Help me to take decision

Hi Sumitran,
Thanks for your helping nature. Please help me to take correct decision.
My name is Raghu. Presently i am an Indian Living in Bangalore and working as Software Engineer in Bangalore .I am earning 5.5 Lakhs fixed & 0.48 Lakh variable annually.
Recently i have got an offer from Saud Bahwan Group for muscat location with following details:

Basic Monthly Salary: RO.325/
Food allowances : RO.50/
Accommodation: Sharing Bachelor room provided by company
Traveling allowances: Provided by company
With the above package can i save decent money?
Please give me some guidance.

You should be able to easily save about 50+% of your salary. Approximately say around INR.30,000/- per month at a modest and conservative estimate. But only you have to decide whether this monthly savings is enough or not.

Thanks Sumitran for your fast reply, now I will ask to revise my salary up to 700 OMR/Month. I want to know one more thing i.e., how about the software companies in Oman and what will be the average salary for the software engineer in Oman ?.
Thanks in advance

Hi Sumitran,

Please share the working and living conditions for expats in Muscat.
I mean, is there any racism towards expats among locals.?

What are dos and don'ts for living a tension free life in Muscat and what are things, i have to compromise after moving there.?

mukteshmukul wrote:

Hi Sumitran,

Please share the working and living conditions for expats in Muscat.
I mean, is there any racism towards expats among locals.?

What are dos and don'ts for living a tension free life in Muscat and what are things, i have to compromise after moving there.?

Hi mukteshmukul,

These questions can be explained in much greater depth. But for want of time, I am only touching upon the topics.

Life in Oman is good. That is why there are so many expatriates living and working here.

The quality of life will be better than it is in India - there are no power cuts or water problems. The roads are excellent. But for more than half the year the heat will be awful.

Workwise, it will be very different to India. The tempo will be less than half. Decisions take forever to be taken. The challenges at work will be limited and career growth prospects would not compare with India.

Oman is not overtly racist. But racism does exist in its own way. There are some posts in this forum on that subject. Also in the forum you will find detailed answers to most of all your queries. Take time to read the useful contributions of many the members.

Well, the dos and don'ts are really very simple.

Do only what is legal. Follow the local rules and regulations.

Good luck.

Hi,

As per your salary and your background,You need to ask for at-least 500 omr...