Organics

Anybody know if the herbs in the grocery are sprayed with chemicals?

Hello angieh.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

An introduction maybe?

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi
I am sure I am the only one in Kuwait who eats a Raw vegetarian diet....haha I am from Canada were this is the norm, but apparently not in Kuwait.  Any advise on organic food stores?
A

Hello angieh. And Welcome to Expat.com!
It's depend on the source of the food.I recommend you to ask the store supervisor .In Kuwait you will see different kind of stores which contains foods from all over the world.

they do have dean and deluca's here where the food is supposedly organic. they also have purely organic veg stands at the sultan center, however, you will find yourself paying a pretty penny for it.

ur right; in kuwait it is survival of the fittest, eat the cows before the cows eat u :P

Angi, this may not sound practical for you but I buy direct from farmers who sell in some areas.

but then how would she guarantee they have not sprayed it with pesticide?

angieh, nice to find out that there are other vegetarians in Kuwait... even better a raw vegan person! congrats!
to be honest, I thought that me and my husband were the only vegetarians around :)

I would be very wary of the organic food here. When I first arrived I only purchased organic stuff at the Sultan Center but one day I looked at the labels and despite paying the ridiculous prices for it the package said that it was currently not organic. WTF!

Nowadays the only thing I buy organic is the dirty dozen and for everything else just look for what looks the freshest. Btw Dean and Dueluca looks a little too perfect to me but to each their own!

Hi angie
Join the vegetarian club, me too looking for a good organic food store, but couldnt find one till now.
If you find one please let me know.

P

angieh wrote:

Hi
I am sure I am the only one in Kuwait who eats a Raw vegetarian diet....haha I am from Canada were this is the norm, but apparently not in Kuwait.  Any advise on organic food stores?
A

Hi p.kona,

Note that this thread here is a bit old :)

We will kindly ask you to please start a new topic for better interactions on the Kuwait Forum :)

Thank you

Maximilien

yes, vegetables are preserved with chemicals.
Do you know where can I find  Greensmoothies here in Kuwait?
Thanks

I am not sure. Try shopping at places where they sell organic foods like Save Co or Sultan Centre.

Try to go to Gulf Mart here in Salmiya. They have a small section for organics. Its cheaper than Sultan :).