Hi From Philippines

My name is Russell

From the UK - 49

4 years in Philippines

Looking at checking out Cambodia in December or January

Will come for a Month or two first and see how it goes

What are you looking for? [email protected] email me and I can possibly give you more input.

Timw0717 wrote:

What are you looking for? [email protected] email me and I can possibly give you more input.

No, don't.

This is a mutual help forum so it would be a really good idea to post questions and answers in open forum.
That way, future users can read old threads and gain an instant insight into their preferred country.
If everything is taken to private emails, no one helps anyone.

That and safety.
With only 4 posts, most trying to get people to email you, that shouts out a loud warning.
Of course, it may well be innocent, but one has to wonder why a new poster is trying to contact people he doesn't know.

It was just an Intro

When i have questions... I will ask openly to make sure as much info goes out as possible

Thanks

:up::up:

Hi Russell,
I would love to ask you some questions about the Philippines. If you're open to this please let me know.
Thanks

Ask away

If I can help I will...

Hi i am living in siem reap now for about a year and i am i terested in the philippines,maybe we can meet here and exchange ideas .my  email us
[email protected].

How are de philippines qua visa.how much monthly incone do you need.i am interested in cebu or davao

The Visa requirements in Philippines are changeable :-)

On entry most people will get an instant 21-30 Days

After that you need to renew on a tourist visa... prices vary from town to town and if you use an agency.

Usually two months is about 4000 pesos... the first visa costs more as you will need to apply for an alien card (ACR)

It is pretty straightforward

After 6  months you will need an exit clearance.. takes a day and costs 500 pesos if you go to immigration yourself.

You will need copies of previous visa payment, receipt and 6 2x2 photos

Plus copies of passport, entry stamp, last visa stamp, ACR card both sides etc all on seperate pieces of paper.

Cost of living... it depends on what you want to spend..

I know people who get by on 60K Pesos a Month others spend 600K Pesos a Month.

Housekeeper approx 3k Pesos a month full time
Driver 7K Cebu - 15k

Nice condo in Cebu 30-50K a month plus dues 1-2 bed

Nice house the same price for 3 bedroom

Malls are superb... great place to live.. much safer than Manila

Is cebu so expencive?

Like I said

It depends on how you want to live

You can get a place for 10k a month

Check out google for apartments in Cebu... will give you a good idea

I tought i read sonewgere peopke live very good on 800$wich is required to stay there

I am so interested in traveling through the Philippines but have some reservations I guess my main concerns are safety and cost maybe I am just being too cautious I don't know. I travel by myself but would love to finds someone as a travel buddy. I have been to only fourteen countries so far but at least that is some experience. I really don't have any other comments other than I'm just not sure.