New pilot in forum and Indonesia

Hello people!

Let me introduce myself, im a spanish guy from ibiza new in the forums and soon also new in Indonesia!
I recently finished my pilot course, but its being quite impossible to get a job here in Europe, so im taking this adventure of going to Indonesia ( Yakarta and Bali at first) to see if i can find a job there.

I would be very happy to find european pilots here that have been in this similar situation so they can give me advice, also looking forward to hear experiences from other people too! :) would be glad to meet people in the country while im there as well, since i dont really know nothing in that part of the world.

Thanks in advance!!,

Miki

Susi air hire lots of foreign pilots

Hey! thats why i have heard, but now with the new regulation in Indonesia i thinkg i need to have 250h on type right? I Just have a total of 200h and dont know if it´s possible to find a job being so low on hours.
Thanks for the reply!

As I understand it, you should have a shot.

Get wild, call and ask

http://fly.susiair.com/

You'll never know if you mess about worrying about details.

Thank you very much, ill send my apply into their website just in case they are interested, fingers crossed :D

Any tips about a good neighbourhood to look for an apartment/hotel in Jakarta?

200 hours sounds very low.

Hi Dude !

I'm from Singapore and just moved to Jakarta last year. in case you need an accomodation in Jakarta just let me know since I have 1 unit apartment for rent, located in the heart of the city and it's available for viewing.

anyway i'm a big fan of aviation industry, when you have time perhaps we can meet up for coffee !

once again welcome to Jakarta i hope you enjoy your stay here.

cheers

Tommy Huang

A bit OT, the owner of Susi Air was just appointed a Minister by Jokowi.  She is one interesting lady...tattoos and all!   :top:

Of the 180 pilots that fly for her, all but 5 are foreigners...and I can only wonder, how many of them have tats?   :)

If you have a tat yourself, maybe consider including a photo of it with your CV?  It just might help out with those yet to earn flight hours. 

Good luck!

mgg6 wrote:

Thank you very much, ill send my apply into their website just in case they are interested, fingers crossed :D

Any tips about a good neighbourhood to look for an apartment/hotel in Jakarta?

Outside the city, it's a lot cheaper.
As close to your base as possible - traffic is terrible.

Tommyhuang wrote:

Hi Dude !

I'm from Singapore and just moved to Jakarta last year. in case you need an accomodation in Jakarta just let me know since I have 1 unit apartment for rent, located in the heart of the city and it's available for viewing.

anyway i'm a big fan of aviation industry, when you have time perhaps we can meet up for coffee !

cheers

Tommy Huang

In the city will cost a fortune, and you'll have hours on the road, stuck in jams.
A really bad idea, more so when that's all this dude can post about.

HaileyinHongKong wrote:

200 hours sounds very low.

That's why these guys go to small airlines.
New pilots can't get jobs with big companies, so they get experience by working at small airlines.
There's a bonus for the pilots - they see what most people never do.

"There's a bonus for the pilots - they see what most people never do."

Yup, and the passengers too!   :lol:

I've thought about booking a flight somewhere, just to see a few interesting places, even if we only stay for a long weekend.
Susi are cheap, and they go places others don't.

mas fred wrote:
Tommyhuang wrote:

Hi Dude !

cheers

Tommy Huang

In the city will cost a fortune, and you'll have hours on the road, stuck in jams.
A really bad idea, more so when that's all this dude can post about.

Better looking for a place to stay close by to the airport

Ah but which airport maybe it he will be flying from? Maybe Halim and that's not the best place to be.

That's true so it is better to get  to know first with what airline he can work

lukereg wrote:

Ah but which airport maybe it he will be flying from? Maybe Halim and that's not the best place to be.

They only have one destination from Halim.
Fair chance he'd end up island hopping.

Oh thanks for the feedback guys, well I don't have tattoos to impress susi but I hope I can make it into some airliner with my skills I guess :D

I think I should go to the main airports there and send my cv right ? Seems like it's going to be hard to get something hehe

No - find the small airlines, and call, backed up by emails.

http://allindonesiatravel.com/local-ind … ines-list/ gives you a few, but there are more.

Check out their equipment so you know what you're talking about before you speak to them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ai … _Indonesia

Loads of small turboprop aircraft, ideal to get those hours built up.

Thank you mas fred, seems like you know a lot of this business, are u related with aviation industry?

Btw what is the best way to move around the city to the different airports and stuff? I guess taxis are cheap right ?

mgg6 wrote:

Thank you mas fred, seems like you know a lot of this business, are u related with aviation industry?

Btw what is the best way to move around the city to the different airports and stuff? I guess taxis are cheap right ?

Nope - just an anorak.
I love aircraft.
My first take off was about five years before my first landing, and my first go at the controls was in a Cessna. Just for fun, so I never managed a take off or landing whilst at the controls.

As for travel around Indonesia:
Buses are slow, but very cheap.
Trains are far faster, but many airlines will get you there at not that much more cost.
Say Jakarta to Jogja - 8 to 12 hours on a train - an hour by Air Asia, but not all that much more out of your wallet.