New members of the Finland forum, introduce yourself here

Hi i'm Youss from Tunisia , 24 years old
Just married to a finnish girl last year
planning to move to Helsinki !
how's life there for an immigrant ? jobs...studies !!
Peace !!!

Hi Im Mia married to Finnish man and in the middle of all this stress compiling paperworks for my visa.Hopefully before this year end i can move on my husbands place. And I'm looking forward members here who could help me in some questions during my visa journey.

Why you applied for visa !! i think it's better to apply for a permit to stay directly
we didn't do anything yet like legalizing our marriage contract and applying for the permit to stay
i just wonder how long it took you to get the marriage contract legalized by the finnish authority and how long you can get the visa ? thank you very much and i wish you the best
i've been reading so much about the process so we can share experience ;)

Hello , my name is Mudoh , im a football looking for any first or second division team to join .

Hi,
Thanks for the warm welcome to this site, I look forward to making the most I can in terms of learning about living in Finland and learing from expats living there. By now I want to add that I am learning the language from scratch and am open to suggestions and advice.

Best regards,

Dan from Uruguay

Hei! I'm Michele, from Louisiana (New Orleans) USA, and I just moved to Helsinki, Finland some weeks ago. Not quite two months in. I am keeping a blog (finlandadventures.wordpress.com) to document this mid-life adventure that I am undertaking! Thanks for having me here to share in your adventures, as well!

Hi Michele, I'm Mel and I moved here in April from New Zealand. I hope you're enjoying your time here so far! I also write a blog, called Hey Helsinki. There's so much to capture about living here I'm sure you'll have loads to write about! There's some good groups on FB to join if you have kids and have any questions about life here too. All the very best with settling in ; )

No kids (well, they are all grown and living back in the States), but working on things to do here, since I'm not working now. Where do I find your blog? I'm reading as much as I can!

You can find it at heyhelsinki.wordpress.com. Does it snow where you are from in the States? That will be a whole new experience for us so we are trying to learn a few new tricks to do over winter, like ice skating. ; ) Failing that there's always sauna ; )

Hi,

I am Laura, recently moved to Tampere from Australia. I am originally from Jyvaskyla, but have lived away from Finland for 20 years and now experiencing a significant culture shock in my home country! :) Would love to meet new people and if there are any Aussies, hearing the accent would ease the pain a little! Also very keen to help any newcomers as I know what it's like to live as an expat -have done that many times.

Hello everyone, my name is Vinh AKA Ville, I am a Vietnamese student living in Seinäjoki Finland. And indeed I am looking forward to get to know more Finnish friends here

No snow where I am from, so this will be an entirely new experience for me! I have visited Lapland before, but it's different to "visit snow" and to "live in snow"! Unfortunately, due to my MS, I can't do the sauna. It makes me real dizzy and lightheaded. I wish I could!

Hello everyone, I am Ayushi and I have just recently moved to Finland from India. I am new here so don't know much about the country and what to do here. I am currently living in Espoo and also looking for a job. Any help would be welcome.
Many thanks
Ayushi

Hi,
thanks for welcome. Well I have been to Finland as erasmus in 2003-2004 academic year at Tampere University of Technology. So I have already some experiences with living in the country. Got there many nice firends but now I have started about thinking to come back, but maybe different place like Jyvaskyla, Oulu or other norther part of Finland would be very nice to go ... I guess any place will be nice. My major job is airframe designer. Many thanks for help.
Mirek from Czech Republic.

Hi there,

My name is Mark and I am originally from Limerick in Ireland but I am currently living in Dublin. I am married to a Finn and we have one son and I am looking for an opportunity to find work in order to be able to move back over to Finland as my wife is working there as a teacher and living there with our son. I fell in love with Finland back in 2008 when I moved there to study in the University of Jyväskylä and the place has always felt more like home than where I was born and grew up in. I love the Finnish culture and way of life and even the dark and cold winters! Unfortunately, I had to move back to Ireland in 2010 and having spent another year in Finland in 2012-2013 I returned once more.

I am looking to find work in Helsinki and the Uusimaa region in places like Espoo, Vantaa, Järvenpää, Mäntsälä, Porvoo and Sipoo. I have good Finnish skills and aim to further improve them in the future towards fluency. I would like to get in touch with any other Irish folk hanging out in the Helsinki region! Any help or advice would be great!

Thanks
Mark

Hi everyone,

My name is Emma Rahadian and I'm an Indonesian. i'll continue my study in University of Oulu, next year. I want to know more about Finnish culture, and looking for some finnish friends. I would like to get in touch with any other, especially who are living in Oulu. Any help and advice would be great.

Thank you,

Emma

hi mystical! :D

Hi Huys,

My name is Sean and my wife and I might be moving to Espoo in the next couple of months as an internal job transfer. Very excited about the opportunity but also very nervous about everything that needs to get done to be able to move and so on. Might call on some SA people if there are any to give some guidance!

Hi

I am a Finnish citizen from South Africa moving to Helsinki in the new year to work and study. I am looking for a room to rent in a flt/house share as I believe that this will be the most affordable when I first arrive. I like to keep fit and healthy and enjoy the outdoors.

Kind Regards

Simon

hi,everyone am a Kenyan living in Luanda buh wanna study in Finland..any clues would be really appreciated.
!thanks in advance

Liban.

Hi!

My name is Denise.. I'm making my final project in marketing management and I need some help..
My project is about the Finnish site surveybee.fi ..and for the project i need to interview Finnish people who lives in Denmark or who has lived in Denmark ... I was hoping that any of you could help? ..I don't have any money to offer...but I really need the help and i would very much appriciate the help!

Please let me know if you are up for it, thank you :)

Hi,i,m Hossein Shojaifar.I,m from Iran,i,d like to working in Finland in architecture field.I have bachelor degree in architecture.Can you help me for more information about working in Finland?
sincerely
Hossein Shojaifar

Hi there! My name is Danitza, I'm from Peru. I'll be staying in Helsinki for a month and will be studying in the Helsinki University Hospital. :)

Hello I am Germán from Mexico, just did the joint application you know how it works I may be placed within any of 6 UAS. Looking forward to joining this awesome country on AUGUST. Greetings to all of you and thank you Julian for the invitation to introduce myself

I am sanjo, I will love to come and study something music related in Finland. I have tried to send messages to aalto university and Sibelius academy But I haven't been receiving response from them.....pls, I will be glad if u can guide me on what to do.

I am pretty sure that someone more  experienced will answer you. Meanwhile, the application period for UAS and Universities is open (goes from 7-27.01.205) for the autumn period. Visit studyinfinland.fi

Hello Everyone : )

I just joined about 5 minutes ago, LOL.

I'm an American looking to relocate to Helsinki. I currently live in Brooklyn, New York, but I am really tired of living here and I want a new change in my life. I visited Helsinki a few months ago and really fell in love with it! The people are so nice and it's such a lovely place! I work in the fashion industry, and I would love to somehow get a job there and move one day.

I just started to research moving to Finland online. Anyone else here feel overwhelmed on where to start? I do! I'm not even sure what the first step would be for me to begin this process. Do I start looking for a job first, or try to apply for all of the immigration papers, or both? There seems like there is so much to do. If anyone has any advice or can point me in the right direction, it would be very appreciated! I just need to figure what my first step and get the ball rolling!

hello guys, I am John from Nigeria. I am processing
admission to study music in Finland.

Hello!
My name is Jonna, I am 36-year-old young woman. I live in southern Finland.
My hobbies and intresting are traveling around, I like most Asian and African sites and I wonder how I could live abroad part of the year (Finland cold winter)  :/
And what kind of work I could find in Asia or volunteer projects

Lets keep in touch!!

I am from asia..   Let me know how i can help you :)  i am living here for 2 and half years ! now working full time

Hi. Noticed this post was placed close to a year ago and by now you should be having your graduate course in finland. Love to know how that is going because I also have interests towards next year

hi everyone,

my name is afolabi, and i am Nigerian. i just graduated from the prestigious Obafemi Awolowo University and i'm looking forward to pursuing graduate study opportunities in finland. my eye is on Aalto university and so any help, tip, information, advice,...... anything would be of great help and is therefore welcomed.

kiitos!

Hi,

I am moving next week to Kotka, anyone is living in that area ?

Thanks for all advises you can give me on this ,

Kiitos

Hi,

Thanks for any advise for a new live in Kotka,

HELLO, my name is Thuong, but you guys can call me Sollie serina, whatever u wanna call, lol
I am here to know more about Finnish friends, nice to meet you, guys.
There are sth about my personalities:

•    I enjoy reading about politics, universe, and achievements everyday via BBC news, and some national magazines.
•    I do love listening to English and French songs, which make me enjoy the freedom.
•    I like to arrange my schedule and tasks before doing anything during the day.
•    I also read books and search for something regarding the management and organization to improve my business skills in the future.

My quote is: Nothing can complete without great ambition.

Hello everybody I am Bijaya Acharya from Nepal. I am new here.I am working here as a personal assistant.
I am searching good friends here..
I love listning english songs...

Thanks julien.
       Am Forbin Brice a cameroonian,i have graduated from high school and wish to continue my carrier in finland because the Finnish are very welcoming and nice . I wish to work and study in Finland.While waiting to hearing from your, extend my warm regards to your family.
  thanks.

Hi all,
My name is olubukolami, I am a Nigeria. I heard about Finland from a friend. I want to come there to study. I want to make friends with people studying there, i wanna no more about the country and the educational system. I like listening to music, watching football and reading. I will really love to make new friends. Thanks

hello im ciryl i tink that i can help you. just send me an invitation this is mt fb account. mc ciraily. thanks.

Hi cirylexpat > Why would a user here send you an invitation on FB?

This topic is about the introduction of new members of the Finland forum, so can you please introduce yourself here? Do you intend to move to Finland?

Closed