Hi newbie to this site

hi there, just noticed the existence of this site.
just waana say hello to everyone... although i have been to Surabaya for about 5 yrs now  :lol:

Hello, and welcome to the forum

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome here, hope you enjoy like most of us to participate in here....

Welcome to Expatblog. Five years is quite long, I've been living in Asia for nearly 40 years and only joined this blog site a few months ago. I notice it's much like a lonely persons club for foreigners living in Indonesia, but overall it's quite good as there is lot's of advice for newbies wanting to move here or set up business.

Where in Taiwan are you from? I used to live in a house in Raohejie in Taipei before moving down near Hepingdonglu.

luke, mas fred, happyhr
thanks for your welcoming...

mike,
hi mate i dont know much about tw really, i pretty much spend 1/2 of my life in melb.
i have heard of the place that you mentioned in tw, but i dont really know where it is haha...

Mikewallace76 wrote:

I notice it's much like a lonely persons club for foreigners living in Indonesia, but overall it's quite good as there is lot's of advice for newbies wanting to move here or set up business.

Then I'm definitely in the wrong place.

Hello everyone , anybody can tell me where to buy some souvenier items here in Surabaya , i will be here for two months and i want to explore the place ..
Thanx in advance
Iyah😜

If there is a Keris department store try there or Gramedia for postcards and any Batik shirt shop for well, Batik Shirts...

hi
I'm Ly from Vietnam i just arrived in Surabaya, nice to meet you, hope we can make friend, it's my email address: [email protected]
hope to get your news soon .Thanks!

Welcome to the forum Ly, hopefully you will be one of the active members around.

Tell us, what brings you to Surabaya and how long are you going to be there??

for Souvenir shop, you could visit Mirota shop at Ngagel street.. there's famous to buy a souvenir from Surabaya.. ;)

Tika.Taurins wrote:

for Souvenir shop, you could visit Mirota shop at Ngagel street.. there's famous to buy a souvenir from Surabaya.. ;)

How about you show her around ??

No problem! that would be my pleasure..
just send me a pm and I'll reply for my contact... ;)

Tika.Taurins wrote:

No problem! that would be my pleasure..
just send me a pm and I'll reply for my contact... ;)

Sounds like an idea.....cross my fingers that you both get in touch ;-)

Sure..

"I notice it's much like a lonely persons club for foreigners living in Indonesia, but overall it's quite good as there is lot's (sic) of advice for newbies wanting to move here or set up business.”

That seems like a rather disingenuous comment, especially since a good many of us who regularly post here are married, have families and have been living 24/7 in Indonesia.  I don't think any of us are lonely!   :D

Moreover, the casual visitor will easily find quite a lot of very in-depth discussions that go well beyond the concerns of "newbies" looking to move to Indonesia, or "set up business."

Welcome

Hello all.

I kinda jumped the gun already with 2 posts already made but now I'm here to say 'hello'.
Moved to Palembang, Indonesia to be with my wife and son about 2 months ago.
We are looking to open our own business in Bali and I'm in the process of getting my KITAS. No work permit for me though. We have been married for over 2 years already, so will apply for my KITAP after a year of receiving the KITAS
We are currently on the hunt for a home in Bali. No luck yet but we'll make a trip there soon to 'walk the streets'.

Looking forward to exploring this site

are you bule in surabaya.
can you text me:**
pin bb: **
thank youu

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : For security reasons, please do not post any contact details on the forum.