New members of the Hungary forum, introduce yourself here

Jó napot kívánok!

Though not the stereotypical Swiss, I am already planning my move to Hungary :top:

My biggest motivations to come live and work in Budapest are my Hungarian girlfriend and my father who has been living in Southern Hungary for over ten years now. Having travelled back and forth about 20 times during the last 5 years, I am finishing my studies of media and economics at the University of Fribourg.

In September 2014 I will pack my bags and continue tanulni magyarul... A kicsi nehéz nyelv, de jó :cool:

Looking for work from October 2014, my job search info should soon appear in the jobs section.

I will make sure to visit some expat meetings and gather/distribute advice on this blog in September. Looking forward to meet likeminded people.

All the best,
Lukas

Hi,

my name is Barbara. I am actually Hungarian, living in Singapore right now (my 6th country) and married to a wonderful Australian guy. I want to ask some questions about moving back to Hungary with a non-EU spouse. Hope somebody will be able to help me.

Szia!

I'm Russian, planning to move to Hungary as a worker. I am a computer programmer. My long-term plan is to become a Hungarian citizen - don't worry, I understand it's a very long shot. For now, I have a signed contract with Budapest-based company and I'm in the process of getting a work visa. I've also started to learn magyarul, with the textbook, and I plan to find some language courses in Budapest when I get there.

I enjoy ballroom dancing (although I am not a pro, and don't participate in competitions), movies, and TV series.

I'm also a programming languages geek, teaching myself everything in this area, even if it's not work-related (and it usually isn't).

Hi everyone,
I'm Rita a real "Budapester". I was born, living and working here. I like organic stuffs, music, arts, yoga and martial arts, vegetarian cooking and so on. I'm working as a drumteacher and also as a freelancer copywriter. If you need any help about where to buy this, where to find that or in any other general living questions maybe I can help you.

Have a nice day!

Hy Guys looking to sep a gest house
already worked in diferents countey on the same job

what sort of paperd i need like(Hmo) licence

or just rent a big house then i startt
pleade advice
regards
samy

hi
you need money

good luck

Hi my name is Giannis and i am from Greece and i am living and working in Budapest.I want people to hang out for coffee beers.My full name is Chatzigeorgiou Ioannis for facebook.
I hope everybody have nice time in raining Budapest. :top:

Hi, my name is Judy,  welcome..as I read it u r in GYÖR?!   so  are  we me and my husband, we retired here,  u need help?   can I help!?  I been here since  2008, we retired  here....let me know   best of luck!!

:)

Hi,  what do u need help with, maybe I can help u˘!   I am a hungarian  born  but lived in USA  for 50 years, retired here in  2008, let me know if I can help you with something,  wishing u the best,   Judy

From San Francisco in the states and just moved to Budapest and am looking to meet some people to explore and understand the culture with. I'll be here for the next few months up to december!

Hello, I am Francesco and I teach italian in Budapest :)
Szia, Francesco vagyok es olasz tanár vagyok, budapesten elek :)

you can find more about me here facebook.com/lezioni.italiano

I like knowledge, things like art, science, psychology, anthropology, history etc etc...

I do sometimes voluntary work...

[img align=L]blog[/img]

Hello there,

This red dragon has two tongues, Welsh and English, and also speaks Hungarian. Married to a Hungarian horntail, with  two boys, both bilingual Angol/Magyar, the elder teaching German and French in Framlingham, Suffolk.

The little one lives with us, aged 11, in Kecskemét, where he attend school. We've been together 25 years, ten years in Hungary, fourteen in Britain, and a year in the south of France (Cote D'Azur). You can find us on facebook on our 'Team Britannia Hungary' page, also 'Interlace' and 'Chalkface' profiles.

We've lived and worked all over England and Wales, Scotland and NI, plus Pécs in Hungary.

Hello All,
Visited Budapest several time, summer and winter, love it. I am George or Gyuri, hoping to retire in the next year and wishing to relocate to probably Szeged. So I wish to find out anything and everything about the city. Especially cost of living, such renting apartment in compared to buying. Would love the city center but would not be against the outskirts for a little 'country living' either.

Thanks for listening, am open to any information offered. I do speak hungarian (magyar) although need practice.

George

Hey everybody,
I'm Zsombor Roza, I'm a student and I am living in Budapest. I am really glad to find this group and this group.
First of all,I would like to meet new people and to get to know them. I really enjoy the international ground. I have always wanted to join a group in my country, where I can make new contacts and friends after all, for whom I can show my country and laters maybe I can visit their homeland, with a new culture, people and like these. It is a pleasure that I can speak with other people on a common language: in english!
On the other hand, I would like to improve my English, my pronunciation, etc.
Cheers! ;)

Hi!
I'm a Hungarian student from BP, if you need some help, or just someone who can show you the city or the landside, or if you just want to meet up with a Hungarian guy, please, just write me!
I am really looking forward to get to know new people!

Hey everyone!

I'm Hrvoje and I just love to travel with my girlfriend, we are from Croatia :) ...so we are planing to come to Budapest for New Year and meet some people and have fun!

I'm working as a programmer and my girlfriend is an accountant. :)

We were already in Budapest and we loved it!

Hope to find some people to hang out with! :)

Hi there!:)
Im living here and we can meet up laters! ;)
Just write me!
Oh, and I have been to Rijeka and I love it as well!:) All the Criatia!:)

Hi. In  Kuld You can buy a great House with 20000 euros.
WIth spaces for 10 rooms. May you stay there..And not is Budapest..with auto you may be in  1, 5  hours in Budapest..
From.kald the balaton is 1 hours with car..:)

I live in Szeged:)

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum, and wanted to say hello.  My name is Katalin (Kati), born in the U.S. Both my parents are Hungarian and immigrated to the the U.S. My father was a 56'er. I frequently travel to Hungary; traveling all over the country but spend most of time in Tokaj. I speak and understand Hungarian, and almost all my relatives live there. I also travel to Romania, to visit family members still living there too. Very big in Hungarian Genealogy, I've been tracing my ancestors since I was 14 years old.  VERY proud of my heritage, and collect most everything Hungarian.  I do some freelance photography work at festival in Hungary, (Hegyalja/Sziget). I really like painting, art, history and learning about different cultures. Currently I live in Atlanta, and hold various jobs and certifications; otherwise I am retired USN, and a rescue diver and Divemaster. I really enjoy talking to other people from Hungary and making new friends. If you're up for some friendly, conversation, or lighthearted debating, lol. Contact me.

Hello

I'm Trisna and will move to Budapest this Saturday, I am an HR Professional and I was working in Mercedes-Benz Indonesia for 3 years and several local bank in Indonesia.  I will be staying in Budapest until 2016, so hope we can meet up later.

Hi Kati. If you're interested in working as a teacher of English here in Hungary, please contact me. We're a charity, so no charge. You just need a degree and a TEFL/ TESOL Certificate.

Hello My name is Nurmazlina, i just arrived 1 month ago and going to work and stay here for 3 years. i am looking forward to see, learn and explore more about Hungary and slowly learning Hungary through my phone Apps  at the moment :)

Hi there,
If you wanna get some friends, or if you need some help, just write me, im living here, i can show you the city, helping you learning the language and so on.
My skype is: zsombor_
Email: [email protected]
Cheers,
Zsombor

hi, i  am paul ,
looking to meet ex pats as i arrive in budapest next week and i think i may be one of the few people who has never visited before !
I am looking forward to living in this great city,meeting new people and trying a few beers ,I am from Manchester England (the red half) so have some experience in beer but their is always room for improvement.

Hey Paul, when you wanna arrive? And how long will you stay? We have to meet up!;) just write me when you are here!
Cheers!

Am Ishmael Hayford a Ghanaian and live in Ghana, I am Polytechnic Graduate HND General Agriculture, who would like to come to your great country to know much about agriculture, but currently I work with the ministry of food and agriculture.

thank you.

Hi there,
Does anybody want to participate at the meeting whick I organized? It usually takes place in Budapest, at different places, like pubs, bars, and so on! It's up to you if you come ir not, just please let me know if you wanna join us! Just send me a message here, or by email: [email protected] or skype: zsombor_
Cheers,
Zsombor

Hi, I am from Gyor, but lived in the USA  for 50 years,  just came here in 2008..... staying   in Gyor....let me know what u have to have help with....please write  to me   at www.szigethyi@yahoo.com,   if I can help u I will....  Regards. Judy :)

Hello everyone!
I am NataShka. I came from Russia and at the moment live in Budapest.
Love this city. City where I got MA degree in Political Economy, found new international friends and met my big love.
I am working in a wonderful company that helps people search their roots and families. At the same time I have a hobby of my life. For more than 10 years I am playing music. I like to sing pop and soul.
My aim is to find friends who would like to create a music band with me here, in Hungary. I also would be happy to find a good piano teacher and communicate with talented people of Budapest. Please, feel free to write me!

:heart:

Hello guys & gals.. New to Expat.com and new to this forum.. don't know how much luck ill have here, as other websites have disappointed me where such free forums are available for real people to connect.

so, here goes,, by way of introduction for the first time (hope) if suffices to say that im an expat from the US and would like to make new friends in places I visit.. as travel is a passion with me and i like to learn about people.. cultures..anything new and interesting.. currently in Dubai...

OK so more about me during our one on one.. where we can exchange info about places to see things to do,,etc..I have lot of exchange info for you..

cheers
Sid
[email protected]

I am a Ghanaian born live in Ghana and stay at Kumasi where the golden stool is, I will let you know more of the exciting thing in my country.

Hello Expats!
I am coming to Budapest in mid May 2015.  I plan to stay 2 to 3 months to see if I like it enough to want to live there!  I live near Chicago & have lived my entire life in the USA altho I have traveled thru Europe for the last 20 years!  Really!  I have seen very little of the US but can tell you a lot about places in Europe!  I come about 2 to 3 times a year & was last in Budapest in April.  I have been there for a week at a time about 6 times & think it is a beautiful city!

I am Hungarian on my mothers side & when I turned 50, I met all of my family living in Hungary.  It was the best trip I have taken!  In fact, relatives still live in the duplex that my grandmother & grandfather grew up in.  Sadly tho, none of my relatives speak English so I am anxious to establish relationships with other English speaking expats before I venture on this adventure.  I must admit, living in a city where I know no one & do not speak the language is very different than just visiting; it is a bit scary in fact.

I am very outgoing & friendly.  I love art & artisans and appreciate cultures that are different from mine.  I love meeting Europeans & my dearest friends are from countries other than my own.  America is a wonderful country but, having a deep appreciation of European Art, I am naturally drawn to Europe.

I love to travel, to arrange group travel though I am not a travel agent, reading, music, museums & cultural experiences.  I love the water & boating as well as walking but, must say am not sports minded.  I loved going to the baths in Budapest & admire the fact that people actually take the time to relax in such a lovely way!  I also enjoy dance, music & theatre.  Love restaurants & cafe's & people watching.

I have a teacup Yorkie who weighs just 2 lb. 4oz, is 10 years young & is very loving.  She will be coming with me!

I would appreciate any extension of friendship before I embark on my Budapest adventure!  I am sure as time goes on, I will have a million questions & will appreciate any advice or suggestions given!!!

Hi everybody!
I'm half italian half hungarian native speaker, currently in Budapest looking for a job. I'm experienced in translations, teaching and customers care.
I like this city, so warm, so beautiful, so enjoyable...always loved it!

Sziasztok! :)

Hello everyone! My name is Alina, i am russian, i moved to Budapest together with my friend 2 years ago, but dont speak hungarian yet..:)  love this city, great place to live!

Hi, I'm Sophie and I moved to Budapest a couple of months ago from England.  I've made a few friends here but it's always difficult moving abroad so would be great to get to know some more people.  I'm 28 and work as a researcher at one of the universities here.  A few things I like doing: rock climbing, singing, playing the ukulele (?! I know...weird), food, wine, dancing.  It would be nice to try and get a few people from here together for a drink or something, so if you're interested reply to this message and maybe we can organise a group get-together.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Sophie

Hi, I´m also new around here. I´m from Portugal! I´m also looking to meet people and get more confortable around this city.

Go on line and apply at GE in Budapest, not in Gyor but Hungarian not needed.
www.ge.com/careers

My name is Kathy and I am looking to make friends with other Americans here in Hungary. I just moved to Hungary in October and would like to socialize with fellow Americans.I have not been diagnosed with it, but i'm pretty sure I have an extreme case of social, so being in a new country without any friends is tough...

Selamat datang, Trisna, I am Valeriya from Kazakhstan and I stayed in Jakarta for 7 years. Now I moved to Budapest for two years, until summer 2016. Please contact me on Facebook    <Lera Alimzhanova>, so we can stay in touch maybe you can help me to find here some nice places with Asian food; I am missing Indonesian food here, hehe.

Closed