Work permit process for non eu cıtızens

Hi everyone,

We applied work permit via my company in July and i still waiting my work permit, (i am non eu citizen)
(My company currently in Malta)
So do you have an opinion how long it will be take ?
Is it normal to take soo long?

It is unusually long !

Your company should contact ETC to find out if there is a problem with your work permit.

Hi

I just got an offer from malta to work and I need to know if my company can acompany me and also if i will get eu passport after 5 years

LOVENA83 wrote:

Hi

I just got an offer from malta to work and I need to know if my company can acompany me and also if i will get eu passport after 5 years

Start with reading the pinned post at the beginning of the forum, it may need a little updating now.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=386361

and as for getting an EU passport after 5 years that is very, very, unlikely, as the Maltese try not to let non EU citizens stay in the country that long as they may then be eligible to stay permanently!

Ray

i just called them and they said it will be renew on a yearly basis and that after 10 years but its a case to case basis.
but do u think with a salary of 1200 euros can we survive?
how is cheap the house?
can my family members can come with me.

what if i need to change employer, how it works for non eu work permit
also what if they change idea of not renew it every year

LOVENA83 wrote:

i just called them and they said it will be renew on a yearly basis and that after 10 years but its a case to case basis.
but do u think with a salary of 1200 euros can we survive?
how is cheap the house?
can my family members can come with me.

Depends on the size of the family whether that's enough money.

will be a couple and my son of 7 years

I think it would be a big struggle for 2 adults and a child at school to manage on €1200 a month even if that was after tax and social security payments.
I would think in or near Floriana you would need much of that for a decent rented home.

As for not renewing your work permit then I guess you would become illegal and could be made to leave the country.

New employer means getting a new work permit.

Ray

but if my husband works as well. still cant do anything

do anyone know a monthly budget for groceries/internet/utilities/transport for a month
i got a house in mosta around 550 euros per month.

LOVENA83 wrote:

do anyone know a monthly budget for groceries/internet/utilities/transport for a month
i got a house in mosta around 550 euros per month.

You would be lucky to get a house at that price, may be an apartment.

YES ITS IN MOSTA appartment.

can my dependent spouse work as non eu

hi i  am TCN and non eu. My workpermit application applied on september last week. but still didnt come out visa or status. how many days take normally? pls reply. aftr issued WP wht is the next step?