a 1 year right to say visa, before they changed the regulations.
I believe it was to make it harder for those wanting to exploit the visa to move around the shenghen zone. I have to say thats a good thing for those of us who have legitimate businesses in LT and want to contribute to the LT economy. (albeit it in a small way).

I have heard the process is similar to that of the uk, you have to obvious register the company, provide adequate documentation, and just go through the procedure. Setting up a bank account is relatively ok if you have your ID and passport etc. I remember a friend of mine set up a business there she did really well from it.

Hi Arvind,  I'm an expat Associate Electronics Engineer, who works with a Telecom in Kawit, and have more than 10years of experience.  I'm interested to start a small business , "Fiber optics Cable splicing and maintenance service". You are requested to guide me in detail. I've gone through the above mentioned site, but I jst got some basic steps and fees. hence , I'd ask you to guide me what would be the procedure of doin it. I'd lyk to add here, I've all of the essential tools as well as the splicing Machine named OTDR" bt not sure about custom duty n other taxes. do mention how many kind of taxes we will have to pay in order to open a small company. one of my friend is also in to it, bt his brother is doing his case with the help of some Lithuanian Lawyer. I want to ask is it essential to have a lawyer or we can do it. he was asking me to join him and offer his lawyer to assist me, and suggest me to get a partnership business with him.
But I am completely confused as I don't the procedure. If you know the cost of establishing such type of business and the lawyer then pls mention it. How many kinds of license are there??  wht kind of do I need to get.

Thank Mariam, Don't you think, i need to get a lawyer?

Hi guys.i am considering to move to lithuania and operate a fast food/take away.i would like to know:

-how is the food business in LT?
-if i want to move along with my family,do i have to make all of them partner in my company and pay their share capital?my fam includes my mother,father,sister,wife and 2 daughters below 3 years,as they are all dependant on me
-how long is the company formation process if one is physically present in LT?
-can nature of the business be changed afterwards and can more partners be added?
-are commercial spaces cheap or expensive in vilnius?

I have a couple of more questions but these one need priority

as slam O alikum
suain kia hal hai. i am azhar from dubai. mera chota bhai germany main hai main aur mera bhai mil kr business start krna chah rhy hain lithuania main. mjy yqeen hai kh ap phnch chuky hon gy. main ny apka email address blog dot come sy lia ahi whan per ap ka aik sal purana post tha jo ap ny krachi sy kia tha ap ny apna mobile number bhe dia tha main ny try ke to band tha to mjy yqeen ho gia kh ap phnch chuky hain. please ap mjy apka contect number aur skype id dain main ap sy kch information lena chahta hon. mari skyp id azhar025_ali1 hai. sunain ap ajkl kider hian.
Thanks
Allah Hafiz
Azhar abbas

azhar025_ali wrote:

as slam O alikum
suain kia hal hai. i am azhar from dubai. mera chota bhai germany main hai main aur mera bhai mil kr business start krna chah rhy hain lithuania main. mjy yqeen hai kh ap phnch chuky hon gy. main ny apka email address blog dot come sy lia ahi whan per ap ka aik sal purana post tha jo ap ny krachi sy kia tha ap ny apna mobile number bhe dia tha main ny try ke to band tha to mjy yqeen ho gia kh ap phnch chuky hain. please ap mjy apka contect number aur skype id dain main ap sy kch information lena chahta hon. mari skyp id azhar025_ali1 hai. sunain ap ajkl kider hian.
Thanks
Allah Hafiz
Azhar abbas

ENGLISH please as this is an English speaking forum. That way others can understand your post.
Thank you.

is this website closed down because I don;t  see any post for pass 2 years 2015 & 2016
let me know about it then I will stop wasting my time on this site

Hi Frank27,

Welcome on board  :)

This thread is inactive since long. Have a look at new threads here : https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=338

Furthermore, if you need information, you are most welcomed to create a new thread on the Lithuania forum.

All the best,
Bhavna

Moderated by kenjee 7 years ago
Reason : Off-topic. Drop job related adverts in JOBS section

Hi Rashid here. I m from Pakistan but currently living in Japan for past 4 and half years. But I want to move to European countries and I find Lithuania so far best option to live and work there. I want to own a Pakistani food based restuarent in Lithuania and planning to open it in rather in small
City to avoid big cost burden and taxes issues of being in big cities. How much money do I need around to do so opening a restuarent in Lithuania. Please guide me
Thanks a lot

Rashid please contect me *

Moderated by Christine 7 years ago
Reason : please share your contact details via pm. Thank you

Thanks for the message :)

Hi. I think you should do more research on  Lithuanian  people culture, traditions, likes, dislikes, current market situation etc.
Most of Lithuanians are not big fans of spicy food. And many Lithuanians in smaller towns grow their own food and less visiting restaurants. You need do research and adopt your current idea to Lithuanian market.

Hello, I think opening business as a foreigner in Lithuania would be a good choice, as country's regulations are not that strict as in other countries. I opened my own business 5 years ago and did not have any issues at all. Opening Limited liability company (UAB) requires 2500 EUR share capital which shall be paid before a company registration with the Commercial register when the company bank account is opened. So it really depends what type of company you would like to have. You can find all fees and regulations about having your own company here: http://baltic-lawfirm.eu/es/service-new … uania.html . In general, I made a huge research before opening company and honestly Im 100% happy having my business here as you can hire educated and skilled people, labour costs are relatively low. I would recommend visiting this website https://investlithuania.com/why-lithuania/, as you will find other useful information why this country is attractive of investments.

Hi i m interested doing business in lithuania but i dont know lithuanian low and regulations and i want to start business open a restaurant so help me

Hi.. How good it will be to buy a pub as a business in Lithuania?

Hi  I can help for doing all the doc  and the permission for open business 
Here. You are in vilnius?

Wisem1 Today 20:14:11
4 posts
Hi  I can help for doing all the doc  and the permission for open business 
Here. You are in vilnius?

I not  bad business. Is dependent on the place

I am looking to buy a running business. Please help me out. Any profitable business is fine with me.

Please gimme your number

Until wish price you won pay business? *** we can speak tomorrow on viber

Moderated by Chris 6 years ago
Reason : For your own safety please avoid sharing your personal contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I Wirte to you that I can help you for getting business here. So contact me. My email ***

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the open forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system if necessary. Thank you

@wisem1

An Administrator has already informed you about not posting contact details on the open forum for security reasons and you have continued to do so. This will result in a permanent ban if you continue to do so

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please drop an advert in the classifieds.

Hi Can any one update about the current conditions and update about the Laws

1. Minimum Capital required to open a business in Lithuania
2. How is the current situation with economic crisis going on all over Europe
3. Coffe shops/take away business is good to have in Lithuania or no

Thanks , appreciate response from all of you

Hello mariam this is kamil Ayoub from pakistan.I want to start a new or purchase an existing business in lithuania please help me in establishing a business over there.If you have any knowledge or information regarding cost of establishing a company in lithuania  and total expanse on immigration.by the way i am interested in purchasing ready made cloth shop.
Your valuable opinion will be highly regarded thanks.
Regards,kamil

Hi Arvinator,

Hope everything is fine and well
i am Zahid from India, i am planning to reallocate Lithuania to start Restaurant Business
Pl. provide some idea and information's
how to start and what are all the advantage and disadvantage so that i can plan accordingly.

Waiting your feedback

Thanks
Zahid