Want to come to Thailand to Work

Hi Natepinson,

Hope you are fine. As you know that I am desperately trying to get any opportunity to come and live in Thailand. I have 16 years of experience in HR, Accounts, Customer Care and Projects Management. If you don't get mind, can we do something together in Thailand. Thanks.

Abdullah

Why Thailand, Abdullah?  Not that I'm saying it's not a good idea, just asking.

I am, or was, an English teacher.  Now, I am supposed to run a new TEFL course, so I am basically a professional writer for a few weeks, while I create the course manual, then I will be training English teachers to work in Thai schools.

Bangladesh is, unfortunately, not part of ASEAN or a native English speaking country.  If it was, moving here would be much easier for you.  ASEAN is about to start the AEC (Asian Economic Community), which will make it much easier for other ASEAN nationals to live and work in Thailand.  If you were from a country where English was the native language, I could help you, because there is a major demand for English teachers.  But, as a businessman, you will be competing for jobs with ASEAN members from Singapore, the Phillipines, Malaysia, etc. who will all be able to find work here more easily than you will.

I suggest you find a company with an office in Bangladesh and one in Bangkok, and apply there, then get yourself transferred.  If you just come here, it will be very hard to find a job.

Well and thanks Natepinson. I think Bangkok is one of the best place to live and that's why I am desperately trying to move to Bangkok. I thought that as I have 16 years of experience in private service, so it would be easier for me to get a job in Thailand. Personally I am very hard working and well capable to handle any sort of pressure. And I am trying to contact to various expat like you just because I hope anything can happened by anybody. Who knows, may be in future you may do something for me. So I will continue to keep connection with all of you to achieve my dream. because we all are here to help others. For your kind information, I am appearing IELTS exam in 20th September and after that I can admit in TEFL course, if possible under you through on line. If I successfully achieve the desired mark, then you can help me. In fact the truth is I will fight till last day to move to Thailand. I really love this country. I am really blessed to get a friend like you and please allow me to keep it. Thanks. Abdullah.

Well, Abdullah, we're a course to train native speaking English teachers.  I respect your dream, but your background is in business, not education,and you aren't from a native speaking country (US, UK, Canada, Australia, etc.).  A TEFL will not help you, but getting a job with a company with an office in Bangkok WILL help.  And your IELTS score can help you get a job like that, because if you want to work in Bangkok, you do need a TOEIC or IELTS (unless you know any Thai!).  If you want to move to Thailand, look for companies with offices in Bangkok, and apply for those positions, afer you take your IELTS.   

I am sure that you know more about the business world in Asia than I do; I am only an English teacher!  But, if I hear anything that can help you, I will let you know.

Thanks,

Nate

hi nate heres my e mail drop me a line  [email protected]   need to ask about bankok

Thanks Nate, I am really grateful to you. I don't know whether I will be able to move to Thailand, but you will be always remembered in my life. Apart from teaching line, it's quite tough for foreigner to get job in Thailand. Last twelve months I am trying and sometimes think to give up all these things. Any way, as you are now in Thailand, please do a favor. If you see any vacancy in any organization where I can be matchable, please let me know through my mail: [email protected]
In Thailand now I only know you and looking forward to you if get any chance in my life. In future if you desire to visit in Bangladesh let me know. I will show you some most beautiful things which you never seen. Thanks and take care.

Abdullah

Hello Abdullah

Kindly note that a new thread has been created as from your post on the Thailand Forum so as to help you get better interactions.

Regards
Kenjee

Hi Nate,

I am from Malaysia and I am both Canadian and Australian educated. Currently I am a trainer for an American call center based in KL. As a Global Trainer for my company, I am in charge of the training for other regional offices in the US, Netherlands, India, Malaysia and Japan.

I am very much interested to become a teacher in Thailand. But based on what you just said, I am not from the list of countries you mentioned and that Malaysia is part of ASEAN, and therefore I am not qualified to be in the teaching line?

If that's the case, I wonder what are other professions that would best suit me if I want to move to Thailand? But mind you, teaching has always been my passion and forte.

Your insight is very much appreciated.

Regards,
Natalia

nataliaisk wrote:

Hi Nate,

I am from Malaysia and I am both Canadian and Australian educated. Currently I am a trainer for an American call center based in KL. As a Global Trainer for my company, I am in charge of the training for other regional offices in the US, Netherlands, India, Malaysia and Japan.

I am very much interested to become a teacher in Thailand. But based on what you just said, I am not from the list of countries you mentioned and that Malaysia is part of ASEAN, and therefore I am not qualified to be in the teaching line?

If that's the case, I wonder what are other professions that would best suit me if I want to move to Thailand? But mind you, teaching has always been my passion and forte.

Your insight is very much appreciated.

Regards,
Natalia

Hi Natalia

Sadly you are not classed as a native English speaker by some definitions of the words. However nor are Filipinos and plenty of them work in the English industry in Thailand so I would explore your chances with a bit more research.

You might like to check out Ajarn.comwhich is a top teacher recruitment site in Thailand run by a British guy. Besides vacancies the site has lots of useful information for teachers.

If you want to live and work here then you need a work permit (WP)
getting a school to sponsor you is getting more difficult
the cost of a WP is expensive for the schools

Maybe a private co will hire you I dont know

All I can say is I know a lot about getting a WP to stay in Thailand

[moderated: give useful info on the forum instead of your email ad]

bass43229 wrote:

[moderated: give useful info on the forum instead of your email ad].

As a new member please introduce yourself to the forum

I would be pleased to know how you can get all the legal paperwork and visa etc for someone coming to Bangkok to look for work. 
If what you are offering is legal then perhaps offer the information on the forum so others can benefit from it.

I, for one, would not give out my details online to an offer like yours which lacks any information that someone can use to make an informed decision.

stumpy wrote:
bass43229 wrote:

Anyone want to come to Thailand, please contact and leave your details direct to my e-mail. i can get you either way here.

As a new member please introduce yourself to the forum

I would be pleased to know how you can get all the legal paperwork and visa etc for someone coming to Bangkok to look for work. 
If what you are offering is legal then perhaps offer the information on the forum so others can benefit from it.

I, for one, would not give out my details online to an offer like yours which lacks any information that someone can use to make an informed decision.

I posted details before but it was considered as spam
you need a lawyer as you dont speak Thai and you need to deal with Immigration, Dept of Labour, tax, accounting, Dept of Business Development DBD, then the banks etc etc.

You can do it all yourself but it will take you a lot longer