Visa/ For my Dominican Republic husband...Need help

I am living in Belgium,but non Belgium,but EU citizens.
I am in proces to get my ID card from Belgium.
I am married to Dominican republic citizens.
I want to invite my husband here to Belgium,ofcourse first i need
to wait for my ID/Belgium...My questions is how exactly should i invite him?
We want to apply for Schengen visa >90....Then when he will be in Belgium we would like
to apply for residence visa. We was thinking about visa type D at the first time,but
waiting time is between 6 months up to 1 year....Thats extremly long time for us. We are already
couple of months appart,we want to be together as soon as possible. So what should we do?
I am affraid he will not get visa maybe cause of wrong words in invitation letter....
Should i invite him as my husband or as a friend....Cause if i do as a husband they can tell ,, why are you not applying for visa type D " ?
Is here some one who knows how to do it right way?
Thanks

I am not a lawyer, expert or otherwise. What I can tell you is... I had no problem moving here. My partner (not married) just told me to get on a plane and I did. He is Belgian but when I asked him, he didn't think there should be any issues as long as you are an EU citizen. Once I arrived, we went together to the town hall to register. I was given a temporary permit while I awaited my permanent residence card. Then we applied for health insurance with no issues. All went quickly and smoothly. I brought my kids with me and within a week they started school.  I suggest, just go speak to your town hall.