English club at Bui Vien Street on Mon & Wed every week

Hi there

I have been going to this English club for a few weeks and really LOVE this place. We are there mostly Vietnamese workers and students, most of them very nice and enthusiastic to learn speaking English.

For now, there is only one warm-hearted cute kind fantastic woman named Paula who is foreigner has been there trying to help us improve our English. I love her by the way   :gloria  . So I do hope that there are more foreigners come to join us (and give Paula a hand :D). You will meet nice Vietnamese people there for sure, I promise! :top:

Vietnamese are welcome also. We have about 10 - 15 Vietnamese coming each evening. Let's come and have a lot of laugh together.

Address: 176 Bui Vien, Sozo cafe
Time: 7 pm to 9 pm, every Mon and Wed

We are on the second floor, please come inside to see us :)

Nice ! I love it!
And i will come <3 please welcome me cuz maybe i just go alone and feel lonely :( hehe
I'm a local but like to make friends and improve my english <3
Can i have ur phone number ? ( send me a private mess here ok ? <3)

jadetrang wrote:

Nice ! I love it!
And i will come <3 please welcome me cuz maybe i just go alone and feel lonely :( hehe
I'm a local but like to make friends and improve my english <3
Can i have ur phone number ? ( send me a private mess here ok ? <3)

Well you don't need my phone number. You have the address clearly and will go to meet people at the club not only me :)

If you need more information, just ask. Most of people go there alone, as I see, so don't worry :)

Hi! How is she teaching you english? I speak english, i'm an expat here in hcm and i would also like to learn vietnamese too!

taramarie wrote:

Hi! How is she teaching you english? I speak english, i'm an expat here in hcm and i would also like to learn vietnamese too!

Ya its great to hear from you. We just talking about everything we interested. Culture, traffic, people, music, language, travelling, even cake :). When we make pronunciation mistake, she will correct it, show us how to pronounce, and what is wrong. When we make a confusing sentence, she help us to make it in order

But we do not too serious, mostly talking and have fun. I think everybody will love to teach you Vietnamese too.

thank you for your information, please count me in.
many thanks

Dear all,

May i know any cell phone number or anyone to call in advance before i get into the venue???

just want to know and reserve the place for me and my friends.

Cheer

aquabeam89 wrote:

Dear all,

May i know any cell phone number or anyone to call in advance before i get into the venue???

just want to know and reserve the place for me and my friends.

Cheer

A cell phone number is useless. You do not need to re-register. Just come and go to the second floor.

See you guys this evening :)

Hi Van Khanh Ho,
Can I join your group next week? :)

Littlelen wrote:

Hi Van Khanh Ho,
Can I join your group next week? :)

You're always welcome :)

Btw it's not my group. It's the coffee shop's group. You can read more about them here http://www.sozocentre.com/

The members change frequently. There is no commitment (about come or not), that's why I love it. You can meet new members everyday :D

Thank you. See you next week :D

Hey there,
I would love to come and help teach English!
It would be a great opportunity to test some of my Vietnamese too.
James

James, Bạn có biết nói tiếng Việt? :D

Elen, Tôi học một chút tiếng Việt ;)

James, hahaha, bạn có vẻ giỏi tiếng Việt nhỉ? :D

Tôi giỏi? ...  Erm....Tôi không hiểu nhiều ;) Only hiểu the very basics!.. haha.  Need to improve speaking and listening!

Alone in Hcm, need some lovely friends go out for coffee :D. my phone: 01642874707. just sms plzz. i will be busy all day, just can go out from 7pm to 9pm. :D.

Hi VanKhanh,
Thanks for ur information, that is what i looking for to improve my English now.
See you at Bui Vien tomorrow ^^

We are gonna meet again, Mia nhi? :D

great! Littlelen
See you tomorrow  :D

You guys, pls don't forget my Paula ;)!

I wish I could join. But it's too far, I must teach 12 periods on Tuesday, so I don't want to go anywhere on Monday night :D.

Miss, the children who are 15 or under 15 years old can join in this club. They desire to practice English because they feel ashame of speaking in the crowd.

Tinajery wrote:

Miss, the children who are 15 or under 15 years old can join in this club. They desire to practice English because they feel ashame of speaking in the crowd.

Well pay attention to the difference between generations, since people in this club are mostly workers and students. I myself find a little difficult talking with teenager now, they are so much different :) Anyway, give it a try :)

Thanks all, see you on Monday next week. I'll take my children to visit sozo. It's useful for them to practice English.:))

Dear All,

should we chuck our bike somewhere nearby the coffee shop? are there any clues ?

regards,

dauquan wrote:

Dear All,

should we chuck our bike somewhere nearby the coffee shop? are there any clues ?

regards,

There is a place to keep your bike at 155 Bui Vien, fee is 10k/time
I see other people leave their bike in another place, a little bit farther which I don't know the address exactly.

Cheers VanKhanh, I'll drop by today.

Hi Van Khanh,
I also want to join this group. It sound really interesting...

Dear Ms. Khanh,

I'd like english club but I speak english not good. Can I join?
Thanks so much!

Thu Le

Some one get nice place, help other English skill,
If any one free on Sat in this week, pls send SMS together

I'm so bad in English and i just go alone. If have any one go alone like me, contact me and we can go there together. Try to develop our English ^.^

lethu_marketing wrote:

Dear Ms. Khanh,

Thanks so much!

Thu Le

People in the club are in different levels of speaking English, some are very good, some cannot speak even a full sentence. Just come, don't worry.

Burin wrote:

I'm so bad in English and i just go alone. If have any one go alone like me, contact me and we can go there together. Try to develop our English ^.^

If no one contact you, so you will not go anywhere? If yes, so that means you are not desire enough to learn English. Like many young Vietnamese people I used to see, tend to make "big words" about their dream but do nothing to catch it. Barking dogs seldom bite.

VanKhanh Ho wrote:
lethu_marketing wrote:

Dear Ms. Khanh,

Thanks so much!

Thu Le

People in the club are in different levels of speaking English, some are very good, some cannot speak even a full sentence. Just come, don't worry.

Burin wrote:

If no one contact you, so you will not go anywhere? If yes, so that means you are not desire enough to learn English. Like many young Vietnamese people I used to see, tend to make "big words" about their dream but do nothing to catch it. Barking dogs seldom bite.

Hi VanKhanh,
  guess Burin needs more empathy and encouragement rather than criticism.

Hi Burin,
take it easy, you should just come. I was there last Monday and most people just come alone the first time.
It just likes any other coffee shops but all ones there are nice and keen to speak English.
Get it choose a table you like and ask "may I join with you guys", then start making friend and talking ....

dauquan wrote:

Hi VanKhanh,

I don't think so. You see I acted different with lethu, as lethu and other persons who really need encouragement said different things. They said, "I am not good, can I come", not "I am not good, until someone take care of me and take responsible for my learning career then I will give it a try".

By the way, I said "If yes". If her answer is "no" (so she is not mean to just wait for other to contact her), then she is good, and what I said is for other people that I used to know not for her.

VanKhanh Ho wrote:
dauquan wrote:

Hi VanKhanh,

I don't think so. You see I acted different with lethu, as lethu and other persons who really need encouragement said different things. They said, "I am not good, can I come", not "I am not good, until someone take care of me and take responsible for my learning career then I will give it a try".

By the way, I said "If yes". If her answer is "no" (so she is not mean to just wait for other to contact her), then she is good, and what I said is for other people that I used to know not for her.

Your point is right, but would like add another view: If someone has ever been to a group like this before or been good to socialization, she/he might feel scared a little bit or pretty much. Then sometime he/she is keen to do but his/her fear is too big. Hence, the first thing we should do is just to give a bit motion as this one might just need it. Then whatever choice made from the person is  no longer our business. Yet, we do know there is not any negative impact come from us to the decision. Honestly, I  think we shouldn't care much about "IF yes" or "IF no"  and try to not put someone who ask for joining club into the situation where this person can be marked  as good or bad because of their decision.

found some mistake in my writing, it also took me more than 20mins to complete. Haizzz, writing is the hardest part to to improve for me. anyone having good writing skill, please share me how you did to make it that good..thank you in advance

Burin wrote:

There is a the monthly gathering here, you can attend it. The first time when I came here, I didn't dare attent it, because I felt so shy. But after seeing people here, I am not shy anymore :D; though I still feel shy when I talk to strangers. Come and join with us ;)!

dauquan wrote:

Your point is right, but would like add another view: If someone has ever been to a group like this before or been good to socialization, she/he might feel scared a little bit or pretty much. Then sometime he/she is keen to do but his/her fear is too big. Hence, the first thing we should do is just to give a bit motion as this one might just need it. Then whatever choice made from the person is  no longer our business. Yet, we do know there is not any negative impact come from us to the decision. Honestly, I  think we shouldn't care much about "IF yes" or "IF no"  and try to not put someone who ask for joining club into the situation where this person can be marked  as good or bad because of their decision.

I do not have problem with someone who fear. I am do fear to try new thing myself. That is not my point.

My action just reflect her attitude. She is an adult not a kid so if she gave a not so good attitude, she is ready to receive a not so good answer. Listen to it or ignore it is her right.

I used to want to please everybody, try to be nice with all. But one day you will realize that for some people, there is no limitation for their requirement. They think that people around have to take responsible for their life. And if we keep being nice to them, we just help to destroy them.

I do hope that she is a good student having responsibility for her own learning path.

@Van Khanh: I know your point. But I think if you are strict to her, maybe she will be scary and give up soon. In some other cases, even I am much more strict than you (cold woman  :lol:). But, she is so shy, should we encourage her?