Moving to Jubail soon and nervous!

Hi all,
I will be moving to Jubail in about a month, living in a company compound (Huwaylat?) Just trying to find out what is it really like for a westerner living in Jubail? Is security a real concern?

I'm not too concerned about cost of living, etc, it seems to be a pretty solid pay and extras package, with free housing, utilities, school, etc. Mostly worried about day to day life, corruption, random kidnappings, and who knows what. Am I beig paranoid or not paranoid enough?

Hi,
Jubail is very safe.. and there are many westerners living and working here.

Huwaylat is a nice area, not sure where there are compounds there but nice shopping mall with an Applebees, Jarrir Bookstore and a Hypa Panda supermarket. Its also not far from the Corniche (Beach) ISG Jubail international school is pretty close to where you will be as well if you have kids.

I consider this place safe most compounds have decent security. Driving takes some getting used to as its crazy!

You are just being paranoid and nothing else !! But I'm sure you will be more or less concerened about your job life rather than anything else !!