Extended stay in Karachi?

I am planning an extended stay of several months in Karachi and would love advice on where to stay.  Ideally I would like to stay in a serviced apartment which is secure.  I can only find big international hotels which are much too expensive.  If anyone has advice, I would greatly appreciate it.

Hi

You can rent some furnish apartment or there are some guest houses in DHA and or Clifton area which are reletaviely safe and cheaper than big hotels so you can have.one or if you know somebody here who had membership inany club of DHA you can rent a room in that club which is much cheaper than big hotels.

Hello Yasmin,

I have membership of both DHA Sunset and DHA Creek Club, I will have no problem in arranging your accommodation.

Kindly send me a PM, and in the meanwhile I could check the rates. :)

There are many guest houses available which can offer a cheaper alternative to the major hotels. Prices would be around PKR 4-5,000 per night so much more palatable.

People prefer to live close to where they expect to be visiting most during their stay. If you can share additional details, I might be able to help you identify appropriate location to stay during your visit.

Regards,
Siddiqui

Hello Aamir,

Please note this post is more than one year old. :)

Hahaha, didn't realize that. Feel real stupid now. That's what happens when you are away for 2 years.

:)  it's ok NP .. humans makes mistakes...

wow,  Pakistanis are so much helpful, i didn't know, as when i moved to Islamabad, had similar problem, posted here on this blog, asked references, NO REPLY EVEN, :):D ,, wish i would have a feminine name,,, with US resident ,, It attract isnt ??  :idontagree:

Never noticed female or male member, does US nationality impress you? to me it does'nt. May be it is one way of looking at things. :P

Please members, guide me in detail where to reside in Islamabad, what places are better other than hotel or guest house for at least two months stay.  if someone is club member of some good Islamabad club, please offer me too through some connection like here someone offered to the lady,,, I am a Malaysian resident but born Pakistani, Me and my wife visiting now a days Islamabad... Thanks in advance for helping us and guiding us
b
On a separate note,,, no reason to be inspired with USA connection, but if you read the most of the posts added on Pakistan blog, you may agree with me,, here USA or Europeans residents attract the blog members most,,,at least on this blog, i do not know in reality how Pakistanis treat them..

Cheers  :)