South Africans in Dubai

I am Japie Venter from Pretoria in South Africa. My wife has received a offer to work in Dubai. The monthly salary is between 45000 - 50000 Dirhams. To us it look like a good offer and we consider moving to Dubai. I do not have an idea of what the living cost in Dubai is and if this will be sufficient. I will have to resign my job and go with my wife. It is a very difficult decision to make. I have never been out of the country. My wife want to go. Can anyone tell me more about life in Dubai for a South African

Hello Japiev!

I hope that other members will advise you soon.

Harmonie.:)

Japie, i have sent you an extensive email regarding expat to Dubai from SA as being a fellow "Pretorianer" myself

Hi Odi

Thank you so much for the message you have sent to me. I have received it but and was planning to respond to it during the day. Your message is very encouraging and I have in fact emailed it to my wife to show her the positive reply I have received from you. You told me a lot of stuff that we were not aware of. I will also have to resign my job and my wife will become the breadwinner. I have an ecommerce business that I can manage from anywhere in the world and I will be focusing on building the business. After I red you message it became clear to me that we will have to do some homework before we make a final decision. To me it still is a difficult decision as I will have to leave my family behind and we are very close to each other. My wife does not have any family in South Africa. From what my wife told me it seems like we will be going to Dubai during the 1st week of September to meet with the board of the new employer. I have applied for a temporary passport. I phoned the embassy and it seems like they do accept temporary passports. My other passport is not ready yet

I hope we will talk again and maybe meet each other. I can imagine that it will not be easy especially during the first few months.

Best regards
Japie Venter

Hi! I am from Ukraine, live 5 years in South Africa, married to the citizen of South Africa.

I would like to meet new people in Dubai.

Have a nice day!

Hi jozelina am here in Dubai we can meet or call me