Arabic Language institution / Visa

As Salaam Alaykum/Hi,

I'm male, 25 years old from Holland-Turkey and  wonder what the possibilities are to study Arabic in an Arabic-teaching institution in Jeddah for a year. My intention is not to work, however I'm open for that if I could study Arabic together with it. I've studied masters in Islamic Studies and my intention is to master the Arabic language before doing doctorate. I've tried the universities but their procedures and methods of choosing student are very delaying. Also institutions say that they cant grant visa to me. That's why I'm looking for VISA opportunities and would like to know what my possibilities are.

Please anyone, what are my possibilties to get VISA for studing Arabic at my own cost?

Thanks in advance and ma3a salamah.

Hello Hollandi,

I assume you are a Muslim which is a pre requisite for studying Arabic in most places in Saudi.

The most famous and recognized place to learn Arabic in Saudi is 'Islamic University in Madinah' where you will be trained to be a muslim Cleric ( Aalim and mufti) and besides Arabic language the course revolves around Quran, Hadith, Fiqa and similar subjects. A lot of new muslims are studying there so I will assume the visa procedure must be the very fast.

If you want to learn MSA ( Modern Standard Arabic), for objectives other than 'Islam', I suggest you explore studying in Cairo Egypt where the social life and friendly local community will make your study worthwhile. :)

Thank you for you reply.

I'm Turkish of origin and born Muslim. The Islamic universities are not an option to me because there is no guarantee that I'll be accepted. They choose people according to there quotas and also age is a secundary stumbling block for my chances. That's why I wonder whether there are possibilities to study at a "commercial Arabic institution". Cairo isn't an option as well, Jeddah is a must to me.. Is my only only only one option to get there by work? So, that I work + study Arabic?

Thank you very much.
Best wishes,