Renting flat in Pokhara

Hi there,

I will stay in Pokhara till March or April next year and I'd like to rent flat or apartment. How to find something cheap (~100 USD) and on the quiet place?
Is it cheaper to stay in GH, because I found one with a big room and atthached bath for 80 USD per mounth, or I can find flat with simillar price?
I don't care at which part of the city is flat and I don't need any luxury, only bed, desk and chair and bath. I cook my food on a small camping stove.

I am an world cyclo-traveler and writer and now I need a time and place to write my book. 

Thanks in advance

Hi, I do not think that you will find a cheaper flat than your room in the guesthouse right now. I am living here since one year and it took me months to find a house. I saw flats also during my search, but they were all not cheap.

you shouldn't have problem finding a good flat for US$100 per month.

Actually, It's turned out that the biggest problem was not to find cheep than quiet place cause Nepal is noisy country :)
After 10 or 12 hostels, I am staying now in GH of HEH (Himalaya Eye Hospital), probably the only one place in the Pokhara where is really quiet during almost all day. Regular price is about 5$ but they gave me discount because I will stay for next 3 months.

This is off season. $5 is a lot of money in Nepal. I know a lot of trekkers stay free in Pokhara. It's a simple little trick. But regardless, you are paying $150 a month for a room and still have to eat out everyday. That will cost you another $10 if you eat Western style.

Check out my blog for some suggestions for having a great time in Nepal. I like to put money saving tips in it sometimes. My book has over 1,000 tips to have a better time in Nepal on less money.

http://FrugalTravelsNepal.blogspot.com

You didn't understand. I know I can find for 2$ and I was staying in some GH for 2 $. But everywhere is so noisy.
I'm now paying 100 $ per month and have absolutely peace because around is no houses and no people and kids who make noise. Only parks, and electricity 24 hours (not solar, generator), and boiler in toalet... I actually have apartment with full furniture,

Also, in this part of the city live only Nepali people and all prices are for locals. I pay for food about 1,5 $ per day.

I'd say it's a very cheep: 3,3 $ per room, 2,1 $ for visa extension and 1,5-2 $ for food = less than 10 $ per day.

I am bicycle world traveller, have been over 2,5 years on the road and in meantime learned how to save money.

Anyway, thanks for advices.

hi are u in pokhara

snezana011 wrote:

You didn't understand. I know I can find for 2$ and I was staying in some GH for 2 $. But everywhere is so noisy.
I'm now paying 100 $ per month and have absolutely peace because around is no houses and no people and kids who make noise. Only parks, and electricity 24 hours (not solar, generator), and boiler in toalet... I actually have apartment with full furniture,

Also, in this part of the city live only Nepali people and all prices are for locals. I pay for food about 1,5 $ per day.

I'd say it's a very cheep: 3,3 $ per room, 2,1 $ for visa extension and 1,5-2 $ for food = less than 10 $ per day.

I am bicycle world traveller, have been over 2,5 years on the road and in meantime learned how to save money.

Anyway, thanks for advices.

Hi, would you mind sharing the name of place where you've rented the flat, or the how to find it? How did you search for them? We're now in Pokhara and looking for a flat to rent, but not sure yet how to find them. Did your place have Wi-fi?

Thanks

[moderated: no free ads + register your company in the business directory]

I've sent you a PM and an email.

Hi. I am also interested in your experience in Pokhara. We are planning to be there nov-may.  We are both writers, I'm Christian, he's Muslim, and the culture of religious tolerance will be so meaningful for us. Can you suggest areas to live (cheaply, of course) and anyway to arrange ahead? Are there many English speakers? Expats living long term there? Thank you.

Hi,
      i found flat for dcorp in pokhara .

please let me know early so i can book for you
                                                                                                                   with regards
                                                                                                                       jit

Can you please PM me what flat did you find and where
thanls

Thanks Jit above has emailed me with pics you can try contacting him on this site

Hi,it is at lakeside,pokhara.and it is single large room with kitchen and rivate bath room and toilet.are u in pokhara?if you are here i can show you flats

We will be there in 3 weeks. We have a hotel room for A week so we can look around. I'll call you whwn we are there to see what ypu have. We need a bigger space than what you describe. Thanks. Laurie

Hi jitendra > please note that free advertisement is not allowed on the forum. You should register yourself in the business directory. Thank you.

Hello everyone > for your accommodation search, i invite you to have a look at the Nepal housing section and post your advert there. You can also have some contacts in our business directory > Real estate in Nepal.

Thank you,
Christine
Expat.com team

fuckadmin wrote:

:D

Don't you think your nick is insulting ?

Hi,
     you can contact me we are expert on this

jitendra wrote:

Hi,
     you can contact me we are expert on this

yeah right..

..and thanks for your advice.  will call if anything else is needed.

jitendra wrote:

Hi,it is at lakeside,pokhara.and it is single large room with kitchen and rivate bath room and toilet.are u in pokhara?if you are here i can show you flats

Hi dear,
I'm looking one room flat or apartment in pokhara.my budget is NOR 25000 per month.
Kindly help me find good one.I'm Kevin and I'm doing mushroom research project.
My e-mail is - xxx
I need it before 22 may 2017

Thank you

Moderated by Chris 6 years ago
Reason : For your own safety please avoid sharing your personal contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello Niroshan fernando,

Welcome to Expat.com

If you're looking for accomodation, could you please use the appropriate section of the website : Housing in Nepal

Thanks

Christopher
Expat.com

I have a flat with 2 living rooms, 1 dinning, 1 kitchen, 1 rest room and 2 toilet bathroom Ranipauwa, Pokhara in cheap rent. in need you, contact on xxx

Moderated by Sarvesh 6 years ago
Reason : Do not post your contact details on the forum for security reasons.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct