7k a month cover living expenses

I was wondering what kind of life can be maintained on 7k a month for one person. Would one be able to cover rent, gym, Internet, petrol,  and food? If so, could someone give me an idea of what kind a neighborhood would be available?

Thanks!

I guess it isn't that bad. I almost started with same amount but accommodation & transportation were provided by my company.The following are average rates per month and definitely they vary according your consumption:

Home Rent : 1200 SR/Month "around 15000 annually in Rawda & Salama Districts"
Car Rent     : 2000 SR/Month
Gym            : 330 SR/Month "1000 SR per 3 months at Fitness Time Gym"
Internet       : 100 SR/Month   " STC 1100 SR per year"
Petrol          : 200 SR/Month
Food           : 600 SR/Month

Tarique1308 wrote:

Home Rent : 1200 SR/Month "around 15000 annually in Rawda & Salama Districts"
Car Rent     : 2000 SR/Month
Gym            : 330 SR/Month "1000 SR per 3 months at Fitness Time Gym"
Internet       : 100 SR/Month   " STC 1100 SR per year"
Petrol          : 200 SR/Month
Food           : 600 SR/Month

Thanks for the information; could you give me some information?
What kind of neighborhoods are those? Where is it located in the city( north or south)? did you have to rent he car, wouldn't it have been cheaper to buy the car? Have prices increased since you arrived?

The neighborhoods are located in center of Jeddah, They are reachable through Al Madinah Road which is the central main road of Jeddah that connects it from North where the Airport to South. Regarding Car, of course it is cheaper to buy car. There is a wide range of cars starting from 700 SR/Month for small cars. Prices are almost stable just slight change which doesn't count but it doesn't include cost of accommodation which is on permanent increase.

Thanks for the response. Does anyone else have an idea of what 7k a month might look like? I am really interested in hearing of anyone else can live on 600SAR a month for food. Thanks

You see, your spending is based on your earnings and spending habits. I know people who make 15K+ but only survive on 500/month on food and then there are some that spend 1500+/month on food. So really it's in your control.

As it does depend on ones and amount of consumption, could you  there any averages prices for staple foods? Fish, chicken, lamb, fruits, and vegetables would be a good start.

Hello Kanjizai,
                      A good indicator for you would be How much do you spend on food in your own country? For example if you spend 500 of your currency on food, then you should be able to spend 500 riyals on food as well, and so on.

This a general indicator which actually works well for these types of decisions.

Best Regards,

which city ?

2500 rent petrol is nothing food 1500  can do and 500 gym yes 7 k is good some people can even save it all depend on ur lifestyle

it all depend on you but i will try to lay some info for you i have no info about living in compound which most of the internationals do however living normally i can give some info
first where to live the average of living in an apartment with 3 rooms or less will cost between 15 k-20 k that's 1250 SR-1667 SR per month.
second transportation in my humble opinion buying a car is much easier then spending money on rent because when you finish you can sell the car for a good price (you should know what kind of car that hold it is price even after a while) the prices for and OK car start from 40,000 SR and can go up to 70,000 SR that's if you are willing to buy it cash if you are willing to pay per month the previous post is fair enough that it start from 999 SR per month.
Third food here is a big issue but in this city you can live with a minimum of 600 SR as one person suggested and you can go wild as will however for a balanced eating habit if for example you are buying your own food and cooking at home maybe go out once every week for a fancy or OK restaurant it will cost you something like this:
supplies for your home per week including meet vigies some fish milk and juice will cost averagely 300 SR per week plus 150 for one day out fancy restaurant trip that will add up to 2 k per month for food and drinks and you will be able to switch between restaurant and home made food but even this is considered above average i would say.
for internet and gym 500 per month should be enough however if you are a gamer like me that's another story :P petrol is nothing in here, however 7000 SR for a single person is more than enough to live comfortably and save some money on the side :D.
with all these info i hope i helped you in some way or another if you still need more help you can message me i know how hard it is to start in a new culture and welcome to Jeddah Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

Thank you, all of your responses have been quite  it has helpful.

It's not bad for starting, Sure you will safe more than 20% of it,
Jeddah is a good City beside not expensive.

Good luck here