Looking for mauritians in Toronto

Hi there

I am in Toronto since March 2011 and I guess I am somehow missing my friends in mauritius who were always ready to climb mountains, spend the day on a boat or at the beach or just meet at Caudan.

I am sure there are lots to do in canada but people here seem so busy and lonely. I find it boring to go to the zoo or visit places alone. Am also missing speaking creole..

I like to try new activities or simply go to the cinema and would like to have friends to go out with. If u like to laugh and don't like loneliness too, please contact me.

Hi Nazia,

this page can help : https://www.expat.com/en/nationalities/ … a/toronto/:)

All the best,

Julien

Hi and welcome to Expat.com Nazia1!

Maybe you could have a look at the Mauritian expatriates in Toronto network.
Hope it helps

Regards
Armand

Hi!

Technically Im not Mauritian, but I used to live in Quatre Bornes and I LOVE MAURITIUS and Mauritians, and consider myself an honourary Mauritian and also, since Ive been back, have been looking to make Mauritian friends and have been trying to...bring Mauritius here.

Its been hard, but there are quite a number of Mauritians around the city.
I would love to meet you. What are you doing here? Studying? Where in Mauritius are you from?
Would you be willing to let me pratiker mo kreol? LOL...Im terrible, but...trying!

:) benvenue a Toronto!

Hello Julien and Armand

Thanks guys. The link is very helpful. Ive made some new friends here..

Hi Ayesha

Merci.. I have PR and have a full-time job presently. I would like to have you as my friend..

Ce qui mone comprend, to ti Maurice et tone return Toronto, right!

Hi guys, I'm new on the website. seems cool. I'm from Mauritius, now living in Toronto and working as Electronic Technician. Looking forward to know more Mauritians in Canada. :)

HI, NAZIA,
HOW R U , I AM RABBANI FROM INDIA, I SPENT ALMOST 6 YEARS IN LONDON NOW I AM LOOKING FOR LIKE MINDED FRIENDS FROM CANADA BECOZ I WANNA MOVE FROM INDIA PL. TELL ME HOW IS LIFE IN CANADA HOW U ENJOYING PL. DON'T

HESITATE............ TO TELL ME , I AM ALSO LIVING ALONE HERE N LOOKING FOR BEST FRIEND LIKE U , PL. TELL SOMETHING ABOUT URSELF..WAITING URS REPLY.
[email protected]
[email protected]
o.k take care
ALLAH HAFIZ.

@Rabbani701- Could you please start a new thread on the Toronto forum and please do not use your caps lock on the forum.

Thank you.

salut de l'ile maurice
Je compte venir a Toronto en decembre.
Peut etre qu'on peut etre ami
je suis sur facebook aussi
Umar Lauthan
[email protected]
Jai 34ans et je sui manager chez amc

Hi Umar and welcome to the forum!

Could you please write in English in this Anglophone forum?;)

Thanks,
Harmonie.

Hi Umar

Great! Sure we can be friends. Ive met some mauritians here and they are very and helpful. Keep in touch.

Cheers
Nazia

Hi Nzia,

Hope you've made some friends by now. If you feel like speaking kreol, drop me a line.

Hello Nazia,

Please let me know if you would like to be friends. I know a few people in Toronto that I can introduce you to, and who speak creole. I really enjoy caudon too!

Hi Maur1

Oh yeah. It will be a pleasure to have mauritian friends. I am looking forward for that.

Thanks
Nazia

Nazia,
Yo cave contacter moi.  Nou cav fer camouad, share impe ban interets, sans plus

Nazia1 wrote:

Hi there

I am in Toronto since March 2011 and I guess I am somehow missing my friends in mauritius who were always ready to climb mountains, spend the day on a boat or at the beach or just meet at Caudan.

I am sure there are lots to do in canada but people here seem so busy and lonely. I find it boring to go to the zoo or visit places alone. Am also missing speaking creole..

I like to try new activities or simply go to the cinema and would like to have friends to go out with. If u like to laugh and don't like loneliness too, please contact me.

@Vishdev, in English please.;)

Thanks,
Harmonie.

Hey bnes mauriciens zot la? :D

MOI MO MANK MAURICE A MORT !! :(

Hi Nazia :)

Hi eshialy!

In English please :)

Armand

hayee how r u nazia ,, m neel from delhi india
wat r u doing in toronto???
can we became friends if u dont mind????

hey! whats ur name? Im Eshia :) de L'Ile Maurice aussi :)

Hello everybody, hope winter is treating you just fine, better than  what we imagined :) I also come from Mauritius.. Don't hesitate to contact me for friendship :)

Hi Zad,

I am also from Mauritius and looking for mauritians friends in the GTA to talk to and meet. It is a pity that we do not have a Mauritian café where we can meet and share a biryani or a few pairs of dholl puree, badia, gateaux piments, samoussas and a glass of alouda.

Regards,
Kumar

Hi Kumar

Sure, can plan something just after winter...

Hi everyone :) Mauritians are so hard to find in the GTA. I would also love to meet my Mauritian people here. We should have a gathering or something for everyone here missing our island.

Hello anushajogee,

Welcome to Expat.com!

This is an old topic. You might want to start a new topic on the forum or you can also have a look at our Toronto social network. ;)

Hi guys. Am confused. Wanted to move to canada for job but when am reading the posts here n elsewhere it feels like it's gonna b a cold n lonely place. Pls gv me yr views.
By the way am frm mauritius
cheers

First 1-2 years you feel the difference, then you get used to it.. Hey you get to enjoy snow :)

Nazia1 wrote:

Hi there

Hey I live in toronto I'm looking a Mauritian to hand out

:(

Hi anusha,
how r you...im yuvna...mauritian..just came last year to study over here..would like to be friend with u koz im kinda missing my mauritian buddies :)...hope to hear from you soon..xoxo :D

Hi,
Pls count me in for friendship if you don't mind an elder friend. I am in the Scarborough area

I am from Quatre Bornes, Mauritus and living in Canada for the past 30 + years. I always welcome Mauritian friends. Friends are never too many!!

It is always a good idea to make friends. Sharing the best of what we like here, hanging out sometimes or just being friends sounds nice.

Absolutely. I agree. The more friends we have the better.

Let's meet up soon in Toronto

Hello all :cheers:

Why not Create an Event to meet with other Mauritians around Toronto?

Set the event's place and date, and then you can send me a link of the event. We will invite Mauritians registered on the Toronto Network to help your meet up :top:

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com

Hi to all my fellow Mauritian friends ,I have been living in Brampton since 2012 ,it would be great if we could meet one of these evenings for a drink or even for a picnic  and get to know each other...If anyone has a suggestion about the location feel free to get in touch.
Christiane.