New members of the Bulgaria forum, introduce yourself here

Saffy,
There are much nicer and less expensive places, to buy a holiday home in Bulgaria, than Sofia imo :cool:

my name is ross. i'm british and  i'm living and working in sofia. been here about 4 months. still finding my feet and looking for some nice places to hang out. i like hiking, good food, art and culture and hanging around in cafes. would be good to meet some new people here.

Hi i have a place just outside of ruse near byala, i have been getting it renovated by a local builder from ruse while paying for the house on monthly terms, it is near completion now, just external now that will need looking at which i look forward to doing, could do with some places to find wood burner stove, furniture shops, diy etc... anything you can tell me will be helpfull i was out here in april and will be out again in may 2015. there is a new flight operator from liverpool airport flying into bucharest which is going to be useful, as the drive from sofia is ok but nearer will be better. cheers steve.

Hi, Everyone!

Is anyone living in Varna? I just moved here a few weeks ago!
May

Howdy Mcmilla27.I do.Give me your email/skype and i can help you if you have some questions.

Hi ... im looking to move from the uk to bulgaria. Im a plumber/heating engineer and i am also a very good all rounder . I can tile . Plaster . Repair roofs . Fit windows and doors .. i am looking to move out soon and i am just wondering what are the chances of getting work out ther ? I would really appreciate any help or info you could give me ... many thanks keith

Hi May,

I dont live in Varna (yet), but try to spend 5 or 6 weeks there in the summer.

There arent that many Brit expats there, but in the summer months they tend to congregate at The Sun Dogs pub, in the centre.

How did you come to arrive in Varna, and are you liking it so far?

Myself and my partner are looking to move to Sofia soon. He has been having phone interviews with a company amd there is a high possibility he will get the job. I am struggling though. Any tips? Also is it expensive to rent an apartment in Sofia? Whats the best way to get a job there? Please help! X

Hai guys,

I'm Robbi from Jakarta, Indonesia. Already resign from my job in Indonesia to move to Sofia Bulgaria at the end of this year because my wife move her work to Sofia. I was a senior consultant in strategic management, strategic human capital and strategic information technology. I hope i can find a new job in Sofia too. I love travel a lot, meet new people, and make a mutual network.

RE: Is it expensive to rent an apartment in Sofia?
Sofia, being the capital, is expensive by average Bulgarian standards,
but it is NOT expensive to rent an apartment, by UK standards.

Hi i have brought myself a house in the village of Makariopolsko. I would like to know does anyone no any good roofers that are not to expensive, i have other works that need doing but want to start on the roofs fist..

Dear Sir ,

When has this work to be done and do you have a picture from your property ?
                                        Axinia
[email protected]

Dear Keith ,
For serious people there is a lot of work in renovation of properties . My partner is a Belgian builder and  works all over BG . But you can not expect to ask prizes like in EU or UK . If you want more information you can always send me  a mail .
                                                               Axinia
[email protected]

hi look up petar kralev from BG-property group, he has done all my renovations I can not fault him, I have a house just outside Ruse he lives in Ruse too.
Cheers steve clark.

I am in Bulgaria on the 27th nov.. Would rather someone comes over to the property as, as a builder myself i don't think you could quote a price from a photo.. i will leave my number and if you know of any roofers around the Tagovishte area you can get them to call me from the 28th onwards. 07932111222 thanks for your reply. PS what i can tell you is tiles need to be removed, wall plates put in and new timers throughout, felted then old tiles to be replace, not a small job as this includes House and Barnes..

rusty123 wrote:

I am in Bulgaria on the 27th nov.. Would rather someone comes over to the property as, as a builder myself i don't think you could quote a price from a photo.. i will leave my number and if you know of any roofers around the Tagovishte area you can get them to call me from the 28th onwards. 07932111222 thanks for your reply. PS what i can tell you is tiles need to be removed, wall plates put in and new timers throughout, felted then old tiles to be relayed, not a small job as this includes House and Barnes..

Hi all! Anyone interested, today at 4.30pm I'll be in front of Alexander Nevski cathedral. I am italian and as said already I recently moved to Sofia, where I'll be living for a few years probably. I am still looking forward to meeting people to hang out with. I'll be meeting there with an italian friend who's leaving Sofia in a few days. To recognize me: I'll be standing if front of the entrance, wearing a grey hoodie and a brown jacket. Have spectacles and grey hair. That should be sufficient :D My name is Claudio
See ya!

Hello dear expats,

I am from Bulgaria and currently I am living in Sofia. One year and a half ago I was an Erasmus student, so I had the opportunity to meet different people from very interesting cultures. That`s why I decided to write in that forum because I would like to meet and know new people. Also if you need any help about accomodation, job or travelling around Bulgaria I would like to help you. Don`t hesitate to contact me if I can be useful with something. Here is also my email:

[email protected]

Regards!

Hi,we are an Asian/German couple,lives near Sunnybeach for over a year now.Have good Bulgarian,German,Russian and English friends.Been living in the middle east,asia and now Bulgaria.Hope to find some friends so that we can share our experience.Could not speak the bulgarian language yet but hope that I could learn it.

Hi.
Just want to move out of UK, and Bulgaria seemed a good place to start. Now 69, have state pension. and Bulgaria seems to be on the lower scale of prices, so money should go further.
So all advice will be appreciated and replied to.
Sharman

Go for it mate its a lot cheaper then the bloody UK i am going for Bulgaria too in January

There is no denying, it is very cheap in comparison to the UK.
I'm surprised more people don't consider it, especially if they want to retire early.

Thanks. Will appreciate all your knowledge on Bulgaria ie costs of Visa, visa requirerments  accomodation. etc

There are one or two other Bulgarian forums busier than this one, that might be able to give more advice, but dont think I am allowed to list them on here.
I'm sure any members on here will help the best they can with any questions you have though. :)

Sharman wrote:

Thanks. Will appreciate all your knowledge on Bulgaria ie costs of Visa, visa requirerments  accomodation. etc

Hiya and welcome to Bulgaria, as an EU  citizen you don't need a visa, just come to visit first to see if Bulgaria is for you but most of all find the right area
Sihemt

Hello , I am Amit from India now in Sofia since last month.

I am looking forward to make friends. Also if someone who could teach me Bulgarian and help me with my work.

Hey all!
My partner and I moved to Sofia a week ago. Going to be moving into Poligona near the mall/mega park soon. We still haven't met any English folks around Sofia yet. Anyone interested in arranging a coffee meet or something? Would be ace to make some new expat friends :) x

callme

kelseydinn wrote:

Hey all!
My partner and I moved to Sofia a week ago. Going to be moving into Poligona near the mall/mega park soon. We still haven't met any English folks around Sofia yet. Anyone interested in arranging a coffee meet or something? Would be ace to make some new expat friends :) x

yes

Hi all, moved over to a rural village near VT eighteen months ago and love the life we have here

hey all i am moving to my home in karlovo in the middle of bulgaria and i am in need of work well i am there i have a full uk driving license and will be taking my english car there as i will be driving over i am 21 years old i have worked on building sites in bars as dj and also barmen i can work as part of a team and on my own i only speak english but will be learning bulgaria when i move there so if anyone knows any jobs there please let me know i have looked everywhere hope to hear from someone soon
Best wishes
Joseph

Hello All,

I'm British and have been living in Bulgaria for a few years, but have recently moved to a larger village closer to the coast in the Burgas region .... it's almost like starting again though not as mysterious or quite so exciting :)

Happy to hear from any potential new friends, and look forward to it.

Stay warm all!

Mitch

Hi we've lived in the Targovishte region for coming up to 3 years, plan to be here for a few more years yet, although France is always calling even though we are both English.

Hi All,

I've been in Sofia for approx two months. I'm working here for a year teaching English. Originally from Liverpool, England, moved to Ireland twenty years ago.

Enjoying the challenge of living in a new city.  I love the arts and live music, hopefully when I'm settled in I'll have the  opportunity to sample some of what Sofia has to offer.

Jan

Hi Everyone,

I've been in Sofia for two months now, working here for a year. I've set up a meetup group: Sofia fun Meetup of British and Irish Ex-pats. All English speakers are welcome to join, . We had one Meetup a couple of weeks ago. We all had a nice relaxing chat and met new people, it's a good way of exchanging views and ideas.

Have found this site to be helpful as people from 'back home' can give great insight and support to us ' newbies' in BG.

Jan

Hey everyone i have just moved to sofia from the uk and would like to meet new friends.. Please drop me a message if you would like to meet up for a coffee or something :)

Hiya,

Currently living and working in Peterborough UK but hoping to be able to retire sometime sooner rather than later. April 2016 is a date we are actively working towards. Looking at places in Bulgaria but no plans firm or otherwise yet.

Hello Megsie ,

Welcome in our beautiful country ! One advise .... stay near a little city !
                                                                           Axinia :)

Hiya Axinia and thank you for your advise. All is gratefully received. We would like to be reasonably close to the Turkish border, and yes, near a sizable town is a must for us.

M

Closed