A good attorney to help you in Costa Rica

My wife and I are very happy with the Attorney we dealt with in Costa Rica. We received our residency card very swiftly within the promised term. There were no surprises and were treated with respect and the utmost professionalism. We highly recommend Mr. Adrian Fernandez. He can be reached at 506-8386-1698 or at [email protected]. Thank You, Alan and Gina Hill

May I ask how long the process took and what you were charged? I need to get cards for my wife and I.

Make sure to get references, from whichever lawyer you decide to use.

Thanks. I have all my ducks in a row. Im just looking for pricing and a timetable.

He charged a flat rate of $1500.00 for both of us. He provided a service-fee agreement in writing which most attorneys in Costa Rica do not do from what I heard. We paid in three payments which was nice. The process took about 11 months or so. We had the support of his staff and paralegal at the end when the residency cards were turned over to our hands. It was a good expereince with very good service. We recommend Adirian and his staff.

THE HILL FAMILY wrote:

My wife and I are very happy with the Attorney we dealt with in Costa Rica. We received our residency card very swiftly within the promised term. There were no surprises and were treated with respect and the utmost professionalism. We highly recommend Mr. Adrian Fernandez. He can be reached at 506-8386-1698 or at [email protected]. Thank You, Alan and Gina Hill

Where is his office? (Which city?)

You wrote: "He charged a flat rate of $1500.00 for both of us. "
Just to clarify that is $1500 total for the two of you, not $1500 each?
If so that is a very good price. I've heard it costs twice that much.
Did you ask him how long he's been doing this service?

We used the same attorney as we used for our corporation.  We were charged $2100 combined for the both of us for an Inversionista application.  He indicated that he expects our cedula in four months minimum and has never had one take over eight months.

TerrynViv wrote: "We used the same attorney as we used for our corporation.  We were charged $2100 combined for the both of us for an Inversionista application.  He indicated that he expects our cedula in four months minimum and has never had one take over eight months."

Could you give me the info on your attorney? Where he is and how to contact him? What city is he in etc.? If you don't wish to advertise him publically you could send me a private message by clicking on the left here.

Also, did you get recommendations for him from people who used him successfully?

It was a grand total of $1500 for the both of us. His office is located in Los Yoses, on the east side of San Jose. It's pretty close to the San Pedro mall. He also works in Jaco and on the Pacific side. He can reached at 506-8386-1698 or [email protected]. Adrian Fernandez. Very professional and speaks great English.

THE HILL FAMILY wrote:

It was a grand total of $1500 for the both of us. His office is located in Los Yoses, on the east side of San Jose. It's pretty close to the San Pedro mall. He also works in Jaco and on the Pacific side. He can reached at 506-8386-1698 or [email protected]. Adrian Fernandez. Very professional and speaks great English.

Thanks! I was pretty sure that's what you meant but wanted to be 100% sure. That's a good price. I'll certainly consider him next year when the time comes.

Did you hear about him from other expats who used him and had similar success?

Mr. Perkins,
To answer your question, Adrian's office is located near the San Pedro mall in East San Jose. He also has an office in Jaco. The $1500 was for both my wife and I. The process took around 11 months. Adrian's office numbers are 2225-9322 and 2280-9692. His cell phone is 8386-1698 and his e-mail is [email protected]. Good luck, The Hill Family.

A question I have is whether or not an attorney for residency should be local or not, ideally?
Is there an advantage to having a nearby attorney for this or is it irrelevant due to most business having to be done in San jose' anyway? OR are there a lot of appointments/meetings with the attorney that would behoove one to have him closer to where you live?

What's the verdict on this?