Extend 30 Day Visa

Hi All,
How do I extend my Tourist Visa? -
I arrived 25 Sept and scheduled to return to Australia on 25 Nov.(60 days) - I have been told I have to extend after 30 days..............can anyone tell me how?  Much appreciated.
Edwin

Refer to your other post.  25 September arrival and 25 November departure is 62 days...not 60 days.  Your date of arrival counts as day one, and you must depart on the 60th day (after getting the extension on your initial 30 day VOA).

Overstay fees can be a nasty surprise at Ngurah Rai.   ;)

HI Ubudian,
Thanks for your advice and I will follow it up ASAP............. but WHERE do I go, and WHO do I see to extend my Tourist Visa to 60 days.

From the information you have given me I need to exit Bali on Sun 23 Nov so I will change my ticket accordingly - I appreciate all your assistance
Edwin

Edwin,

The immigration office is in Denpasar (if I am not mistaken), you can do it yourself but you should go there a few days before your visa expires because it can not be done in 1 day.

You need to bring your passport and also copies of your passport, your ticket and the visa on arrival, fill in the application and turn it in. Usually you get a receipt where you can see when to come back to pay for the extension, it is perhaps the next day. Then you get another receipt which tells you to come back the next day to pick up your passport. The costs are Rp 350.000 or USD 35 for the extension.

You can also look for an agent to care of it but it costs you more on the other hand you don't have to go to the immigration yourself various times instead you can relax on the beach or have a few drinks somewhere while waiting.

Overstaying cost Rp 350.000 per day so they may charge you this amount if you are late applying to extend your visa.

Yup...just as Tom says. 

The main immigration office is in Denpasar (Renon) to be specific...or you can also go to the airport immigration office located before you enter the terminal areas on the right.  Kantor Imigrasi is what to ask for if needing directions.

You do need to move quickly to renew your current VOA as it runs out this Friday, the 24th. 

Dress nice...long pants and a short sleeve shirt (no tee shirt, singlet or speedos), have alcohol free breath, be polite and you'll find the folks at either office to be very helpful.    :top:

Ubudian wrote:

Dress nice...long pants and a short sleeve shirt (no tee shirt, singlet or speedos), have alcohol free breath, be polite and you'll find the folks at either office to be very helpful.    :top:

Good point.
Long trousers, shoes (Trainers are acceptable), and a shirt with a collar (Polo shirt is fine).
That minimum dress applies at any office in Indonesia.

Also - a very polite manner.
That's always a good move.

However, watch those visa dates as you'll kop a fine if you're a couple of days late.
It isn't a one month visa - it's a very strict 30 days.

Indonesia is strict.  I've seen people at Chinese visa offices dressed like strung out hobos.

Not strict Hailey, just polite and respectful and expecting the same in return.   ;)

That sounds nice.  I wonder what it must be like to live in such a place.

I used to spend a whole lot of time in HK.  Are you saying it's no longer polite and respectful?

That depends entirely on your definitions.  Do you consider someone spitting on the ground right in front of you or blowing cigarette smoke directly in your face polite?  When I was hobbling around town on crutches, not a single person ever gave up their seat on the MTR for me.  I see pregnant women and very old people standing on trains while young, seemingly healthy 20-year-old men sit.  It's not my culture and I don't expect them to do anything my way, but that's not respectful by any definition.