Plan to come PNG in few weeks

Dear All,

I am Imran 34 from India, experienced Software developer (IT professional). Considering to move Waigani Drive, Port Morseby with contract employment offer which is still in progress. Initially plan to move alone and leaving family (2 kids) back in India.

Salary would be around 60K USD Gross with company accommodation and a car plus annually one month vacation with Ticket. Though the things are in very initial stage would like to gather info like Safety / Food / Tax / Savings (moderate lifestyle) / and is it ok to accept this package.

I am not expert in driving car so how about driving bike in the region. Appreciate for any Insights

Regards

Kan_98940 wrote:

Dear All,

I am Imran 34 from India, experienced Software developer (IT professional). Considering to move Waigani Drive, Port Morseby with contract employment offer which is still in progress. Initially plan to move alone and leaving family (2 kids) back in India.

Salary would be around 60K USD Gross with company accommodation and a car plus annually one month vacation with Ticket. Though the things are in very initial stage would like to gather info like Safety / Food / Tax / Savings (moderate lifestyle) / and is it ok to accept this package.

I am not expert in driving car so how about driving bike in the region. Appreciate for any Insights

Regards

Not a bad offer you will pay around 30 to 35% tax on that offer.
Forget a bike as this is a dangerous way to get around due to security concerns for expats.
Make sure the accommodation has security
For cost of living www.numbeo.com 
Regarding safety, never go out alone at night always with others
Take care if using an ATM,never flash cash around, never wear expensive looking jewelry
Always be aware of your surroundings

Thanks for the reply...

I understand bike riding is not safe, may I demand for company transport for drop and pickup (it would be safe as well) how about public transport / taxi ... is taxi easy accessible in Port Morseby.

I am picky eater, so how about availability of Indian food  :D

And reg Visa it seems most complicated and time taking process...should i wait rendering resignation in current cos its one month notice period

And the tax looks varying compare to other blog wherein quoted 42 to 48 %...is tax slab based on range of salary ? better if able to send back home min 2500 USD per month after all deductions and local expenses.

Pl suggest what else reasonably can i demand for ...i am not sure about the right compensation / perks / benefits for 8 yrs IT professional in the region.

Cheers

Ask company for pivk up and drop off just remember that you will need transportation for shopping etc

Indian food available

Visa can take up to 4 months or more 

Tax is based on how much you earn more pay more tax

The salary offered is ok do not be pushy for more as the company will get someone else.

Hi Imran,

Are you living in PNG now ? New reply. As i too have got an offer would like know about PNG. The offer you have mentioned is in PGK or USD ? Per Month or Annum ? package mentioned is excluding Car & Accommodation ?

Regards
KSB