New members of the USA forum, introduce yourself here

MOST OF THE STUDENTS ARE BETWEEN 18 YEARS TO 25 YEARS. I AM 46 YEARS!!!!!!!

Hi, thanks for the info, I have checked out meetup.com and as soon as I arrive I'm planning to attend one of the meets, I will defiantly give a personal thread a go and hopefully get to know some new people  :)

Hello to all of you out there on expatblog. My name is Rascal123. I live in Palm Springs, California, USA. I am nearing retirement age and am considering a move to either Colorado, USA or Los Barrilles, BCS, Mexico. Because of the ongoing problems that our country is facing at this time I feel as though I would be "running out" on my fellow Americans if I were to bail to Mexico and not stay around long enough to help fix that which is broken, ie. the Constitution. The power and authority of the Constitution has given me all that I have in terms of liberty and freedom, both socially and economically but there are those within the power structure of this country that would take that freedom away from us. Though they have gleaned the benefits of the most powerful document in history that expounds the God given "Unalienable Rights" we enjoy, they would not consider it treason to destroy it in order to gain more personal power and money. Up till now they have whittled away much of the "Rights" given to us by God and detailed in the "Bill Of Rights" and given the "power of the People" over to the Government. If I were to ignore the benefits I have accrued by the liberties the Constitution has afforded me then those young people that will follow may not have the opportunities I enjoy now and even now are facing the problem of having to pay back all of the irresponsible spending practices of this failed government through a currency that has been debased by more than 90% in the last 100 years. The question is, Should I just leave and ignore the current situation our country is in or stay and try to wake up the masses and inform the masses of the dire predicament our American system is facing, which is the coming totalitarian state. Wake up! Sheeple of America. Your rights and Liberties are being taken away from you while you sleep!!!

Rascal welcome to the forum.

While I agree with some of your position, I do not believe that it is as bad as the doomsday you make it.  However at the same time we got fed up with the "lifestyle" of the US and bailed 9 years ago to the islands in the  Caribbean.  We do see however a day when we may return to the US but other places beckon us first.

You must also realize that things are not always greener on the other side of the fence. 

Again welcome.

Bob K

Fatimabouira20  Sometimes younger friends are not so bad. When we lived in Colorado my wife and I were in our 50s and most of our friends were in their 30s.  I guess it may depend on how "old" you feel.

Bob K

Hi!!  Thanks a lot for your email!
We'll keep in contact,  any help is wellcome!
Best regards,
Carula

Carula welcome.

You won't be receiving any messages nor will you be able to send any until you become active here on the board.

A good way to start is by posting a bit of an introduction on yourself.  Are you an Expat?  Are you planning on becoming an Epat. What do you have to contribute to the board?  What do you want from us on the board other than to send messages (basically to folks you don't know)?

Bob K

Mr. Bob,

About your phrase:    "What do you want from us on the board other than to send messages (basically to folks you don't know)?"
It did not sound nice to me...
First of all, I do not want anything from somebody who is living in Dominican Republic, as you are.
I don't understand why your'e even in this blog.  Better help to people that wants to go to your actual country of residence?
So, thanks for your email, and I will apreciate if somebody living in Miami can help and answer some questions to somebody like me, not yet an expat, but probably in a few months time.

C.

Sorry your feathers are ruffled. BUT:

1. Posts here are NOT emails so you have your terms confused
2.  This is a board of sharing so you should introduce yourself
3.  If you have specific questions on Miami then you should post them on the Miami forum
4.  To bad you don't want info on the DR or plan on visiting here. It is a great place to live
5.  I lived in many areas of the US for 56 years so have a good knowledge base.  Hence an expert for both the DR and the USA

Good luck on your search and ...chill :D

Bob K

O.k, Mr. terms,

Yes, Miami forum will be the right place. Hope to find nice and helpfull people there.

For your info, I've lived and worked in Dominican Republic for more than a year, so I know the place very well, and don't need your information.

No te estreses, papi. Disfruta de tu relax caribeño.
Un saludo.

Good luck and Adios

Bob K

My wife and I have retired approx. 18 mos ago and have thinking about moving to Belize.  We presently live in Jacksonville, Fl.  We are trying to get info on what it is REALLY like to live in Belise. ie: the good and the bad.  Thanks for any info you can supply
Jay

Maggie welcome to the USA forum. You might get more info if you post this on the Belize forum. Here is the direct link:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=226

'Good luck.  We "retired" to the Caribbean (Dominican Republic) 9 years ago and have not looked back for a second

Bob K

Hie am chriss aka mussa phiri,was born in Malawi bt nw am in sa.ireally wish ican go To America To find abetter like.if ican find dat chance iwill Be do much greatiful.

[moderated :  :offtopic: ]

Hie,ineed friends,any one interested?

Interested in what???? this is not a dating site.

Bob K

Dear Sir,

Thanks for giving me the chance to introduct my self. I am Meklit Tadesse. I am living in Ethiopia and would like to work in USA if i get the chance. I have BA degree in Marketing management and have  worked 6 year in Import & Export business. If i get the chance i will be very much interested to work in USA.

Hope to get good opportunity.

With Rgds,
Meklit Tadesse

Hi Bob,

Can i get a chance to work in USA can you advise me if any thing?

[No advertising on the forum please]

Meklit Tadesse

Welcome to the forum. I am sorry but I really can't help with your question. However if you look at the stickys listed above there  is tons of information on moving here.

Bob K

Bob, I don't know about you, but the people arguing with you while you're simply trying to welcome them is making me laugh.

Just can't make everyone happy.  Makes me smile as well and on our DR forum I just think there is another one who will find themselves in trouble. :D:D

Bob K

Hunri  Tell us a bit about yourself.

Bob K

Hi all,

my name is Morgane. I arrived to San Diego 1,5 month ago. I am here to do research at UCSD. I know San Diego a little from a stay here some 4 years ago. However, I would like to meet some fellow expats that live in San Diego.
I like to do all sorts of water activities (surfing, snorkeling, swimming etc), horseback riding (can you do this here), hiking, food and cultural activities.
I am french, but I have live for 11 years in the Netherlands before moving to San Diego. I used to live in Utrecht where I studied pharmacy (I am now a PharmD).

Welcome and you should post this in the San Diego forum as well.

Here is a link to that forum   https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=778

Bob K

Fatimabouira20 wrote:

MOST OF THE STUDENTS ARE BETWEEN 18 YEARS TO 25 YEARS. I AM 46 YEARS!!!!!!!

Many find church or other places of worship good places where strangers become friends.

Hi, my name is Lillee and I live in Boston, MA. I was born and raised in update New York but love to travel and live other places. Would love to connect with others who are passionate about exploring new places!

I am in love with Scotland. Because of family ties here in the States, relocating is next to impossible. So, I live in Scotland in my mind! I have visited 3 times and plan to go again next summer and take my 3 daughters with me. I have roots in the clan Keith and ancestral ties to the kings and queens of Scotland. I'm very proud of that. I have visited Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Stonehaven and Drumnadrochit. I adore Loch Ness!
I want my 3 daughters to know their ancestral roots and to see these places first hand. I would love to have friends to visit when we go to Scotland, I'm not a mooch, so I'm not looking for a "free" place to stay. Just a friendly face.
Later!
Clynmart

Hello everyone, I've been in Boston, MA for about two years but its always fun to meet fellow expats. I am currently a graduate student studying journalism at Boston University.

We are originally from Uk, currently living in Florida. We are looking for advice about renewing our E2 visa and have heard that santo domingo is an option. Any advice is always greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

Simon

siw wrote:

We are originally from Uk, currently living in Florida. We are looking for advice about renewing our E2 visa and have heard that santo domingo is an option. Any advice is always greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

Simon

????
You are from the UK and living in Florida USA  what does santo domingo have to do with anything???

Bob K

am.in TANZANIA  right now i.am.a student at the national institute of transport in Tanzania i would like to have many friends from America so if anybody will be interested in.visiting Tanzania just check on me at.... [email protected]   ..
here is a nice place you won't regret when come.... know more about Tanzania just Google

I was born in Andhra Pradesh in India in 1946. mother tongue is Telugu language
Came to USA in 1969 and settled.
Now I am an USA citizen since 1976.
I need help.

I want to know solicitor/lawyer that could represent me in Kuala Lumper..
Preferably Telugu language/Tamil/Hindi speaking but not essential.. An Indian must.
I can be reached at [email protected] or USA telephone (317) 679-5054
317 is area code.

I was born in 1987 at Chencha,Southern Nations nationalities & peoples Region,Ethiopia. Now  living at the capital city,Addis Ababa. I am pleased  to  be a member of Expat.com.But I wanna know more about it.
Now I am working at labor & social affairs office.I have a plan to contribute my part on the development process of my country,Ethiopia.That is why I'm studying socio-economic devlopment planning.In addition, I want to have experience  of the developed world

Dinkneh welcome.  YOu have posted this in the USA forum and my want to post in the Ethiopia  forum instead. Here is the link:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=91

Bob K

Hi all. I am South African born and a Durbanite most my life. Myself , my wife and my daughter are moving to Tampa, Florida next year. In the 'Land o Lakes' area. My wife is Canadian and we are not entirely unfamiliar with the USA as we have other family members there and lived there for six months at one stage.

We however realize this new undertaking is a 'different kettle of fish' and we would like to become as knowledgeable as possible on everything we might need to know.

Our daughter is 14 years old and finishing grade 8 here in South Africa end 2014. We have researched schools in the area we will be settling down in and seems to have identified a public school with a high rating. We would really appreciate information around this topic. Do we start her on a USA homeschooling curriculum till Sept. 2015 ?  Should this be grade 8 work or 9 ? Any advice/info/resources would be great.

There are lots more questions but lets first see how it goes with this request.

Kind regards
Jake Pieterse

14 should be 9th grade, depending on her test scores.  People from different countries are sometimes placed a little lower or higher than everyone else.

Hi, it would be nice if we get to be friends, we share& discuss our life & experiences.I'm not here to bother anybody just to explore & share happy times with good friends. tks

Why not tell us a bit about yourself?

Bob K

Closed