New members of the Scotland forum, introduce yourself here

Hi... I am new to glasgow nd want to know the places of interest  :(  cos is boring for now

Hi,

My name is Rahul Patel and live in Glasgow. I am basically from Mumbai. I would like to meet Indians living in Glasgow, as i hardly have any friends and would be great. I am fun loving person and enjoy friends company.

Thanks
Rahul Patel

Hey
I don't know much about Glasgow it's a nice place people that enjoying arts.

Hello

I'm not an expat, I'm a Scottish lass living in Glasgow and would be happy to meet new people and possibly share travelling stories! Or give advice/tips to anyone new in the city   :)

Hey I don't know much about Glasgow it's a great city to live in I'm from Edinburgh

Hi everyone!
Most of my profile description already says all that needs to be known about me, nonetheless I am still deciding where to go, but my ideal locations would be Glasgow and Aberdeen. My departure from Italy should be set for the first half of January.
For the time being, I would be working, and then I was planning to both work and study there.
What do you think could be the best locations to find a job? My vision could broaden to other Uk locations, thanks already for any reply!
P.s, from what I saw so far, Scotland looks like a nice place to live in so I hope to get the change to settle down there for a while!

Hey
I can't hep you at his time I do not know that much about Glasgoi it's a nice city I'm from Edinburgh

Hey I'm donaldo from Edinburgh

hello everybody! My name is Tereza and i would like to live and work in Scotland. First, i will go there next summer for a holiday with my boyfriend. But of course i would like to meet some new people and make a lot of friends. I would like to learn my english more and more because, you know, my english is not very good. Than i will go back to the Czech Republic. After that, when i will have some information about Scotland and working there, I would like to go to Scotland again and of course, stay here for my future. For me it will be new beginning and I need help. So, I am finding some people, who can help me, who can tell me everything what i need and who can be my new friend.
Thank you for your time.
Tereza
Please, who can help me, send me a message. Thanks.

Hey
Its nice if you want to live up in Scotland WaT's basically needs are a fix residential were you can have your bills such electricity and so on to have a bank account this are details you have to handle on dayly basis.

Thanks for your answer.
Of course, i know that i need this things.
Bud I would like to meet somebody in Scotland who can help me with accomodation, with finding part time job, etc...
You know? And so, i will go there next summer for a holiday and i want to meet you.
If you can and if you want to write with me and chatting on the internet, please can you write me some message. We can be a good friends...

I'm sure we can be good friends but at this time I can't help you with any a como da tion fell very sorry for you .

I know, it is OK. I would like to get some information now, when i live in CZ, before my holiday in Scotland and before my beginning.. So, i would like to chatting with a lot of people who live there.
So, if there is somebody who can chatting with me about Scotland, please, write me...
Thank you!
T.

Okay stay tue

hi,,,
im from the Philippines currently working here in Hong Kong as nanny/ domestic helper.
I want to move to Scotland for a nanny job..
anyone can help me how to apply and the processing of visa..
thank you

Hi dadang.. There are few Indonesians in Glasgow to include me. Send me an email.

Hi everyone im veemul and im from mauritius..just moved to aberdeen... Hoping to make friends as i enjoy football and sports and im a bollywood music dj.... :) ....

Hi everybody, my name is Luca and I'm new in Aberdeen. Hope to know nice people here...who is coming to see the football match aberdeen-celtic next sunday?  ;)

Hi, I am Dedrianne and my husband and I are interested in moving to Scotland with our son after he turns eleven in 2017. We have a business on line in the US and would like to open a small store in a village maybe. We have no idea if that is possible but I am hopeful. My mother is a MacEwen but was born in the US. I love to hear anything about Scotland.

Hi Michelle, are you wanting to stay permanently also?

Hi Michelle

My name is Roger and I am from Trinidad and living in Leith for the past month

[email protected]

How did you come about making that move and what is Leith like?

Hi Guys. I am a graduate student in Economics and I love Scotland. I'll be a future expatriate in Edinburgh. I want to leave Italy, immediately after graduation degree in late April 2015. My goal now is to become a network of friends, I want to find people who have decided to leave Italy as me to find work in Scotland. And I hope to meet other people who are already living in Edinburgh. :) Thank you for your time. :)

Nayoka wrote:

Hi... I am new to glasgow nd want to know the places of interest  :(  cos is boring for now

Hi Nyoka,

the problem you will have is where to go first. There are lots of free great placesto go around Scotland. If you subscrive Scotrail they are always having offers for travelling if you're interested in going outside Glasgow.

EvanPeters95 wrote:

Hi everyone!
Most of my profile description already says all that needs to be known about me, nonetheless I am still deciding where to go, but my ideal locations would be Glasgow and Aberdeen. My departure from Italy should be set for the first half of January.
For the time being, I would be working, and then I was planning to both work and study there.
What do you think could be the best locations to find a job? My vision could broaden to other Uk locations, thanks already for any reply!
P.s, from what I saw so far, Scotland looks like a nice place to live in so I hope to get the change to settle down there for a while!

HI Val, You're right, Scotland is a great place to live. about your work prespectives, it will greatly depends on what job you're after and which area you would like to live in. Work market is on the raise in here but Aberdeen (because of the oil industry) has always been the richest area. For studying also it will depend on what area you are interested.
If you want some more information feel free to send me a message.

dorismarilyn wrote:

hi,,,
im from the Philippines currently working here in Hong Kong as nanny/ domestic helper.
I want to move to Scotland for a nanny job..
anyone can help me how to apply and the processing of visa..
thank you

Hi Dorismarilyn,
Visas process for the UK is getting harder and you will find a wall of obstacules to get one. BE VERY CAREFUL!!! with some scams offering nanny works in the UK and that will try their best to get their hands on your money. The best way for your visa is to get a sponsoring company that will support you in the application process.
A bit of a warning, it is expensinve and time comsuming to get a working visa. as alternative, but also expensive and long process, you can apply for a student visa.
Find information at: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat … mmigration

Divinia wrote:

Hi! My name is Divine! I just arrived 4 days ago and currently looking for a job here in Scotland. I was a former flight attendant and had worked too in the Italian Embassy in Manila as a Visa staff. I was also in the retailing business for 2 years selling antique furnitures which I was importing from India. Right now I have an online website called .. onefabulosity.com selling fashion accessories which I designed myself.

I am seeking a job particularly in the retail/hospitality/customer service  industry . I would appreciate any  help from the Filipino community here in Scotland or from any members of this organization.

Hello Divina,

Setting your own business is probably the best way to start working in Scotland as long you're ambitious and dedicated enough. My advice to you, and being a business person myself, is to give priority to quality trying to keep the price as low as possible. There are lots of low quality products similar to your ones but originality and good quality will prevail despite the still fragile economic times we are living here. You must change your number in your website to an UK one if you decide to stay as I am sure nobody will bother calling you on a foreign number, remember that what people will see is a Filipino number that will possibly cost a fortune to call.
For jobs, you are more likely to find something of interest at www.s1job.com but you will be asked by the employment agencies to visit them after you send a copy of your CV.

Hi im Joy from Philippines and currently living in glasgow now. Im here exactly 1 week today and I hope to know more friends and people around at the same time learn about this city.

Hi friend,

I'm half Venezuelan half Italian.  I wonder if you could tell me as accurate as possible what did you do to move to Scotland. . I'm very interested in this information.

Greetings

Thank you!  Just what I wanted to hear... how do you feel over there?  How's the lifestyle?

marymiracle12 wrote:

Hi friend,

I'm half Venezuelan half Italian.  I wonder if you could tell me as accurate as possible what did you do to move to Scotland. . I'm very interested in this information.

Greetings

Hi Marymiracle,

It will depend on your citizenship status. Being an EU citizen grants you automatic entry to the UK (or any other EU country). If, on the other hand, you have South American nationality (isn't clear on your question) then things get a bit more complicated.
Let's go for the first one:
EU citizens have the same privileges as British and can live and work for unlimited amount of time in the UK, you will need to apply for NI number and other tax related matters.
You should open a bank account and have some bills on your name (Utility bills or tv licensing) as that will make proof of address.
Then, assuming you will need one) you will start looking for a job. There are several websites that you can visit but most jobs (the good one mainly) are advertised by employment agencies.
There is a good choice of places for rent (usually is how all newcomers start).

For the hardest way (non EU citizens):
You will need a visa to come to the UK and because of the current politics getting a visa is getting harder even if you marry an UK citizen.
The easiest way is through a work sponsorship, this is when a company in the UK offers you a job to work here and will be responsible for guaranteeing that you will have work and a steady income while living here.
Another way is if you come to the UK for studying, you will need to apply to a university (or any other school) and after being offered a position you can then apply for student visa.
There are several other different types of visa and will take too long to explain about all of them. You should first of all visit the UK gov website where you will find lots of information
https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat … mmigration
Any other information you want, just send me a message :)

Hi

I am Rajender Arora, I got a job offered from Bilfinger Salamis. They are offered me Salary of  GBP 5200 per month.

Can you tell me whether this amount is enough to stay there for 4 member family.

Regards

Rajender Arora
:)

Hi! Thanks for the information. I have both nationalities by heritage... now ok I will take everything you said into consideration. Anyway what can you tell me about the weather and general activities ?

Hi everyone !

My name is Manon, I come from Paris and I arrived in Glasgow some three months ago to study at the University of Glasgow.
I've been hearing a lot of people speaking French in the street or in the shops, and I guess it can not only be tourists - I'm pretty sure there are French expats out there !
I plan on staying here quite a long time - 4/5 years Masters Degree, and then a PhD (maybe not at the University of Glasgow, it will depend on the opportunities), that's why I'm finally here.

Bonjour Manon  :cool:
There are a few "Francais" nationals in Scotland, you just have to find them :)

Hello! Being a blogger sounds like a dream job to me.. give me your blog adress to subscribe or  read some. I'm Venezuelan-iItalian Icurrently live in Panama City but I'm not really liking it here... I intend to move to Scotland round ends of next year (of everything goes well) I wonder what can you tell me about people there, are they nice to foreigners? How about jobs in tourism?

marymiracle12 wrote:

I wonder what can you tell me about people there, are they nice to foreigners? How about jobs in tourism?

@ marymiracle12 > Just to inform you that this thread is mainly for the introduction of the new members. :)

As you have some questions to ask, it would be best if you can create a new thread on the Scotland forum and post your questions.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

Hi there! My name is Aimee. I am currently living in New Orleans, LA. I have recently learned of a possible career shift that could take me to Scotland. I am trying to learn all I can about the area and people before I make my decision. Although the move wouldn't be for at least a year, I am all about planning and research.  I hope to hear from some people and maybe start building friendships to make the move and decision easier.

Hi all,
Being living here since last year June. Beautiful place. Miss sunny South Africa though.
Still trying to find my way around.

Hi, my name is Jeffrey and am a quiet and considerate person. Just want to make friends

Closed