Is it possible for me to personally sponsor a maid from Philippines?

I'd like to sponsor someone to come here and work with my family.  This was possible in Dubai but I can't seem to find info here about it.

Someone told me only doctors and engineers are allowed to sponsor maids - bit random - is that right?

Your employer's HR department has all the details on the eligibility of expats who qualify to sponsor a driver or a maid.

a) They have list of  15 odd professions that include doctors, engineers, surveyors, all types of managers.

b) Minimum salary of SR 16000 K

c) Your family status ie wife and kids justifying need for a maid.

d) A proof that she will be provided with a separate room for accommodation.

Thanks. I asked my HR department and they didn't know.

I'll tell them this and ask them to chase it

Thanks

hi
will keep it short, you need to go to the office which issues visas they will let you know if you are eligible.but before that you need to pay the govt. 2000 sar via your bank account. when filling the form for the maid/labour you need to mention the nationality of the so called worker. then the visa office for this work i. e. maktab istigdaam will tell you whether you are eligible or not? this is in short if you want to save the trouble find a maid agency.
if you require more details message me on my inbox i have gone through the process.
regards