The Negative Posts about Kuwait

Hello

It's sad to read the comments about my country, yes I'm Kuwaiti, and half of them are generalising the facts that Kuwaiti people don't like to mingle with expats and always showing off. The fact that there are no outdoor activities to do, even if there are, they will be limited and counted. Kuwait is equivalent to boredom.

I know that I would say the same things if I lived as an expat in your country.

I always enjoy hanging out with non Kuwaitis and learn from them interesting things. But, every time I try to meet people from another nationality, they become hesitant  and cautious when they know that I'm from Kuwait.
first mistake expats do is they think whoever wears Black Abas or Dishdasha is Kuwaiti.
And since half of expats are living in Ahmadi areas like Mahboula ( which by the way means crazy girl! yes I know! ), Mangaf, fintas or Fahaheel, you need to know that %95 of citizens in those areas are originally from Saudi Arabia not Kuwait.

Any ways, I just wanted to say welcome to Kuwait, and since the weather is getting cooler, enjoy it as much as you can.
Mi casa es su casa.

Thank you !
Don't be upset... I've been here for 1 month and I have met expats who really like it here : the Kuwaitis and the rest !
Hope to meet more Kuwaitis myself ;-)
Take care

Heloo M88,
It's just a different perspective. Which not necessarily to be right or wrong all way long. I believe it would be better if such different point of views considered thru its positive side.  You know, each expat wishes to find all what he used to have in his own country plus the extra benefits in reward of his expatriation lifetime. After all its matter of own compromisation.
So, no need to feel sad dear. I have Kuwaiti girls as my colleagues, and they are truly decent, nice and easy going.

P.S.
I LOLd @ Mahboula thing. Any idea who's the honored lady ^_^

Don't be upset M88 :) Kuwaiti or non Kuwaiti , doesn't really matter, it depends on the person himself not where he is from, Kuwait is like any other country ,it has its advantages and its disadvantages which is logically normal, i do have Kuwaiti friends and i do not believe that generalizing is appropriate , i agree there is few bad apples here and there ( and those are in every country even in our own countries)  yet it has nothing to do with the tree itself ! believe me even expats in Switzerland will be having a comment or two about the country :) cheer up do not feel upset do not let negative comments effect you, if Kuwait was so negatively bad as some people assume i do not think that they will be staying here as no one is forcing them to !  i agree that it can be pretty over boring at times due to lack of activities , yet after living a couple of years in Disneyland it will also be boring were it wasn't when u first visited , key word here in Kuwait is good friends ! if you have those Kuwait can be pretty entertaining due to a lot of luxuries available here that aren't really common elsewhere 

Cheers

Fahmadi wrote:

Thank you !
Don't be upset... I've been here for 1 month and I have met expats who really like it here : the Kuwaitis and the rest !
Hope to meet more Kuwaitis myself ;-)
Take care

Merci Fahmadi ! ^_^ I hope you had a great Eid break.

EmyMor wrote:

Heloo M88,
It's just a different perspective. Which not necessarily to be right or wrong all way long. I believe it would be better if such different point of views considered thru its positive side.  You know, each expat wishes to find all what he used to have in his own country plus the extra benefits in reward of his expatriation lifetime. After all its matter of own compromisation.
So, no need to feel sad dear. I have Kuwaiti girls as my colleagues, and they are truly decent, nice and easy going.

P.S.
I LOLd @ Mahboula thing. Any idea who's the honored lady ^_^

you are %100 correct. Once you know how the culture works here, and understand the society, you can really enjoy its pro and cons.

and about Mahboula thing, yes it is true. However, Other Kuwaitis say it was named that way because of its non-agricultural land. People who lived there didn't get any natural benefit from it, so they called it the crazy land. I believe the crazy girl myth though ;p

Kareemelkinany wrote:

Don't be upset M88 :) Kuwaiti or non Kuwaiti , doesn't really matter, it depends on the person himself not where he is from, Kuwait is like any other country ,it has its advantages and its disadvantages which is logically normal, i do have Kuwaiti friends and i do not believe that generalizing is appropriate , i agree there is few bad apples here and there ( and those are in every country even in our own countries)  yet it has nothing to do with the tree itself ! believe me even expats in Switzerland will be having a comment or two about the country :) cheer up do not feel upset do not let negative comments effect you, if Kuwait was so negatively bad as some people assume i do not think that they will be staying here as no one is forcing them to !  i agree that it can be pretty over boring at times due to lack of activities , yet after living a couple of years in Disneyland it will also be boring were it wasn't when u first visited , key word here in Kuwait is good friends ! if you have those Kuwait can be pretty entertaining due to a lot of luxuries available here that aren't really common elsewhere 

Cheers

Thanks!
you are right. I have a Canadian friend ( well not anymore ) she liked everything about the country..except the fact that she wasn't able to eat ham nor drink. So, she left. It does depend on the person.
Thanks a lot.

Hi M88,

I used to work with a Kuwaiti, she's nice and good at heart! And it's good to know that you mingle with other nationalities too :)

I started to love this quiet and simple country. Well, yes it still depends on the individual though, but to sit in a coffee shop every weekend is more than enough for me.

Regards,
Noor

Hi Noor ( I love ur name )

Me too! a cup of coffee good friends and air conditioned cafe is more than enough. Plus, it's getting dull all around the world anyway.

Let's not be partial... Kuwaitis are one of the most free and generous being on earth. if you've travelled to other countries and you wouldn't be unjust you will know what I mean. It's true they can't be all same but larger number of them are very homely #Wallah. What makes me enjoy here mist is that all the kuwaitis i've met non is a racist #alhamdullah.

Right now I'm enjoying my stay and my relationship with the kuwaitis so far so bro/sis cheer up and forget what some say about kuwaitis.

Anyone who's not pleased can use the aircraft.... ;)

All countries have good and bad people, that's normal. What's not normal is that some (bad word to describe a mean person) justify their behavior by: "I'm Kuwaiti, you're an expat, this is my country".

So those guys explicitly give a bad name for "their country" which makes them less Kuwaiti than they should be.

Thank you :) M88 !

Haha, no matter what. Life will never be boring, anywhere in the world as long as coffee is available.

Take care

in the end it is important to remember that this is a forum for people's OPINIONS on their existence in certain countries as expats, it is by no way a PR for said country, and as with everything there are good experiences and bad experiences, sharing them helps bring expats together in a) understanding what is happening and b) using said experience as a cautionary tale.

not all Kuwaitis are bad just like not all expats are good.

I think the main theme is الصدقة تخص والسيئة تعم which is arabic (the official language of Kuwait for those that do not know :P) and means that good deeds are specific whereas bad deeds are generalized. if someone does something nice for u, u attribute it to that person, whereas if they wrong u u blame the entire creed.

it is best to always keep things in perspective and understand that everyone's experiences are different. u cannot whitewash peoples bad experiences, what u can do is understand them and hope to alleviate any future occurrence.

+1 for posting tho ;)

legacy wrote:

in the end it is important to remember that this is a forum for people's OPINIONS on their existence in certain countries as expats, it is by no way a PR for said country, and as with everything there are good experiences and bad experiences, sharing them helps bring expats together in a) understanding what is happening and b) using said experience as a cautionary tale.

not all Kuwaitis are bad just like not all expats are good.

I think the main theme is الصدقة تخص والسيئة تعم which is arabic (the official language of Kuwait for those that do not know :P) and means that good deeds are specific whereas bad deeds are generalized. if someone does something nice for u, u attribute it to that person, whereas if they wrong u u blame the entire creed.

it is best to always keep things in perspective and understand that everyone's experiences are different. u cannot whitewash peoples bad experiences, what u can do is understand them and hope to alleviate any future occurrence.

+1 for posting tho ;)

Well said

Hello thur~!
Well I'm a 100% Kuwaiti and I can see your point of view, well I have a good and a bad news
Bad news jerks that could affect people minds "such as people who's new here that have had bad first experience"  are everywhere and we cannot deny the fact that theyre not few...

The good news... that makes you special xD

And for who think kuwait is boring little place.. I believe they do their research online and find your  everyday answers...

You are an excellent representative of your country!  God bless you!  I personally love this country, quirks and all. It has so much flavor and passion. There are things about this place that are negative and things that are truly wonderful, and people like you (of which I have met plenty) are part of the reason it is such a nice place to live. Don't get me started on the negative things about MY country, and negative people is a big part of that list!  Ignore the naysayers. They are probably still looking to "find themselves" and don't know where to look! What I always tell folks is that no one is holding them hostage. If they don't like where they are, go where they like.

Hi:

My dearest friends, more like family, are Kuwaiti.  I've know my friend Ahmed for 35 years . We met in my hometown in California.  He & his family are the most gracious & generous ppl I've ever known.

Unfortunately for Kuwaitis, as you've mentioned, there are some non -kuwaiti Arabs that are not very receptive of us Americans. However, it's a very small percentage.  Most morrocans, Egyptians & Lebanese are fabulous ppl.  Not just here in Kuwait but also back in the states.

I do believe there isn't much to do here socially, except for private gatherings.  But I think the younger expats & also the younger Kuwaitis are the ones suffering the most.

The lack of clubs & bars & social venues, forces the young men & women to cruise up & down the Arabian gulf street without any place to hang out & to meet ppl from other countries.

Otherwise, and specially for us older ppl, we not only mingle with Kuwaitis but also with expats from many other countries. 

Tank you for having us here.  The experience both financially & socially has been very good for us.

Hi friend your comments about the topic is marvelous,  beautiful.

Speciale I like it.
Compare with other countries kuwait is for better to living standard.

Thank you
Regards
Ravi Mahadevan