"Living the Dream"

Hi All,
I'm a 50+ Australian male - easy going, laid back and sociable.  I came to Bali on 25 Sept and due to fly back to Australia on 25 Nov.  I have fallen in love with Bali and want to eventually live here.

The questions I need answered before I can do that are ;
1. How long can I stay in Bali on a tourist visa and how long do I have to leave before I can
    return to Bali
2. I have a monthly income of IRD 15,500,000 (AUD $1500) and would like to share a flat or villa
   with male or female as long as sociable too.
3. I need to live in Kuta or as near as possible - is it feasible?
4. How do I get a "Social Visa"

My phone number is - +62 813 37894383 .....email : [email protected]

Welcome to the Expat.com
you can try this link https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=293005
Good luck
Cheers

Edwin, if you arrived in Bali on the 25th of September on a VOA (visa on arrival) then you can extend that here in Bali for another 30 days, but you need to get moving on that ASAP as it's already the 21st of October.   

Secondly, both your initial VOA and its extension are only good for 30 days, and your date of arrival counts as day 1.

Therefore, there is no way you can arrive on the 25th of September and leave on the 25th of November without being two days overstay (even if you arrived on a 60 day visit visa). 

In addition to the excellent advice offered by the prior poster, be sure to simply click on the Bali link to be brought to all the past topics relating to Bali. 

And lastly, just for the record, the "Bali dream" will never be found in Kuta!   That's were you find the "hangover dream."   :D

Cheers!

Hi Edwin. I have family in Bali so let me know what you want accommodation wise and I can see what I can do etc. I am a Melbourne dude.  Are you semi retired here :-)

Hi Luki,
Thanks for the reply...............I have moved to Bali for good to retire and I am looking for accommodation around Legian/Kuta for around IDR 7,000,000 to IDR 7,500,000 per month.
I am happy to share if I can find a good flatmate
Edwin

EdwinMc wrote:

Hi Luki,
Thanks for the reply...............I have moved to Bali for good to retire and I am looking for accommodation around Legian/Kuta for around IDR 7,000,000 to IDR 7,500,000 per month.
Edwin

I know know about Bali, but 7 million/month will get you very nice digs in the Jakarta area.

Jakarta is probably a nice place but I need to live in Legian/Kuta as I have committed to help "newbie" Australian tourists in terms of providing a service to help them get to know the best tour operators.
I would love to share with another Aussie or anyone of another nationality who can speak English
Edwin

EdwinMc wrote:

Hi Luki,
Edwin

Edwin, just remember that you started also another thread asking about your visa, just curious did you manage extension of the VOA on time ?

Yes - was successful with the extension
Pick up my passport tomorrow

EdwinMc wrote:

Yes - was successful with the extension
Pick up my passport tomorrow

So all good for the next 30 days... :top:

Good news Edwin, but you wrote something earlier that raised my eyebrows:

“I have committed to help "newbie" Australian tourists in terms of providing a service to help them get to know the best tour operators.”

Two points:

As you yourself are such a “newbie” how can you possibly provide this service you mention?

More importantly, if you receive any monetary compensation for such a service, you will be in flagrant violation of VOA restrictions and at substantial risk (and with very serious consequences), for breaking the law.

No accusations here Edwin, but these points came to mind as I read your posts.

Very good point Roy, same crossed my mind also when I read his post.

Even if he intend to switch to another visa after 30 days, still he is not allowed to earn money....

Indeed Tom, and even a business visa does not allow for earning money while in Indonesia.

The only visa allowable for that would be a KITAS in conjunction with a work permit.

The only thing more difficult for a foreigner trying to get a work permit in Bali within the tourism business is finding a virgin in Banyuwangi!

Ubudian wrote:

The only thing more difficult for a foreigner trying to get a work permit in Bali within the tourism business is finding a virgin in Banyuwangi!

Hehe...that's a good one Roy  :top: