Filipina wants to go India. Help!

Hello guys! I just joined this Expat.com which was told to me by my Indian boyfriend. I met him here in Manila when our company sent him for business travel but now he's back home and he's the reason why I want to be there too. He is currently having a hard time finding job here in Ph so second option is,  I will be the one to move in. I am currently looking for some information on how to get a job in India. How easy or how hard it is for Filipinos like us. I hope you can help me with some helpful insights on how to reach there like you. Please. Thank you!

Think twice po...mahirap expat sa india mhirap mg hanap ng work at mg seny ng money lalu na babae ka mdmi rapis dun ng work ako dun sa new delhi benihana im a expat chef lumipat nko company dhil d mganda sa india.and be sure kilala mu tlga bf mu indian.ingat

zooyork wrote:

Think twice po...mahirap expat sa india mhirap mg hanap ng work at mg seny ng money lalu na babae ka mdmi rapis dun ng work ako dun sa new delhi benihana im a expat chef lumipat nko company dhil d mganda sa india.and be sure kilala mu tlga bf mu indian.ingat

Hi zooyork and welcome to EB.

As this is an English speaking forum could you please post in ENGLISH so that other memebrs can undertsand your post and perhaps offer information or advice.
Thank you for your understanding.

Okay next time thank you

Hi Zooyork! Thank you for your reply. I know my boyfriend so well and he is very professional. He will take care of me when I reach India. So where in India you are located now?

Thats good if you know him very well..
Ask him what country he have hehehe...and also ask him to help you to find a job their. ive been stay in new delhi

Jane Miranda wrote:

Hello guys! I just joined this Expat.com which was told to me by my Indian boyfriend. I met him here in Manila when our company sent him for business travel but now he's back home and he's the reason why I want to be there too. He is currently having a hard time finding job here in Ph so second option is,  I will be the one to move in. I am currently looking for some information on how to get a job in India. How easy or how hard it is for Filipinos like us. I hope you can help me with some helpful insights on how to reach there like you. Please. Thank you!

hi there. i am filipina and i am married to indian guy from Goa. we got married here in Philippines last Dec2013. ive been to India third time and was planning to settle after we arrange all my documents. if u want to add me on facebook so we can chat properly.

Hello there kababayan kumusta po tayo..I'm currently in Delhi so any filipina nearby message me in private..salamat halong:)

tell me the exact place where u want go in india

what is ur facebook adress

Hi,
      kamastka?i can help you.you can come first to nepal on visit visa.you will get on arrival and after that you can go to india.i will assist you for that.one of my filipino friend from abudhabi just finish trekking in npal
                                                                        with regards
                                                               www.lakewaytravels.com

Hi. I need to be in Delhi. Sorry about my fb acct, but I keep it as private as possible. You can leave me a message here and I will surely reply. Thank you. :)

jitendra wrote:

Hi,
      kamastka?i can help you.you can come first to nepal on visit visa.you will get on arrival and after that you can go to india.i will assist you for that.one of my filipino friend from abudhabi just finish trekking in npal
                                                                        with regards
                                                               www.lakewaytravels.com

I dont understand. Why shld I go to Nepal with a visit visa when I can fly directly to India with it? 😔

Hi,
      it is ok as i have a travel agency and Nepal is very near to india so you can visit Nepal at same time with your boyfriend.

dear frnd good  afternoon, i  think  you better try to find jobs in delhi,kolkata, mumbai and goa, bec here most of the Filipinos are  located

jitendra wrote:

Hi,
      it is ok as i have a travel agency and Nepal is very near to india so you can visit Nepal at same time with your boyfriend.

I need to pay your travel agency when I reach Nepal. Only means to say that I would be spending twice as much. Not very practical, my dear. Thanks.

JaneeeM wrote:
jitendra wrote:

Hi,

I need to pay your travel agency when I reach Nepal. Only means to say that I would be spending twice as much. Not very practical, my dear. Thanks.

Don't go for these TAs in India, they are (like in many other countries) complete rip off, if not outright scams. Stay away from them.

As a Filipino national you can get Visa on Arrival (for tourism purpose - 30 days, can be extended) in India. Please contact Indian Embassy in Manila. They will guide you regarding Visa.

I assume, this is the first time you are coming to India. In that case, I always suggest you come here for a few months and see if you can get used to Indian lifestyle/culture etc. and also get to know your future-in-laws, perhaps. Based on your experience, you can take more important decisions later.

As for jobs, since you are NOT yet married to an Indian citizen, you may find it difficult to land a legitimate job. Since you are a working professional in Manila, your experience may come handy while finding a decent job with proper WP etc. There are international schools as well, just in case you want to be a teacher. Call Centres are ubiquitous but I won't recommend them.

In the long run, Job won't be much of an issue because you are a Eng. speaking experienced professional. But, as I've said before, it's the "getting along with the local lifestyle and culture" factor that often poses bigger challenges to most Asians visiting or living in India. Then again, there are good and bad, open and conservative, cultured and bogus people everywhere. So, give it a try and check it out, first.

Hope everything works fine for you and you enjoy your stay in India.

NB: As I have found over the years, most of my Asian friends (I have tons of them from all over) are completely IGNORANT of some of the very basic things about India, I mean culture wise, language wise, custom wise, behaviour wise etc. etc. It's a land of diversity and differences. The word "Indian" doesn't apply for Indians in India.... in anything and everything.

So, study a bit about the region you are going to visit, its people, culture and customs. That will definitely help you understand things better.

All the best!!

Adhi481 wrote:

dear frnd good  afternoon, i  think  you better try to find jobs in delhi,kolkata, mumbai and goa, bec here most of the Filipinos are  located

Thank you for the info. :)

@senwl, I love your post to this forum. I can say it is a very helpful advice I can get from anyone in this site.

My plan is to come to India and find a job so I can stay for long. I know it would be hard as living in another country will never be easy. Nobody said so considering all the differences I have to embrace.

However, I know that finding a job will not be easy for expats like me. So I plan to come and visit for a month or two, learn the culture, see the place, roam around and know how it is to live in India.

I have total of 6 years working experience in different call centers and I hope I find something good for me there.

Thank you again for the advice. Don't worry, I will keep then in mind. 😊

JaneeeM wrote:

@senwl, I love your post to this forum. I can say it is a very helpful advice I can get from anyone in this site.

My plan is to come to India and find a job so I can stay for long. I know it would be hard as living in another country will never be easy. Nobody said so considering all the differences I have to embrace.

However, I know that finding a job will not be easy for expats like me. So I plan to come and visit for a month or two, learn the culture, see the place, roam around and know how it is to live in India.

I have total of 6 years working experience in different call centers and I hope I find something good for me there.

Thank you again for the advice. Don't worry, I will keep then in mind. 😊

@JaneeeM,
You are welcome.

With 6 years of experience in CC, I am sure you can hit the floor here as Floor Manager, Operations supervisor, Senior Trainer etc. Higher the post you apply for, better is your chance to land a skilled job. Try the big names like Wipro, TCS, Tech Mahindra, HSBC etc. etc. They can arrange your WP faster than the smaller ones.

One of the key things I like about most Asian countries and its people is over there they have a sense of discipline. Chaos is almost everywhere (except in Japan, may be), but it hardly gets messy. There is a certain pattern in lifestyle and if one can get used to it (doesn't take long), one can carry on for a long time.
In India, as you will soon discover yourself, the chaos itself is bit messy ... and that mess itself is sort of a pattern for lifestyle. That's why it takes time for foreigners to get used to it. Once settled, you will surely have a great time here. India is a beautiful country with mostly friendly people.....just too many people, may be! :)

Please stay alert about your personal security, especially at night. Avoid isolated places.

Good luck!!

It will take a lot of getting used to. Thank you! Don't worry. When I reach India, I will not go out at night without my boyfriend. And he will not let me go too. He is overprotective. I think that is indianism. :)

JaneeeM wrote:

He is overprotective. I think that is indianism. :)

They have no other choice to keep their loved ones safe, at least while in India. ;)

hi
in initial stage you can get job in call center and spend time with this job and try to find more opportunity. you will soon get good job with good package if you have guts.

JaneeeM wrote:
jitendra wrote:

Hi,
                                                                        with regards
                                                               www.lakewaytravels.com

I dont understand. Why shld I go to Nepal with a visit visa when I can fly directly to India with it? 😔

hi
jitendra is right. first come in nepal then u can come india because between india and nepal no paper formality required. you can meet your boyfreind in nepal then your boyfreind bring you in india easily. go with jitendra. good luck.

lot of filipina girls work here in chennai . i have seen a function in nandambakkam (chennai) a group of filipina people celebrating cristmas and newyear . they have lot of fun try to get in touch with them u will feel like home.

Hello there Janee!!! Am Gemvi from the Philippines and residing here in India. If you are planning to come to India for Employment, first of all, you need to find a company who will sponsor you to work here OR  marry your Indian boyfriend and absolutely you would be  entitled for a PIO Card. Once you have this card, you can work legally in India. These are the two options that I could advice you. Take it or leave it! All the best

Hi janee! We're n philippines already.,I myself tried working in india for few months. Gemvi is right u need PIO card.. But u need to get married for a year to get it., in my case i stop working coz i was not able to secure my PIO card yet..they asked me to provide it after few months of working... So better try applying here for indian companies who might be able to send u to india for work. There are indian companies here.

first  ucan get tourist visa to india  ad  visa on immediate arrival is available at all airports inindia .  after u arrive inidia if your friend is able to accomodate you  in india no problem .  the hotels r cheaper than phli  and single room good hotel will cost you about  350 pesos equivalent of course non ac type room ..  .  you can serch the web and  you have not told abt yr qualification or experience . you can try  like receptionist  job here in any hotels in india. for which u serch the web and apply on line with inset of your photo.  if they callu for interview  and selected  your company has to apply for emigration office india  to accomodate you on job visa . the food style is totally diffrent here with spices

Hi to all my fellow Filipinos who are planning to come to India. Visa on Arrival is only available on selected airports in India. Don't be misled by others advice on this issue. Act smart and please try not to land into trouble. I suggest you visit the Indian Consulate in Makati and check with them before jumping into conclusion which you might regret for the rest of your  life! Just a piece of advice

This message is for  simplestory. I was in the Philippines last Christmas and I am trying to contact you but all in vain. Could you be kind enough to send me your contact details ( email or cell no. ). I just wanted to speak to you. Are you still in Manila with your husband who is with BGC?

Regards,

How did most of the Filipinos working here in India get their visas? Does anybody know of anyone who came as an employee (domestic helper/maid) of a family and was allowed? Thanks all, I agree this is a super helpful forum!

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please post only in English on the anglophone forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Same here.. I am searching for job in India but it's so hard to find.. Filipina-Indian LDR..  :(

Finding job for you in India is hard and same for him to get job in Philippines... if you marry him legally in India then chances are there for you to get job po... If you need any help message me 😊

then how?.. :-(

Do online jobs till you get job... Or u both try to look for job in other countries where opportunities are more for both of you...

It depends where r u finding jobs....while travelling on the road or mall?
There are so many jobs /vacancies In metro cities.
U need to search on internet properly with your qualification details.
Ofcourse u can not get govt. Jobs.
U should have skills/experience to get job.

Hi!
I'm a Filipina married to Indian  residing in Mumbai for almost 4 yrs now.

To tell you frankly what I did is I came here first as a tourist (6months tourist visa) or else you can do it short visit also just to see the place and culture and most especially the family of my Indian boyfriend. And after that you can decide if you want to further ahead.

Working in India is difficult what I experience so I waited to have my OCI and after that that's time I can work only but to have OCI need to wait 2 yes after marriage.

If you want further clarification just PM me.

Hello maam mhary! Thank you for the advice. Can i ask your facebook account so that i can message you quick because i am planning to go to india also. Thank you po

Send me a PM will chat there.