New members of the Belgium forum, introduce yourself here

Hi everyone,

My name's Dimitri, I'm a 27yo (born, raised and) living in Antwerp, Belgium.
Anyone who seeks help, information, a chat, .. - feel free to get in touch!

Why am I posting this, as I'm actually not an expat?

Well, I'm in a relationship with a beautiful Australian girl (midwife) who made the loving move around the world to come live with me. Great isn't it? Exactly! So, this has given me some insight on how exactly expats are finding their way..
And believe me when I say - it can be difficult and frustrating sometimes moving to a country/city where you don't know anyone, don't speak the language and try to create a social circle.. !

So, whoever finds him/herself in this situation - feel free to contact me/us.

Best of luck,
Dimi

I am Engr. Sharif Mahmud Bhuiyan from Bangladesh. I am a graduate Mechanical Engineer and have 5 years experiences in different factories in Bangladesh. Presently i am working in a Foods factory . can i get a job and job visa in Belgium from Bangladesh. If so, what is the procedure to get a job in Belgium.
any one want to share with me details-
e-mail: [email protected]

Hi Sharif,

Khemoen achen?
I was actually in Dhaka last month visiting family, small world :).

First steps you will have to take is get your diploma recognised in Belgium, which you can more information about on this website http://www.belgium.be/en/work/coming_to … fications/

You can find all the necessary information on following website with all steps you need to take.
http://www.belgium.be/en/work/coming_to … rmalities/

Be aware, that a lot of jobs request you to speak Dutch and/or French and/or English!

Hope it helps, best of luck!
Dimi

hi Dimpie ,
nice to hear from you in Bangla.
Thanks for suggestions, unfortunately i am not getting the link you provided, please send the link to my personal mail: [email protected]
However i think you enjoyed living in Bangladesh.

Thanks
Sharif

Done!

Gr. Dimi

Hello everyone,

I'm not a real newbie in Belgium but i consider myself to be one, 34 years old, I work as a an I.T Manager in an arab embassy in brussels.

Looking forward to make new friends, meeting new people and improve my French language =)

Very nice to read this :P

hello!
i read your post and would love to ask you some questions, if possible.
my husband just got an offer there, and we want to make sure it's good before coming... do you mind if we pick your brain?
we will be coming from canada.
thanks!

Hello everyone!i'm joanna po from Paris, France. Filipina po.. our team, STA. LUCIA LAND INTERNATIONAL, is planning to go to belgium po.but we don't know anybody there. Kaya sana po mameet nmin ang mga kababayan na nasa belgium to get to know each other po.

Hi all,

If you have any questions about daily life in Belgium (mainly Antwerp) or need any info, feel free to send me a private message. I can't promise you all the answers, but I'll do my best :).

Cheers, Dimi

j'habite en BELGIQUE et je désire aller en ESPAGNE

il live live in Belgium and i want live to Espania

:top:

Hi guyzz

I am nazeer from srilanka currently live and working in qatar as production manager in media and advertising feild past 7 years.i am palning to visit belgium nov 15th .please advise me good place to visit.thanks

double registration of my birthcertificate

hi everyone!

anybody of you who can help me..

I applied in the belgium embassy last april 2014.. unfortunately it was denied.. my partner decided that i will apply again,,now the time when I requested for a copy of my NSO birthcertificate I got a copy with a different family name when I tried to asked the NSO about it they told me that I had a double registration.. now my problem is I have to start from the beginning again get another passport,when I was in the DFA they asked me to file a cancellation of my birthcertificate,,now when I already got a lawyer he told me that in law it should be the first registration that will prevail..what i have been using is the second registration including the name I registered in the embassy the first time I applied..my concern is I am planning to apply another application using family reunification ,, how will i explain my situation in the embassy? do I still have a chance to get my visa? it is so stressful for me and for my husband that it is like this.. please anyone can help me..

hi All,

Im Leila, :) new in Belgium and  i just arrived a couple of weeks ago,
same situation as everybody here,  i need friends :sosad:

i was reading all the threads in forum and a lot  of people wants to have a meet up
but i think nobody is organizing it..

i came up to this idea about creating a group or organization on Facebook for meet ups..
i don't promote this site or something but its just for organizing meet ups..  ;)
i know that not everybody is logged in on this site but I'm sure everybody can be log in on Facebook..
- facebook.com/expat.antwerp

feel free to go on that page and maybe we can gather all the expats in Antwerp
and we can all talk, meet and greet there..
. :) and hope someday to see all of you :)

hugs and kiss,
Leila

hello everybody, fresh alien in Belgium....i am not sure what i am doing here but i want to go places and see people, i want my mint to grow, i want to live where things happen on a big scale! (S. Fitzgerald)

Hi

You can also join expat group om Facebook.

- facebook.com/expat.antwerp?fref=nf

Regards

Tariq

hello,
I have a friends in Antwerpen. May be he can give you more information about that. You want me to let my friend inform about it??

Hello!
  it would be great!
  thank you

Hi everyone,

Me and my lovely family would like to have a permanent residency in Belgium and a working permit. We currently live in South-Africa and would definately love to explore such a beautiful place as Belgium. We would love to see the historical museums and learn more about the culture.

(Moderated: off topic + no free ad on the forum pls)

Hi Everyone,

Im Sabareesan from India,happy to be called as Rishi ( people generally have trouble with long Indian names;-) )  and I'm currently based out of Evere and my best buddy over here for the moment is Google Translator app. Sorry folks, I'm a newbie and trying to get my head around French and dutch, will learn them soon. Meanwhile its " Ca va bien" from  my side.

Thanks
Rishi

hello,
i have just arrived in Brussels from Romania for a job with the European Commission.
i have a research background on topics related to sustainable development and climate change policies.
i am much interested in meeting people from different countries and cultures, and getting to know the secret fun places of Brussels. i am also interested in art photography and would like to organise exhibitions in the city
cheers
serban

Hello Everyone,
I am Derek Wu living in San Jose, California.
I plan to move to Belgium next Summer. My work area will be Oudenaarde.

My wife and I both come from Taiwan. We have two daughters in our family.
We speak Mandarin/Taiwanese/English, but no Dutch or French.

Other than Language, we might need your help to clear some concerns/questions before move to there.

Thanks for the warm welcome.
Derek

hello

everey one it is kind so hard to leave alon he  iam so board

Hello Derek, What those concerns you are referring about?

Derek0307 wrote:

Hello Everyone,
I am Derek Wu living in San Jose, California.
I plan to move to Belgium next Summer. My work area will be Oudenaarde.

My wife and I both come from Taiwan. We have two daughters in our family.
We speak Mandarin/Taiwanese/English, but no Dutch or French.

Other than Language, we might need your help to clear some concerns/questions before move to there.

Thanks for the warm welcome.
Derek

Hello Derek,

I am sure it is schooling for the kids, living cost, etc...  Here are some threads that will give you some info.. In case of more questions, feel free to shoot them into the right discussion thread..

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 1#p1774011https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=223567http://batchgeo.com/map/2a31361d90c2d9f … 87ee44ccd5http://brussels.angloinfo.com/af/250/br … oling.htmlhttps://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 3#p2122723https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 29#1861574

Thanks !
Aneesh

Hey I am stijn, currently working in brussels in regulatory affairs but moving away for couple of months next year (Russia). Got on this forum to ask some people info about russia, but if anyone has questions about Belgium or want to have a guide for the nice places, just ask:-)

Hello! My name is Panica Ionut, come from Romania currently live in Brussels, i'm a very sociable person, i speek also english and spanish, i was a rugby and a football player at the school time, i also work in the kitchen about 4 years, back home i work even in babysitting domein for the neightbor kids, i know how to look after kids make him smile and happy, i also can manage cleeneng i can keep your house in the great shape inside and outside, i´m also willing to go on new experience, i'm a fast learner!

You can contact me any time:  +32465429722
Have a good day and Good Luck!

Hi everyone,

Reading through the posts make me feel comfortable already.

This is Satish here and am currently in the process of moving to belgium..from India.. Have a lots of questions but would read and scout through threads to seek answers first.

Hope to learn and contribute..

Hi! I'm Mae Janice from the Philippines.Single mother of two kids from different father but not yet marry any of the two fathers. I have a Belgian boyfriend, we've known each other since My3, 2014 as he saw me personally in the town market. Later on he must go back to Belgium but we continue our communication through emails. Now, October 10, 2014 he arrived here at Bohol then we see each other until one night he told me to stop the relationship because we have no future for the reason he told me he already apply a visa for me but unfortunately it is denied because of this following reasons: (1)our age gap, he is 60 while I'm 30.Is it true? (2) I have two children with two fathers, there is #3 reason I just forgot. is this reasons true based on my boyfriend statement?I just want to know is it really hard to get a visa going to Belgium?We love each other but I just can't get his point.Please help me!

hekllo my friend
my name is philippe and i just come back from ACCRA after 3 years working in ghana

and i contact u cos i wish to organize a concert with a ganean musician and i need ur help cos u are ganean living in belgium and i am sure that u know a lot of ganean men and women that live here in belgium

so u can contact me on my mail box
[email protected]
or u can call me on this number
0484 670553 and my name is PHILIPPE
so that we enter more easy in contact

wait ur news cheers
PHILIPPE

Hi, my name is Michel JOSEPH. I am a Belgian resident living in Leuven.
In Belgium there are three official languages Dutch (Flemish part of the country), French (Walloon part of the country) and German (a small part near the German border).
The Flemish part is in the north of the country. The main Flemish cities are Antwerpen, Gent, Leuven, Brugge, Hasselt, Kortrijk.
The capital is Brussels and is officially bilangual but more than 85% of the people speak French.

Welcome!
I would love to hear from you
Have a lovely day!
miguel

quand vous voulez!!
avez-vous skype?
miguel

Hello All,
I am Saravanan from India. Right now am living in Brussels (Zaventem Commune).
I heard that Indian community organization is available in Belgium. May I know the whom to contact.

Hello Saravanan,

Below FB groups will help you to meet fellow Indians..

facebook.com/groups/1487755434817688/
facebook.com/groups/207772326011481/
facebook.com/groups/100893700011116/

Hope this helps..

Feel free to PM me if you have specific questions (where to find what, etc)

Regards
Aneesh

Hi, I am Jigten living in Brussels. I like meeting new people sharing our experiences. For leasure times, I like going  on walk or jogging, I like to play any sports, but I enjoy palying Table Tennis and golf, traveling, dancing etc. If you share similar interests, I would love to hear from you.

Cheers!

jannatul wrote:

My name is Jannatul Sathi and I am 26 years old looking for work as a cleaning woman

Hello Jannatul. Do you live in Belgium. If yes in what city?

Hi, I am Sabrina I just finished my internship here in Brussels, and I am looking for a job right now, i am learning french by myself. I can understand a bit, but i am not be able to speak yet.
So as I was working during my studies in gyms and in swimming pool as teacher and I love working with children I would like to know if I have any possibility to take care kids.

Closed