Jobs in Madrid - Casual Work

I am hoping to come to Madrid after I have graduated this Summer (Touch wood!). The purpose of my stay is to hopefully improve on my current level of spoken and Spanish and hopefully become fluent!
To finance my stay I would like to get casual work, in a bar or something similar. I have been told about teaching English, but the cost of the courses is out of my budget, and is not something I would like to commit to as my heart is not totally in it.

Does anyone have any tips about looking for bar work in Madrid, or any British run bars in Madrid? Also, any advice for finding work as an 'expat'?

Muchas gracias,

Ieuan

Hi Ieuan,

I suggest you to post an advert in the Barman job offers in Spain, with details of your skills, this might surely help. Thank you! :)

Regards,

David.

Hi Leuan!
I work as an English teacher in Madrid and I guess need native people to work with us. I added you as a contact to see if I can send you private messages but I couldn't. Guess my skills with computers are getting better ahhaha. Check on profex.es which is a link where you can find information about how to work as an assistant.
A big hug
Raki

Hi Raki,

Thanks for your message. I've accepted your request!
Can you send me the link again, I can't seem to see it in this thread!

Espero tu vida en espana es muy bueno!

Un abrazo!

Ieuan

Hey there
I'm really keen to move over and find work too , i had the teaching english idea in mind however have a few concerns , could you perhaps help me?
regards
andrew

Hi Andrew,

I'm currently teaching for a company called Vaughan Systems who are an English teaching company. The good thing is with Vaughan, is that you don't need a TEFL or CELTA and they are one of the highest paying teaching companies in Spain. I would recommend these. As for other jobs I'm not 100% sure. Bar jobs can be hard to get unless you speak good Spanish, but I've heard you need to apply for them by handing out CV's.