Can I get a power of attorney from landowner to insure my investment

I am looking to see if I can have a power of Attorney  from my GF AS THE person on title  ,so I may have control of investment .Does this hold any security in the Philipinnes ?

You will hear and be coaxed by all sundries. But you will own NOTHING!!! Get IT? unless you are a corporate .Even then you only own 40% and have to have a Filipino partner. else you can get married . but then again all is in the name of the spouce.GOOD LUCK M8. its all fun in the Philippines .

the best way to maintain control over your investment is to register a mortgage against the proper for several times current market value-make it a demand loan so you can demand payment in writing at any time.
there ARE ways to do this-research, research, RESEARCH!!!

Thanks I will check into this !

Hello, how are you, the best investment now in the Philippines is in real state I am an account manager of the real state here in Philippines we have pre-selling condominium units and have ready for occupancy, for pre-selling units you have to pay only the 25% as a down payment of the unit and it is payable in installment basis we have 1 yr up to 4 years to pay the downpayment. after that the remaining balance you can pay through financing bank,etc. example if you have 5 units here in manila the return of investment in 1 yr. is estimated around 10-20%  per year aside from if you invest some units for rent. if you are interested to know more about the real state pls. contact Erick 0915-970-6630 and [email protected]. thanks and God bless

select your property wisely, there is a epedemic of unsold units around manila. Renting it as an investment is also hard to do. BEWARE. as a foreigner you are a target. My son bought a beach property in Camaya Coast from a plan 5 years ago. Paid $45,000 Australian dollars in instalments. Guess what, the land is still empty and he cant get them to reply to his messages.  Good luck.

Munchie wrote:

select your property wisely, there is a epedemic of unsold units around manila. Renting it as an investment is also hard to do. BEWARE. as a foreigner you are a target. My son bought a beach property in Camaya Coast from a plan 5 years ago. Paid $45,000 Australian dollars in instalments. Guess what, the land is still empty and he cant get them to reply to his messages.  Good luck.

It definitely is buyer beware out there-that goes for anywhere on God's green earth!

I suggest every transaction must be legal ang with the power of attorney so you dont have any problem in the future.. thanks.. Erick

Foreigners can own condominium in their own name but not land unless you are married to a Filipina; Special Power of Attorney will not protect you considering that you have no legal personality to stay here! When you are married to a Filipina, get a last will and testament and have you as the beneficiary!