Need Help : Relocating to KL

Hi All,

I am indian expat and has recently moved to KL.Second day here. Need your generous help/advice.

I have got a job in Bukit Jalil. I have a daughter who is 4 years. Need to put her to school coming April in KG2.

Please suggest a good school for her which would be affordable (with indian friends) and close to my office(bukit jalil). I was considering GiiS in Brickfileds. Not sure of its far from Bukit Jalil.

Also please suggest if staying if brickfields would be better compared to Bukit Jalil in the long run. If there are good affordable schools for indian expats in Bukit Jalil, please let me know.

Regards,

KL Newbie

Why not break out of the Indian community and live the real expat life?  However, Brickfields is probably going to be the most convenient and a known quantity.

Thanks for the prompt response. Any good affordable schools in Bukit jalil.?

I am not particualar on Brickfields. Would like to get school admission and accommodation without much daily commute.

KL Newbie

What??.. Brickfields to Bukit Jalil? Are you kidding me? The traffic is Hell. I know Brickfields is a small we call it Indian town but seriously, it's not worth it for a long run.  Imagine this;

Bukit Jalil is located near to Cheras, near to NKVE Link and KESAS Link. Where by Brickfields is located in KL and Middle of town.
It's totally absurd as you have to cross over so many places and routes to get to Bukit Jalil area. The peak hour for traffic is... hurmm.. let me think  :/  Yes..day & night and almost all the time  :lol:
Please do a google search to find an accommodation at Bukit Jalil residential  area including school. Bukit Jalil is an isolated small city that was designed to have all the facilities and develop previously by the government meant for the Sukan Sea Commonwealth.

The LRT runs from Sentral Station (Brickfields) to LRT Bukit Jalil. There is apparently a shuttle bus from Sentral to the Industrial Park and one from BJ LRT. Best check this out with the company if you can. If not, get Googling............

You do have the UCSI Child Development Centre relatively close by at Bukit Jalil and that may be a good place for your daughter. However the UCSI school is a bit further away. You will definitely need a car if live out in Bukit Jalil and your wife will either have to drive as well or use taxis to pick up your daughter from school/kindy. You may not need one if you live in Brickfields and your daughter goes to GIIS.

If you willing to sacrifice and face all the troublesome to get to work by staying in Brickfields, I might agree with Gravitas suggestions.

Kuala Lumpur  weather forecast : Rains almost everyday  :cool:

Thanks a lot Dan and Gravitas for the reply. Its very much appreciated.

KL Newbie