Fastest way to send a package/parcel in Philippines

Hi all!

I would like to ask if anyone of you had tried sending a package out of vietnam?

I bought some local vietnamese goodies here in VT and sent it home, i went to the post office and they said the fastest is by plane and it's within 3/4weeks costs 2M VND for 17.5klg . For me it's too long and expensive since Philippines is just a neighbor country of vietnam. I used to send packages from Dubai to Philippines before (by ship) and its taking 3weeks but that was middle east to asia.

I want to find a logistic  company that can make a fast transaction/delivery.

Today my package arrived in Philippines but suddenly, it wasnt door to door so my mom needs to take it from the Philippine post office and pay some taxes.. :(

Please let me know.

Thanks a lot and god bless xx

veronica

HMG are they joking it takes 3 days by plane .................from anywhere in the world !!.............but you did go to a Post Office its not the place to send things ..............you need what Air Freight go to the people that  do that every day of the week .................yes others can do it but you will find it costs more slower they useless that will be the Post Office
DHL do door to door..............the Philippines is always hard place to send things to hmmm what you paid was cheap if it was Air Freight i cant believe it HA..............but it was the PO  ship plane all the same to them .........you will have to pay tax but careful you dont pay it twice !
i cant give you a simple answer you will have to do your home work on this one ...........it depends where you are where its going to ..........HCM to Manila should be simple other places a nightmare !

I haven't tried yet but there is a transaction/delivery service to out side Vietnam on Trung Trac - Trung Nhi street, next to Kim Hien jewelry. ( Trung Trac - Trung Nhi st is next to Bacu st. also )

You can come there and ask for further information. :)

DHL is an extremely expensive courier to use - wealthy companies and governments use it as they get walloping big discounts which YOU don't.

Other carriers also get/give discounts to other carriers.

First look at: [ http://vintage.johnnyjet(DOT)com/Courier-Companies.html ] This is a general guide to couriers in different countries.

Then look at: [ http://www.jneintl(DOT)com/jne_partners.html ] You will see that the Phil's and VietNam fall under the same region.

JNE/VietNam Post are partners - and JNE is about half the price of DHL. So go visit the Post Office.

P.S. Just substitute a period (.) for (DOT).

Thanks zanchun! The ate they sending door to door?

DHL is just crazy, i usually use that whenever i need to send an important document as soon as possible but i wont think of using it for sending a package.. Yes, i pay 2M for an air freight but it was 3weeks! :( and now my mom will claim it and need to pay some taxes :/ thought it was door to door!

Thank you for the infos and i will check on that.. 😊👌

Actually, sending package to Philippines is very easy, here in Vietnam it's too hard :/ and expensive. I used to spent around 800,000vnd when i was in the middle east for the delivery and the box was so big! No weight and you can put whatever you want in the box.

Too bad they dont have LBC here in Vietnam (Philippine local courier who has branches all over the world evn in europe and U.S)

iamunicaija wrote:

Thanks zanchun! The ate they sending door to door?

I've checked this morning. What a pity that they've stopped working. Sorry. I'll ask my friends about this.

being a importer we ship things all over the world ........DHL yeah you pay a lot for door to door that's very true but if you add in the cost of picking things up what have you saved ?? they can be trusted and 100% safe .......cant say the same of the Post Office
We get A/F from Australia to the UK in 3 days its not we pay more that's how long it should take

isisian wrote:

...DHL yeah you pay a lot for door to door that's very true but if you add in the cost of picking things up what have you saved ? ...cant say the same of the Post Office

Just like JNE at half the price! (JNE occasionally uses DHL as a Third Party, gaining a substantial discount in the process off DHL prices, for destinations they don't cover!)

Today called my mom and she will pay 50% of the price value of my package :( it's too much and almost half the price of the package!

iamunicaija wrote:

Today called my mom and she will pay 50% of the price value of my package :( it's too much and almost half the price of the package!

Ouch!! that really hurts your pocket!... If you were in HCM, I know someone that I can refer to you when sending Balikbayan Boxes.

iamunicaija wrote:

Now you can understand what i mean DHL may cost more but when cheaper is not really cheaper did you save anything ...No
yes carriers work together what they pay and what we pay is a different story .........its not shocking that's how business is done
I dont say DHL is wonderful at the end of the day all you want is your package delivered in a time and at a price that's fair..............when you start paying more once it has got to its destination that's nothing more than a scam of course there will be tax duty but that's at a known and fixed amount on the cost of the goods and tax set on them you expect to pay that................i do understand for a lot of people it comes as a nasty shock ......yeah tax is nasty and fair we all have to pay it

Sayang kuya! May LBC ba dito sa Vietnam?

Hi Veronica,

Just want to know which is the address of post office that need to get the package? And how.much the taxes that u need to pay? Because my packahe.almost 2 months still not coming yet to my home address. We make follow up to our municipalities in post office phil. But they cant answer and they just said maybe still in customs?..

Hoping that you can give me the address of the post office main to.follow ups...

Thank you so much..

Hi all.
I need information on how to send parcel from vietnam (ho chi mihn) to philippines. I need one that is not that costly and door to door service.

Your reply will be highly appreciated guys!

nonesee wrote:

Hi all.
I need information on how to send parcel from vietnam (ho chi mihn) to philippines. I need one that is not that costly and door to door service.

Have you read any of the posts above yours?????

@ nonesee > Would you be so kind to read from the beginning of this thread please? All information has already been given. ;)

Have a nice day

Priscilla

Priscilla wrote:

@ nonesee > Would you be so kind to read from the beginning of this thread please? All information has already been given. ;)

Have a nice day

Priscilla

Yesterday 17:18:03
bluenz

bluenz
ViP

Quang Ngai
    2013-08-06
    1309 posts

Re: Fastest way to send a package/parcel in Philippines

nonesee wrote:

Hi all.

Have you read any of the posts above yours?????

Haha, that's what I said yesterday , DID YOU?

Hi! I went to VT post office and paid around 2.2M VND, when my parcel arrived in Ph. I was expecting it'll be sent directly to my friends's home but it arrived in the post office of mandaluyong :(

We paid approx 5k php in total for the tax. It suck really! (Almost the same cost of my package) :(

And by the way, i sent it thru air not by ship and it took almost 3 weeks!

When i was in Dubai, i paid less and in just  1month, my family received it.

I don't know why it's taking so long here the fact that Vn is near Ph

I did read all but i didn't find any useful information.

Hello.

My wife and I came across your details in one of the blogs about  Vietnam - Philippines courier service.

We are going to Hanoi pretty soon and will be buying lots of Vietnamese Coffee. Could you recommend a forwarding door-to-door company cheaper than that of DHL or FedEx? Or even cheaper than the Vietnam Post for that matter?

Thank you in advance.

Jerome & jang

Maybe you can try to ask balikbayan box service of Mang Peter,
I may not allowed to post a link here, but you can search him on Facebook "Peter Cadelina"

send to us sir check MSE balikbayan cargo and trading

iamunicaija wrote:

The ate they sending door to door?

Could you clarify this question?  Did someone eat the parcel?   :/

iamunicaija wrote:

We paid approx 5k php in total for the tax. It suck really! (Almost the same cost of my package) :(

These sound like import duties levied by the receiving country?  If so this is an issue you should bring up with your own government.