Rent a flat or a house in Fortaleza

Finding a place to live is a priority when settling in Fortaleza. Your experience will be of a great help for the members who want to settle in Fortaleza.

Therefore, we have prepared some questions for you:

Is it hard to find a flat or a house for rent in Fortaleza?

How to find a home in Fortaleza: classifieds, real estate portals, real estate agencies?

How much is the rental for a house, an apartment?

What are the formalities or the required documents for renting an accommodation?

Which advice would you give?

Thanks in advance for participating!

Hi there!
I have lived and worked in Fortaleza for over 7 years.  I own rental property here as well...some for tourists and some for locals.
Most of the time there is choice in terms of apartments and flats to rent, but for High Season...especially Christmas and New Years, and Carnaval, you should book well in advance.  Some people, when they are here for Revillion...New Years...book for the NEXT year.
Finding beach houses is basically the same.  Houses outside the city are usually considered not as secure.
It's better for tourists to stay in apartments or flats in the Meireles area of the city.
You can find rentals from the classifieds in local newspapers. 
Be very careful when dealing with local real estate people because they have been known to take advantage of "Gringos"!
Rents have increased quite a bit since I arrived here 7 years ago.
Flats in the best area, which is the only area I would suggest, are in the range of R$1,500 to $2,000 depending on High or Low Season.
For long term rentals, you will probably only need a CPF number and a deposit.

Just Google Fortaleza Adventure!
Andy Neill
Fortaleza, Brazil

Thanks for your contribution Andy!

Harmonie.:)

Hi, this topic is really important. I'd like to know about agencies of rental companies I could check the places and the availability for an apartment for a long term (1 year). Does someone know about it?